Tim Burton's Batman 3

If someone's curious how Burton's Robin would look like, I think the closest we will get is Bob Ringwood first Robin costume design. Ringwood worked on both Burton films and then Forever, and so he knew the style. Before Schumacher intervened he presented him this sketch which was consistent with previous movies design-wise

1208093527.jpg

I like it. It changes the ridiculous eye mask that doesnt cover identity at all and lets face it, Robin's costume does not work outisde comic books and cartoons at all on any level. Still, best movie Robin is no Robin at all by far
Looks pretty awesome honestly. :up:
Only thing I dislike a little is the hair, but I'm sure they wouldn't try that style in real life.

On Batmanmovieonline it says that's one of the concept drawings for Robin's Batman Returns outfit. It looks close to the suit used in Forever except the mask is different and the legs & arms are black.

There is another concept drawing. You can view the thumbnail of it on Batmanmovieonline however you have to be registered to their forums in order to see the full image. The only problem is their message board is down. It looks quite similar to Bruce Timm's Robin from the Animated Series.

I really like that design for Robin's suit, especially the mask. I agree though that something should be done about the hair.

Does anyone recall an interview that Michael Keaton had with Carson Daly about being Batman in Tim Burton's Superman movie? I believe it was 1997-1998... and Keaton was on the show promoting Jackie Brown or Desperate Measures... he and Carson Daly were playing golf on the set too. At one point Daly asked Keaton "Are you going to be playing Batman in the new Superman?" And Keaton said "Not exactly..." I can only assume he was slated to have an appearance as Bruce Wayne.

If I remember it rightly Keaton was supposed to cameo as Batman giving a speech at Superman's funeral from the Batcave via satellite. Considering WB had a different actor playing Bats, Clooney, at the time I'm surprised they were going to let Peters and Burton have Keaton back.

When one considers the infamous Superman works alone reference in BATMAN AND ROBIN or the mention of Metropolis in BF it's funny how if things had gone according to plan years before next year's AVENGERS movie we may have had, in some shape or form, the first superhero crossover movie.

Joel Schumacher wanted Dean Cain to actually appear as Superman in Batman & Robin. As this 1997 article states, appearing at the Batman & Robin premiere was "Dean Cain (although a rumored Superman-Batman battle royale never came about)."
http://www.eonline.com/news/holy_hype_batman_robin_premieres/34691#ixzz1X0cPaEtq
The battle likely would have been George Clooney's Batman fighting Dean Cain's Superman over Uma Thurman's Poison Ivy while under the control of her pheromone
dust, until Chris O'Donnell's Robin and Alicia Silverstone's Batgirl snap them out of it.​

Last edited:
Say what you will about B&R, but a Dean Cain Superman cameo would have been awesome. :o

You guys I totally forgot about the batman vs. Superman film they were going to do, I remember seeing an mtv news brief about it. In I Am Legend there is a brief hint at it in time square with the movie logo shown in the background.

If someone's curious how Burton's Robin would look like, I think the closest we will get is Bob Ringwood first Robin costume design. Ringwood worked on both Burton films and then Forever, and so he knew the style. Before Schumacher intervened he presented him this sketch which was consistent with previous movies design-wise

1208093527.jpg

I like it. It changes the ridiculous eye mask that doesnt cover identity at all and lets face it, Robin's costume does not work outisde comic books and cartoons at all on any level. Still, best movie Robin is no Robin at all by far

This is what Robin would have looked like:

51pcZe4cOrL.jpg

I actually have that figure.

That design is, more or less, what was used in the animated series.

Well to be more accurate that was the Tim Drake Robin design that debuted in 1991...

This is a thumbnail preview of the other concept drawing for Robin's Batman Returns suit. I found it on Batmanmovieonline however the full sized image isn't available. But I guess this is better than nothing. It looks strikingly similar to the action figure that was part of the Batman Returns toy line.

There was a design for the Robin suit that Burton helped work on with his artist. In fact, when the project was scratched and handed away, the people at Kenner used the design as one of their Robin figures(as shown in picture 1). Also, since Bob Ringwood worked on all the Batman movies at the time, it is also highly likely that his designs for Robin in Batman Forever would have been very close to what he might have come up with for Burton's 3rd Batman movie (shown in pictures 2 & 3).

FYI, image 2 is the thumbnail below and image 3 is the same concept drawing that's a few posts above.

