Tin Man

Gotta catch this show when it hits torrent. It looks good + it's from the same director who did the trippy 1999 tv-version of Alice In Wonderland. I had a high fever when I watched it so that might have affected to its trippiness, but anyway.

"D.G." is a terrible actress.

Agreed.

No emotions in it at all. She came out like robot. She sounded even worse when she yelled out, at least I think she was yelling out:huh:, to those Ewok as they walked her away from her cage. And her scream as they jumped off cliff was just :dry:. ****, I pretty sure that's the face she was making as she fell.

I like Tin Man so far but yeah, DG is a horrible actress. There are some lines where I even cringed and thought there's no way she is serious. They really should have hired someone better. But for the life of me, I can't figure out where I have seen that witch from! :huh:

I enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting much so I guess that's why. I'll tune in for a few more and see how it goes. Of course, I said the same thing with Flash Gordon and we all know how that turned out. :(

The Witch is played by Kathleen Robertson. It took me forever while I was watching it, but finally I was like..."Oh yeaaah, Scary Movie 2."

Dang it! that's right!! Thanks bruh!

I was gonna check this out but now I'm not so sure...maybe it'll be worth a download.

The Witch is played by Kathleen Robertson. It took me forever while I was watching it, but finally I was like..."Oh yeaaah, Scary Movie 2."

AHA...I went to High School with her. She was kinda b*tch though, very snobby.

Yeah, Zooey wasn't very good. Her sister has the same bland delivery, but it works on Bones because that's what the character is like. And Boreanaz is way different to work off of.

DG wasn't shocked by any of the things she saw. I was at least hoping for a look of confusion or a raised eyebrow.

Haven't watched it yet,but I was hoping that when they updated it that it would have the Tin Man be a cool looking robot type character,and not have a Indiana Jones look.

Even though it sucks I'll watch it to the end. And yes Zooey is absolutely awful in it.

Their mini-series always turn out to be great. So that's what I hoping for when I watch this.

The previous ones that were great in my eyes were Taken & The Lost Room.

And don't forget the one about the Bermuda Trianlg a couple of years ago by Brian Singer.:cwink:

---------

And the original movies and original mini-series are completely different things, why? I have no idea. But the mini-series are typically always good to great. The movies flat out suck. Why this is, no idea... I find it odd that it's like that- but the mini-series are probably worked on for a long time whereas the original movies are just thrown together with no thought put into them.

I knew there was one with Katherine Bell. The Triangle, which was also very good, & 5ive Days to Midnight with Timothy Hutton.
No love for Dune or Children of Dune :csad:

:cmad::cmad::cmad::bh:

^According to Wiki, those two were two of the three highest rated shows on Sci-Fi, ever.

I missed Tin Man, though. I promised myself that after missing out on Battlestar, I'd search for the next mini-series. Painkiller Jane and Flash Gordon sucked balls, but this looked so promising. Judging from the posts in here, it is good. Any repeats anytime soon?

a repeat of last night's episode is airing right now.

I really ended up enjoying this mini. Seeing the original Dorothy was fun. I know I said Zooey was wooden, but she really came alive in the second and third parts. Still not sure why they called it Tin Man.9/10

I haven't watch it since the first night. I have to wait til it comes on again. I wanted to watch it but I just have bee busy. :o

Haven't been able to get through the first few minutes. The prospect of the delicious Kathleen Robertson though... I'll try and watch it again soon.

So i just finished this at lunch today, I thought it was pretty good overall actually. Although that may be because I do enjoy most of the scifi mini-series. But yeah this was enjoyable for me, fresh, I liked the characters I thought it went nicely. And for those who are asking I'm 90% positive they said they would be replaying the whole thing this sunday at 5 I believe, but you'll want to check to make sure I'm right there.

Started watching this tonight after downloading it....Half way through the first episode and so far I'm not a fan. I have been cringing the whole way through (except for scenes with Kathleen Robertson...soooo hot :))

How many parts is this that I am going to suffer through?

Started watching this tonight after downloading it....Half way through the first episode and so far I'm not a fan. I have been cringing the whole way through (except for scenes with Kathleen Robertson...soooo hot :))

How many parts is this that I am going to suffer through?

3 parts. First part is rough second(best) and third is good.

Thanks a lot. I'll be finishing this over the weekend (possibly)

I thought the series improved steadily throughout, the first part was rough and I considered not watching parts 2 & 3, but it really improved in those parts, especially when you found out it was more like a sequel to Wizard of Oz instead of a remake.

I'm in the middle of finally catching this thing. In fact, I just finished the first part.

I don't remember why I liked Zooey in Hitchhiker's Guide. At all. I've never seen someone give the same blank expression so steadily for so long.

I was wondering where I knew that witch from, and sure enough, she was the big-titty girl from Scary Movie 2. I knew I recognized that rack. A rack which, by the way, the director convoluted an action sequence around just for a close-up. :up:

Anyone know if this will be repeated anytime soon? I just checked my DVR and it messed up on part 3 and only recorded the first minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"