X-Men ‘97 X-Men 97 Episodes 8, 9, and 10 - Tolerance is Extinction Parts 1-3 SPOILER Thread

Excellent start to a 3 part Season Finale. X-Men’97 May be the best Marvel property in tv history.

Seriously the references to the original animated series, the plot references to current events. We’re literally living it up with Marvelous delight. I’m curious to see what they have installed for next Season as an arc. The world is expanding with the appearance of Dr. Doom and Baron Zemo, we got two major characters that are connected to The Fantastic Four and The Avengers, not to mention the stunning appearance of our Friendly Neighbor Spider-Man on the scene in New York.

That's what I'm still hoping for. I see the potential in that storyline especially with how they've been doing things in this show. But that will most likely be saved for season 2.

In the meantime, I'm looking forward to all-out war between Magneto and humans. Have the feeling that this might be what Bastion wanted all along to fan the flames of anti-mutant sentiment.
I'm happy for Gambit to come back first as Death and then maybe even regular Gambit as long as there are big gaps in between all of those so we don't have death feel like nothing when we see it. At the same time I want a much-loved character back to see his backstory and relationship with Rogue and other teammates develop, way too soon to kill him off for good.

Bastion is sewing chaos and things are about to go nuclear, he's grinning away in the background. :D

Excellent start to a 3 part Season Finale. X-Men’97 May be the best Marvel property in tv history.

Seriously the references to the original animated series, the plot references to current events. We’re literally living it up with Marvelous delight. I’m curious to see what they have installed for next Season as an arc. The world is expanding with the appearance of Dr. Doom and Baron Zemo, we got two major characters that are connected to The Fantastic Four and The Avengers, not to mention the stunning appearance of our Friendly Neighbor Spider-Man on the scene in New York.
People can debate on whether it's the best but it's going to be my favourite for sure. So far beyond my expectations, and I hope the rest of Marvel's animated material can take a step higher as a result of seeing this success.

I still think we may get Apocalypse in the season finale, and possibly Phoenix too…

Wonder if Bishop will make an appearance too. If he and Cable were separated in the time stream though, who knows where he ended up…

People can debate on whether it's the best but it's going to be my favourite for sure. So far beyond my expectations, and I hope the rest of Marvel's animated material can take a step higher as a result of seeing this success.
I also love that with the animation seems like stuff can be done more secretly.

There aren't scoopers anywhere and we're going into the finale clueless about the these last episodes or next season holds. And I love that.

I also love that with the animation seems like stuff can be done more secretly.

There aren't scoopers anywhere and we're going into the finale clueless about the these last episodes or next season holds. And I love that.
Yeah, I don't know a single thing about what will happen and it feels great.

Three things about this episode.

1. Kurt’s monologue to Jean about family was just touching. Every scene he has he just steals, I love that for Nightcrawler.

2. When Morph said “oh another dystopia where Logan is the only survivor!”
IMG_0080.gif

And lastly, where the hell was that display of power from Magnus when everyone was dying in Genosha?!
IMG_0081.gif

Three things about this episode.

1. Kurt’s monologue to Jean about family was just touching. Every scene he has he just steals, I love that for Nightcrawler.

2. When Morph said “oh another dystopia where Logan is the only survivor!”
View attachment 89129

And lastly, where the hell was that display of power from Magnus when everyone was dying in Genosha?!
View attachment 89128
Noble Kurt elevates the whole thing. He says what needs to be said in the right way in all these scenes. Along with the teleportation with swords battle alongside Wolverine, the creators know how to give us the best of Nightcrawler.

Morph :funny:

To think we FINALLY got Doom in an X-men cartoon...in one scene of dialogue, we got a perfect comic book look of Doom, him talking in the 3rd person, and a slight accent...not to mention, his sense of honor was on display too...all in one scene...I sincerely hope this translates cinematically to next year when he debuts in F4....

It's such a small thing and I get that it was fanservice but damn Doom and Spidey showing up in this really got a reaction out of me and made me feel like a little kid all over again and I loved it.

Just knowing Doom is out there somewhere opens up a ton of cool possibilities. I mean how awesome would it be seeing Doom and Magneto interact or Doom and Xavier having a scene together.

Also, Kurt and Logan teaming up was EPIC!!!!

It's such a small thing and I get that it was fanservice but damn Doom and Spidey showing up in this really got a reaction out of me and made me feel like a little kid all over again and I loved it.

Just knowing Doom is out there somewhere opens up a ton of cool possibilities. I mean how awesome would it be seeing Doom and Magneto interact or Doom and Xavier having a scene together.

Also, Kurt and Logan teaming up was EPIC!!!!
I love seeing villains interact - had good times with that on Gotham and the Arkham games and Sinister 6 in comics. We're getting that here too with a whole bunch of characters crossing paths which is just so fun. Getting the real big deal characters like Doom and Magneto to interact would be something else entirely though!!

To think we FINALLY got Doom in an X-men cartoon...in one scene of dialogue, we got a perfect comic book look of Doom, him talking in the 3rd person, and a slight accent...not to mention, his sense of honor was on display too...all in one scene...I sincerely hope this translates cinematically to next year when he debuts in F4....

Agreed. If you’re looking for more animated Doom, Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes really got him right too. He first pops up in the S2 premiere episode

That was already obvious by his design, but good to see confirmation nonetheless. I wonder if this takes place before the Spider-Verse event and search for MJ.

Not sure how much thought the writers are going to put into this, but if we’re thinking chronologically, then the Secret Wars event wouldn’t take place until next year in 1998 (that’s when the Spidey animated show ended).

Oh my stars and garters, this had everything and then some. Not only were the fights incredible and inventive but the plot twists and turns equally had me on the edge of my seat. Omega Red! Spidey! Silver Samurai! FREAKING DOOM!! My mind is exploding right now.

This series is one of the best on tv right now and shows why the X-Men are so friggin good.

Agreed. If you’re looking for more animated Doom, Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes really got him right too. He first pops up in the S2 premiere episode
Oh yes...life long Doom fan...Private War of Doctor Doom was a fantastic episode....and the entire season 2 of F4 with Simon Templeman nailed Doom....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"