1208093508.jpg

This is what Robin would have looked like:

51pcZe4cOrL.jpg

Last edited:
Neal Adams designed this Robin costume in 1990, which was intended by Warner Brothers to be used in the Batman movies, starting with Batman Returns.
batmandarkrobincostume.jpg

batmandarkrobin0a1149.jpg

Neal Adams: "The problem with Robin came up when the movie company wanted to do Robin in the movies. So they said to DC, 'We have to redesign Robin.' They couldn’t use Robin the way he was. And DC was stuck with the problem of what to do. So they called me — a very smart thing to do in my humble opinion — and they said, 'Can you do some new designs for Robin?' I said, 'Are you asking me to redesign Robin?' They said, 'Yeah, we are asking you to redesign Robin.' I said fine and I started to work.

Then I heard through the grapevine that they asked 12 or so other people to redesign Robin. So I had my daughter, Kris, call DC and say, 'This redesign thing is going to cost you some money if you want Neal to do it.' They said, 'We want Neal to do it.' They ask how much money. She tells them. She said, 'What’s happening now is, you’re casually asking Neal to redesign Robin, you’re not telling Neal why. We have a feeling something is going on. You’re not telling Neal it is important or that you’re getting other people to do redesigns, and that he is in competition with other people.' They said, 'Oh, no, we don’t have to tell Neal that.' She said, 'No you don’t, but on the other hand since Neal is going to win the competition, Neal is not going to sit there with the other 12 guys and just do designs until the cows come home. We are going to charge you professionally, the way we would do it for an advertising agency, if you want Neal to work on it.' They said, 'Well, we want Neal to work on it.'

They wanted me to work on it because the film company was saying they would change it. So I started to submit some designs. The most important thing that I did was realize the character had to remain Robin, but had to be a new Robin, and there were some things that were really wrong. Like his legs were bare, that didn’t make any sense. He wore these little elf boots, that didn’t make any sense. His colors were too bright — yellow and red — and he was going to be out at night, it doesn’t make any sense.

So how do you solve all those problems and still not change Robin? Aren’t you talking about designing Batman Jr.? So I started to solve problems as much as I could. I didn’t care about what the others guys were doing. I have done this before on a professional basis. I have designed costumes for stage plays and other stuff. I was solving problems and applying them to a costume. They were just designing costumes. Which was fine, but that was not what the problem was. The problem was how do you make this Robin valid? Turn the boots into ninja boots, cover the legs, deepen the colors on the costume so they were more in [line] with the Batman, put packet things on the sleeves to carry weapons, redesign the mask, redesign various things. Anyway, after a few designs I came up with what I think is the key important design to the Robin costume, and that is that the cape is yellow on the inside and black on the outside."

Rik Offenberger: "So that he blends in at night with Batman."

Neal Adams: "That’s right. At the same time when he stands with his cape thrown back, it’s still yellow and he is still Robin; justifying the yellow cape. So he can actually be Robin, he can have the Red vest; he can have the yellow cape over his shoulders. So we have saved the Robin. That, of course, was the costume that the film company loved. They said, 'This is terrific. This solves all of our problems.' There were problems they didn’t explain to me, but they were problems I already know because I know this ****. I know this **** because I am supposed to be a professional. So, I had done it. Then they asked DC, 'Could you have your designer go one step further? Have him give Robin a darker costume, closer to Batman’s costume.' So, I did. I created another Robin costume. Then I had Kris get on the phone with DC and she said to them exactly what I am going to say to you. 'Neal is going to send over a Robin costume. We recommend that you do not show it to the film company. You will sort of like it. It’s not Robin, it’s a dark costume. They will love it because they want a dark Robin. You have already shown them a successful Robin. If you show them this costume they will buy this costume and you will destroy your licensing for Robin forever. We are going to send it over, but we recommend that you do not show it to them. Make up whatever excuses you can to not show it to them. You can say, ‘You know, we have gone far enough. We have changed the Robin costume enough. We have cooperated enough. We are not going to go any further we are not going to do any more designs.’ We recommend you not show it because it looks too good. Do not show it.'

