Titans Titans - S01E05 - Together

Good episode! Major step up from the previous two.

The fight scenes were really great with Dick and Kory. I love that the family is such a major force for them to take on. Look at shows like Arrow where the minions are always taken out in mere seconds and none of TA break a sweat.

Raven and her basically throwing up black smoke to use her powers though.....needs to go. Along with Gar running away to undress real quick, find him a Cisco who can make him the appropriate clothes.

And Jason leaves us with the cliff hanger as the new Robin.

This show is still on the plus side. Good to see some semblance of a team finally coming together, and with a lil humor thrown in too. I hope there is going to be more to Gar than just changing into a tiger. It seemed to put the fear in Dick though. And as Kory said, its doesn't help when Gar has to go hide and change before he can transform.

Nice end to the show when the new Robin turns up. Gotta feeling that's gonna create some fireworks.

The fight scenes were really great with Dick and Kory. I love that the family is such a major force for them to take on. Look at shows like Arrow where the minions are always taken out in mere seconds and none of TA break a sweat.

Raven and her basically throwing up black smoke to use her powers though.....needs to go. Along with Gar running away to undress real quick, find him a Cisco who can make him the appropriate clothes.

yeah. I agree with you about how Raven's "soul power" is being displayed. it's plain gross and distracting. I hope it doesn't continue like that. It should really come out of her hands, since she can apparently direct and control it to attack/grab things.

but I do have a different opinion about this ep. I actually enjoyed it the least and found my interest dipping slightly for the first time. Also, I think when they demoed their powers, it really showed the limitations of their budget.

They really should've chose between Starfire and Gar, having two heavy CGI based characters on their budget will only hold them back.

I enjoyed it. The cliffhanger with Jason was awesome! But the kid playing him really reminds me more of Damien Wayne.

Y'know, if the actor playing Starfire had straight red hair instead of super curly, I think it would look a million times better. At least the way I visualize it in my head.

Another entertaining episode! I prefer last weeks’ episode, but it was great to see the team together and interacting!

The highlights were the team dynamic, the brawl with the Nuclear Family, and the ending!

Jason Todd actor made me think of Jesse McCartney's Robin.

After last week's episode and a dip in quality in my opinion I was rewarded with this week's episode -- my favorite so far! Really digging this show to my surprise!

Kinda' like Bruce Banner when he Hulk's out? Not quite picturing a Tiger in shorts though! ;)

I thought this was a fantastic episode.

-The Nuclear Family made for some really fun antagonists.

-The Dick/Kory love scene was handled well, but I kinda wish they would’ve built the sexual tension over the course of a couple of seasons.

-Kory/Starfire is growing on me, but I wish she acted more alien. The fish out of water thing is a huge part of the characters appeal, at least imo. She’s well adapted to earth culture at the start in this.

-Raven’s portrayal is working for me as well. I’m consistently impressed by this kid’s American accent (she’s from Australia).

-Beast Boy is another piece of good casting. I’m liking the BB/Raven dynamic. Wish he’d turn into some other animals, but I get that they’re building up to that.

-The Jason tease was my favorite part of the episode for sure. He’s going to be a lot of fun, I can already tell. In one minute, they already did a great job in differentiating Dick and Jason.

-Seeing the team was my other favorite part of the episode. I think their dynamic is working really well. Dick taking charge gives me chills. The whole surrogate family thing actually works well for me. They’re all outsiders looking to belong somewhere. Beast Boy may be part of a family already, but the Doom Patrol is dysfunctional AF.

I can’t wait for next week. This show is working for me. I’m already hyped for next season. Cyborg and Deathstroke confirmed. I bet we get the Judas Contract next season!! Kid Flash, Aqualad, and Speedy would all be welcome additions as well

Y'know, if the actor playing Starfire had straight red hair instead of super curly, I think it would look a million times better. At least the way I visualize it in my head.

tumblr_pgprf4z2zi1thu02i_400.jpg

This show can be very cruel at times

Like Dick’s police partner or that lonely hotel manager who got rejected by him after he just did what he did with Starfire, and the hotel manager is immediately killed by the Nuclear Family.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, damn the Nuclear Family. Lol.

This show can be very cruel at times

Like Dick’s police partner or that lonely hotel manager who got rejected by him after he just did what he did with Starfire, and the hotel manager is immediately killed by the Nuclear Family.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, damn the Nuclear Family. Lol.
Did not expect they'd become the
Suicide Squad

-The Dick/Kory love scene was handled well, but I kinda wish they would’ve built the sexual tension over the course of a couple of seasons.
I wouldn't call that a love scene. Hah. I'm sure they'll relationship will develop, but that particular scene was more a release for both parties. The love, I'm sure, is yet to come.

-Kory/Starfire is growing on me, but I wish she acted more alien. The fish out of water thing is a huge part of the characters appeal, at least imo. She’s well adapted to earth culture at the start in this.
To be fair, she's still suffering from amnesia at the moment; she may act more alien once she realises she is an alien (opposed to a metahuman or genetically enhanced individual).

-The Jason tease was my favorite part of the episode for sure. He’s going to be a lot of fun, I can already tell. In one minute, they already did a great job in differentiating Dick and Jason.
I wonder whether we're going to meet Damien at any point. Would they introduce three Robins in one and the same show? I'm further curious just how long Grayson had left Bruce, cause Bruce has seemingly trained a new Robin (Todd) in Grayson's place, and the implication here is that they've not met before. Todd must be one hell of a quick learner.

I can’t wait for next week. This show is working for me. I’m already hyped for next season. Cyborg and Deathstroke confirmed. I bet we get the Judas Contract next season!! Kid Flash, Aqualad, and Speedy would all be welcome additions as well
So long as he doesn't end up as a Speedster, I'm good with this!

To be fair, she's still suffering from amnesia at the moment; she may act more alien once she realises she is an alien (opposed to a metahuman or genetically enhanced individual).

I don't see that happening. "Oh I'm from a different planet? Time to change my personality..."

I don't see that happening. "Oh I'm from a different planet? Time to change my personality..."
Depends whether her memories start coming back to her (slowly?) or whether she receives a sudden shock or something that 'restores' her? Her currently personality could be temporary? She may retain her general nature, but her personality could change.

Great episode. My favorite so far. Really entertaining action, cool teamwork, great way to have Dick show he's Robin to the others (and the brainwashed family were such cool villains)..... Personally I want to see more episodes like this, in which they mix character development with teamwork during fights, and a little less of random guests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"