Tim Burton's Batman Forever

StarWars

Civilian
Reaction score
Ever since I saw Batman Forever in 1995, I wished Tim Burton would have directed the third one instead of it going to Joel Schumacher. I'm not the biggest hater of Schumacher version of Batman, I just really favored Tim Burton's versions of the caped crusader. When I got older and internet became big, I learned that in fact Burton was originally going to direct the third Batman film with Riddler, only to have WB pull the plug on Burton's vision due to freaking McDonald's Happy Meals and marketing the film to children to sell toys and merchandise, what a load of crap....

Anyway, I've always been interested in Burton's version of Batman Forever, so I made a website, typed out my story line of how I thought it should have played out, and made some posters for fellow Burton Bat Fans...

My website for everything Tim Burton's Batman Forever related:

http://burtonsbatman3.weebly.com/

Enjoy....

batman_iii_by_bttf2-dauuaci.jpg

Last edited:
I still hate that Tim Burton never had his third Batman film.
I love Batman Forever; it's really nostalgic for me. Still, it would have
been so cool to see what Tim Burton would have done. I hear he was supposed
to use Scarecrow.

I still hate that Tim Burton never had his third Batman film.
I love Batman Forever; it's really nostalgic for me. Still, it would have
been so cool to see what Tim Burton would have done. I hear he was supposed
to use Scarecrow.

I agree. Batman Forever wasn't terrible as people make it out to be, but I grew up on that film. It does have nostalgic feel for me. I remember going into Target and seeing all the giant Batman Forever posters and stuff. Good times. It was fun. Batman Forever was a summer blockbuster version of Batman. Burton was a dark gothic artistic version with psychological damaged characters.....Schumacher did a summer blockbuster version with colors , explosions, action.....then Nolan was more about character development & plot with great performances. I don't have an issue with any of them. I do have an issue with the current state of Batman with Snyder, but thats a different story. Nothing against Affleck though. Just the direction and use of the character in such a bad story.

But back to Burton, I've always wondered what 'could have' happened if Burton did direct the third movie. As much as I wondered, it might have been absolutely terrible, the threequel curse is a real deal. X-Men 3, Terminator 3, Spider-Man 3, etc, etc....Burton might have been burnt out, but still would have been a very interesting film. Burton films are never really boring. I'd actually rather take Burton's Superman Lives over Bryan Singer's Superman Returns because at least Burton would have had things going on in his Superman movie despite it being Nic Cage.

I'd swear I read where Burton wanted to use flashbacks to explore Batman's origins in his third Batman movie. A Burton take on Ra's or Bane would be cool.

I'd swear I read where Burton wanted to use flashbacks to explore Batman's origins in his third Batman movie. A Burton take on Ra's or Bane would be cool.

I think Michael Keaton made those comments when discussing Batman Begins when he was promoting Birdman. I think he mentioned he had the idea that he wanted to explore where Bruce came from, a sort of prequel.

Burton's take on Ra's Al Ghul would have been awesome. I could see him using Christopher Lee for that role.

Changing it up a bit, but felt like doing a modern day Mask of the Phantasm live action film poster.....

batman___mask_of_the_phantasm_by_bttf2-dav1fy4.jpg

Last edited:
Top notch stuff, man.

Thanks....Just got a lot of time on my hands, lol...

But overall, I thought a Tim Burton's Batman Forever would have been so fascinating. You know he would have completely did something new and original for Riddler / Two Face. People bash his Batman films for not being true to the comic and too 'Burton-ish', but I like the different take on the character. Unless its part of some sort of 'shared universe', I don't have a problem with talented directors putting their own spin on the character.

Burton did Batman / Joker , Nolan did Batman / Joker - and it was great how different they were, completely different characters, enjoyed them both. It would have been really boring if both Burton & Nolan did the same comic book version, true to the comic, because then we would have just gotten the same film - exactly like Sam Raimi's Spider-Man & Marc Webb's Spider-Man. Same film, boring...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"