I don’t think they did. I don’t think they showed it. I think they made the argument and they probably got it through, or they showed it and said, 'You are going to destroy our licensing if you do this.' Whatever it is they decided to go with the one before that, with the black on the outside and the yellow on the inside, and that became the Robin costume. And they paid the price for it. Of course they used something I would do. I don’t think it is any kind of arrogance to say that if I do this professionally for other things I should know what I am doing, and I am the right person to go to. It is not meant as a criticism or slight to any of the other guys, because they were really not given the full information. They weren’t explained the problem, they were just saying give us a new Robin costume."
http://www.comicsbulletin.com/features/111112125162770.htm

Kenner made that Batman Returns: Robin action figure in 1991 wearing the Robin costume that Neal Adams designed.
001796.jpg

Also, Keener made this Batman Returns: Jet Foil Cycle toy in 1991 with Robin on the box wearing that costume Neal Adams designed.
batmanreturnsrobinjetfo.jpg

That Robin costume Neal Adams designed first appeared in the comics in 1991, worn by the new Robin Marv Wolfman had created named Tim Drake.
12240.jpg

While no Robin ended up appearing in Tim Burton's Batman Returns, in 1992 on Bruce Timm's Batman: The Animated Series Dick Grayson wore that version of the costume, first appearing on television in the "Fear of Victory" episode aired on September 29, 1992.
batmandarkrobingfdfdd.jpg

In 1994, Joel Schumacher cast a 25 year old man, Chris O'Donnell, as Dick Grayson for Batman Forever (1995), had him get a buzz-cut, and had costume designer Bob Ringwood alter Neal Adams' Robin costume design, making it laurel and violet colored with nipples, extremely exaggerated sculpted bodybuilder muscles, including long sleeves, an over-sized codpiece making him look semi-aroused, femininely high-cut violet part of the costume, an over-sized mask, a butterfly collar and Batman gloves that are as long as women's opera gloves. Chris O'Donnell said on the Batman & Robin DVD special feature Batman Unbound, "it wasn't so much the nipples that bothered me. It was the codpiece."
chrisodonnell004.jpg

Last edited:
I still have my Robin from the Animated Series toyline from 17 years ago and it's the exact same figure as the one from the Batman Returns toyline except it has a different head. I just realized that my Robin figure has more details than the character in the actual cartoon. Such as the washboard abs, the pouches on the shoulders & gloves, the belt, etc.

Kenner+Robin+action+figures+1992+%25261991.jpg

I have that Returns Robin figure. I used it as a professional wrestling action figure and banged it around my toy WWF ring.

sleepyhollowscarecrow03.jpg

t128288piterdevriesth.jpg

While Tim Burton was still the director of the project he reportedly wanted Brad Dourif as the Scarecrow in Batman 3, with the film set at halloween, along with a very likely return of Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman as the popular fan favorite second villain (who clearly survived the events of Batman Returns).
indexxa.jpg

http://www.mahalo.com/brad-dourif/
http://demonosia.com/tmd/actors.html
http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_3_%28Burton%27s_proposed_film%29
One rumored title for the film was Batman Continues.
No script had been written, with Warner Brothers studio executives determined to go lighter with Batman after the backlash from parents, the Dove Foundation, McDonald's and PETA over Batman Returns, so they did not let Tim Burton get far enough into production to hire a script writer, but Tim Burton already had his own ideas and concepts. In the Batman Returns commentary Tim Burton said, "I remember going into a meeting, toying with the idea of doing another one, and them (Warner Brothers studio excutives) trying to talk me out of it. I think they got a lot of flak from their tie-in partners on this movie (Batman Returns), and so I think that they were happy that I didn't do another one."
Again, on the Batman Returns DVD special feature Shadows of the Bat: The Cinematic Saga of the Dark Knight Part 4: The Dark Side of the Night, Tim Burton said, "I remember toying with the idea of doing another one, and I remember going into Warner Brothers, and having a meeting, and going, 'We could do this, we could do that,' and they go, 'Tim, don't you wanna do a smaller movie now? You know, just something that's more..,' and like, about half hour into the meeting, I go, 'You don't want me to make another one, do you?,' and their like, 'Oh, no, no, no, no, no,' and I just said, 'No, I know you don't,' and so I just stopped it right there."
Michael Keaton says he also had an idea of his own for the third film. Michael Keaton has revealed that he wanted the third film to be kind of like a prequel with flashbacks of Batman's origin, "how I wanted to do the third one is what they did in ["Batman Begins"]. I read an article about how they were going about it and I said, 'That's exactly what I thought should be done.' What I wanted to do, is what I'm told and I don't know if this is true yet so don't hold me to this until I see it, but I'm told it's more a prequel. And that was what I thought would've been a hip way to go the third time. This guy is so endlessly fascinating potentially, why not go and see how he got there."
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1579979/michael-keaton-endorses-dark-knight.jhtml
http://www.bigfanboy.com/pages/interviews/michaelkeaton/keaton.html
Perhaps the Scarecrow's fear gas would have caused Batman to have haunting flashbacks of his past, his parents funeral, the bat crashing through the window of Wayne Manor, etc.

Marlon Wayans was signed on to portray Robin in Batman Returns as well as with this film, I believe that Robin would have ended up being left out again with the same excuse from Tim Burton of there being "too many characters." Tim Burton didn't really want Robin involved, and Warner Brothers obviously didn't want Marlon Wayans as Robin.
The black mechanic wearing a garage mechanics uniform with an R on it that Marlon Wayans would have played was Batman Returns screenwriter Daniel Waters idea to compromise since Tim Burton didn't want Robin involved but Warner Brothers' production chief Mark Canton did so if they had to have a Robin they would have added an aid for Batman but minimized Robin into a mechanic known as "the Kid," who was an energetic 19 year old fan of Batman that would have made a cameo in Batman Returns fixing the Batmobile for Batman. Daniel Waters script says: "INT. A CAR REPAIR GARAGE--THE SAME DAMN EVENING A scruffy Teen, who'll be referred to as THE KID, is sweeping the grimy floor of a small, gloomy car repair garage. He wears a wildly tattered grease-monkey uniform and a blaring Walkman which prevents him from hearing the sound of shouts and sirens. He pits down his broom and sighs a sigh.
THE KID: Too much excitement for one night... Why do I keep reading this stuff?"
http://www.scifiscripts.com/scripts/batman-returns_early.txt
Daniel Waters said Tim wasn't enthusiastic about it. Ultimately it was agreed to just leave Robin out again, which is the way Tim Burton wanted it in the first place.

Why was Robin eventually thrown out of your screenplay?

Daniel Waters: "One of our big bonding issues is me and Tim Burton hate Robin. He's just the most worthless character in the world, especially with Tim's conception of Batman as the loner of loners, to have this gushing boy run around, it made us both kind of sick to our stomachs! Mark Canton [Warner Brothers' production chief at the time] was a Robin fanatic and at the first film would sit there mumbling in dailies, 'Where's Robin?'. So we had this black character that works in a garage and helps Batman out of a jam. He's wearing one of those old-fashioned garage mechanic uniforms and it just has an R on it. We really didn't even make reference to it. In fact he helps him out and they have this camaraderie. He drives the Batmobile, which I notice they used in the third film [Joel Schumacher's Batman Forever]! They didn't even give me a coupon for free popcorn for that!"
http://www.batmanmovieonline.com/articles.php?showarticle=18

During the Batman commentary Tim Burton said, "That was the thing, number one, no Robin. I even think that Bob Kane was happy there was no Robin. It's hard to come up with a psychological profile for a guy wearing a little red outfit with green booties. And all the jokes that come with it. As a kid that's just a part of the mythology is the Batman and Robin jokes. So I thought I'd just avoid all that and keep it pure to Batman's original form."

In the book Burton on Burton Tim Burton said:
1292387377books.jpg

1292388059books.png

In Starlog #145 (1989) Tim Burton about Robin, "We would lift up our arms and say, 'Let's have them both go to Frederic's of Hollywood to pick up that little red and green outfit.'"

Warner Brothers replaced Tim Burton after they realized in their meeting that the tone of Tim Burton's next Batman film was to be just as dark as Batman Returns, because Batman Returns had caused a lot of outraged parents, and kids crying in theaters. Parents were outraged that McDonald's were promoting Batman Returns to children with a massive ad campaign and cups and toys with their Happy Meals making it seem like a wholesome kids movie.

NBC reporter Faith Daniels devoted the July 3, 1992 episode of her daily talk show, A Closer Look With Faith Daniels, which aired on NBC at 12 pm, to ''Parents Against Batman Returns.'' Faith Daniels, who refused to take her 5-year-old son to see the movie, said ''It's fine to make Batman Returns an adult film, but don't market it to kids. It's rated PG-13, but who's buying the action toys? Not 13-year-olds.'' The Los Angeles Times published letters that protested ''one violent image after another.'' ''Has McDonald's no conscience?'' another letter asked. Meanwhile, the Michigan-based Dove Foundation, a nonsectarian Christian organization, has protested the McDonald's Happy Meal promotion, designed for children 1 to 10. ''Parents trust McDonald's,'' says a Dove spokesman. ''So why is McDonald's promoting a movie to little kids that's filled with gratuitous graphic violence?''

This caused McDonald's to claim that the Batman Returns toys they were selling were not promotion for the movie at all. McDonald's spokeswoman Rebecca Caruso said, ''The objective of the (Happy Meal) program was to allow young people to experience the fun of Batman the character. It was not designed to promote attendance at the movie. It was certainly not our intent to confuse parents or disappoint children.''

Warner Brothers also claimed that the McDonald's Happy Meal promotion wasn't tied to the movie but to the Batman character. ''We were careful not to provide actual toys from the movie,'' says a Warner spokeswoman. She insists that Batman Returns is rated responsibly. ''Clearly Batman Returns is not meant for 5-year-olds. As for whether it's appropriate to Happy Meals, that's up to McDonald's. We don't tell them their business.''
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,311012,00.html
Such gutless lairs when faced with controversy. McDonald's was clearly promoting the film Batman Returns:
returnscoupons.jpg

12780286345e6f749317e32.jpg

0a1a002big.jpg

And the Happy Meal toys are clearly promoting Batman Returns featuring the films version of the Batmobile and Batman in the Batmissile from Batman Returns and the Penguin in a yellow vehicle, even showing that spiral umbrella from Batman Returns which Max Shreck said "What is that suppose to do? Hypnotize me?":
40167150427096469be.jpg

McDonald's issued a written apology to the Dove Foundation, a non-sectarian organization, that charged McDonald's with promoting Batman Returns as an acceptable movie for children. "The object of our Happy Meal program was to simply allow young people to experience the fun associated with the character Batman," Jack Daly, McDonald's communications vice president, said in a prepared release. "It was not designed to promote attendance at the movie or to take the place of parents using their best judgment regarding which movies their children are allowed to see."

"We think McDonald's was culpable in the fact that the figurines they packed in the Happy Meals were advertised as safe for children 1 years old and up, and they were designed to promote a movie created for viewers 13 years of age and over," explained Richard Rolfe, managing director of the Dove Foundation. Dove characterizes itself as a foundation that previews and identifies movies that adhere to accepted Judeo-Christian values.

"McDonald's has historically had Happy Meal premium tie-ins with more benign films, like those of Disney," said Pat Broeske, a correspondent for Entertainment Weekly magazine. "Parents who saw the TV ads most likely figured if McDonald's was involved, it was acceptable for children. McDonald's is looked upon as someone they can trust."

Because of the controversy and protests McDonald's stopped selling Batman Returns merchandise. The McDonald's representative said the national advertising schedule for McDonald's-Batman Returns ended on July 2, 1992.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3190/is_n29_v26/ai_12477873/

PETA also protested Batman Returns for animal cruelty over Michelle Pfeiffer putting a real bird into her mouth and mimicking eating it and the real penguins wearing helmets and rockets on their backs.

So Warner Brothers really didn't want Tim Burton to do another dark Batman movie.

When Joel Schumacher was brought on board as the new director, he threw out Tim Burton's plans, starting from scratch.
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,308195,00.html
Tim Burton reportedly never intended on using Two-Face in the next one, although he had left the door open as a possibility of Billy Dee Williams returning and becoming Two-Face in a future installment. Joel Schumacher had hired Tommy Lee Jones to play Harvey Dent/Two-Face. Since Warner Brothers wanted two villains in the movie, the Batchlers then decided to bring on the Riddler, due to the character's popularity. Writer Janet Scott Batchler said that the Riddler was not part for Batman 3 until Joel Schumacher and writers Lee and Janet Scott Batchler took over.
Joel Schumacher wanted Robin Williams to play the Riddler, and Lee and Janet Scott Batchler wrote the role with Robin Williams in mind. Robin Williams confirmed in November 19, 1993, that he had been talking to director Joel Schumacher about the project scheduled to film in September 1994, and he said that he thought playing the Riddler would be "nifty," but the script wasn't finished yet. Joel Schumacher was expecting the script to be in his hands on January 1, 1994.
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...t/9311190178_1_dirty-shame-riddler-batman-iii
After reading the script and the studio giving him a final deadline for his decision, Robin Williams turned down the role. He believed the character was too intellectual and not as comedic as the Riddler played by Frank Gorshin on the TV series. Robin Williams was reportedly also concerned that his Riddler would be overshadowed by the film's other foe, Harvey Two-Face. So Joel Schumacher cast Jim Carrey instead. It took just 30 minutes of negotiation to cast Jim Carrey.
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,302503,00.html
The character of Dr. Chase Meridian was also created by writers Lee and Janet Scott Batchler as a way to challenge both sides of Batman's personality.
http://des509.blogspot.com/2011/05/tim-burton.html
http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_3_(Burton's_proposed_film)
Michael Keaton left the project because he was unhappy with the script and Tim Burton being replaced.
'Money was never the issue,'' says Michael Keaton's producing partner, Harry Colomby. ''Not doing this movie means he probably gave up $30 million, based on his back-end deal. His concerns were not self-serving. They were about the project.
[After one meeting with Joel Schumacher] Michael was not feeling confident. Creatively, it wasn't happening. He was worried that the character he'd lived with for two films wasn't going to be developed the way he wanted it to be developed." As the script was being revised, ''no one ever called [Keaton] to say, 'Wait! You've got to see this!' Or, 'Wait 'til you see what we've got for Batman!'''
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,302969,00.html
Michael Keaton said, "I knew we were in trouble in talks for the third one when certain people started the conversation with 'Why does it have to be so dark?' 'Why does he have to be so depressed?' 'Shouldn't there be more color in this thing?' I knew I was headed for trouble and that it wasn't a road I was going to go down. The reason they weren't interesting was the reason I didn't want to do them anymore. I read the script [for "Batman Forever"]. I wasn't into it. I didn't like the third script... I just said 'I really don't like this, and I don't want to do it.' I don't pay much attention to what other people think. I didn't do the third one because the script was silly and light."
http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=21659
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1579979/michael-keaton-endorses-dark-knight.jhtml
http://www.contactmusic.com/news-article/keaton-i-would-turn-down-batman-forever-again
Val Kilmer said about being cast, "I didn't know anything in terms of the cast, story or anything, but I said, 'Sure, sounds like fun.'"
http://www.superiorpics.com/val_kilmer/
Robin Wright was Joel Schumacher's top choice for the role of Chase Meridian in 1994, until she turned down the role. "I could have done [blockbusters] ... I was offered 'Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves' and the third 'Batman' movie [a role that eventually went to Nicole Kidman]. But I believe that you burn out with those things. And I didn't want to be bored."
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,311012,00.html
http://www.notstarring.com/actors/wright-penn-robin
Rene Russos was cast by Joel Schumacher in 1994 to play Chase Meridian in Batman Forever, but a scheduling conflict filming Outbreak overlapped the filming schedule of Batman Forever, so she had to leave the cast. There was a rumor that at age 40, she was considered too old for Val Kilmer, who was 34. Joel Schumacher explained in June, 1994 that Rene Russo "may indeed leave the film, but not because of her age." He confirmed that "Before Batman Forever, she was committed to Outbreak, a film about a deadly virus starring Dustin Hoffman, and its shooting schedule had been delayed, presenting a possible conflict with Batman Forever's production."
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1994-07-13/features/1994194088_1_batman-schumacher-keaton
http://articles.latimes.com/1994-07-08/entertainment/ca-13379_1_batman-forever
http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...CkfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=NM8EAAAAIBAJ&pg=7139,1735490
Tim Burton said that the title "Batman Forever" sounded "like a tattoo you get when you're on drugs."
http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/Tim-Burton/biography/

Last edited:
NBC reporter Faith Daniels devoted the July 3, 1992 episode of her daily talk show, A Closer Look With Faith Daniels, which aired on NBC at 12 pm, to ''Parents Against Batman Returns.''

LOL. Why has no one posted this online?

I keep seeing Ringwood's name in those Robin pieces. It reminds me that it'd be nice if Bob Ringwood was at least considered as a costume designer by whoever makes the first post-Nolan Batman. We need a good iconic Batman costume again. Ringwood knocked it out the park 3 times in a row (yes I like the panther suit; sans nipples & the codpiece it is pretty good). Gave us the best suits and the best cowls.

That's pretty interesting thanks for sharing theMan-Bat.

Last edited:
Manbat I adore you, those articles were amazing thanks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"