Titans Titans General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the guy playing Robin. But this seems way too "trying hard to be edgy". Robin saying "F*** Batman" just makes my skin crawl a little bit.

Looks badass, really excited for this.

Also Robin been p*****d at Batman is very much in line with the comics during the Titans era.

Well, sheesh...Dick must be pissed that Batman didn't let him have a Robin signal in the sky.

I liked the trailer.

If this was supposed to convince me to get the DC streaming network they did a horrible job.

This just seems like a bad parody. Darkness! Grim!

Yeah. It looks like it was written by a 13 year old edgelord.

The trailer music felt like it should of been this :woot:
[YT]/pqv_LUStxDw[/YT]

Do we have any indication what city this is taking place in? Gotham? Bludhaven? San Francisco?

Let’s not complain about Teen Titans Go ever again.

I liked it, guys....*runs for cover*

I hear what you guys are saying and maybe the trailer tried a little TOO hard to show that "this aint no Teen Titans Go!" But I liked the vibe of it. It reminded me of when Arrow came out and it took a darker, grittier take on that and that ended up working for that show. Almost all of DC's shows are light and fluffy now so its good to have some counter programming with something a little more mature skewing.

there are aspects that i like, but i didnt like the way they put together the trailer and i always hate when they use songs rather than a score. Starfire still looks awful and BB looks like his skin was digitally painted green, i dont understand that decision.

He probably only turns green when he’s about to transform.

I was so hyped because I knew the trailer was coming out this morning, and I kept waking up too early and then going back to sleep. After seeing the trailer, and after being so hyped, I don't know how I feel.

I really don't want to be negative, but I couldn't help but feel disappointed.

-The editing of this trailer is wack AF. The color grading too, I really think this would benefit from more color. It's the Teen Titans, those books are always colorful.

-The actress playing Raven isn't convincing me just yet with her delivery. And that look seems a bit silly on such a young actress.

-Beast Boy looks amazing. Glad he is green. Unfortunately I think he is green only when powering up.

-Starfire looks better than I was expecting as well. Glad she turns orange!

-The actor playing Robin looks great in the suit, and he was the best part of the whole trailer.

-I don't really mind the Watchmen level of violence, but.... I just don't know who mandated this visually dark look and the extreme violence and swearing. It is really unnecessary and no one has responded well to it online. It doesn't really pair well with the way these characters are traditionally portrayed.

Robin is my favorite superhero in general. Even if everyone else sucks, it'll still be cool to see my dude in live action again.

So I'm cautiously optimistic, but that trailer could've been better for sure.

Last edited:
Why do all these teen focused shows play these Paramore like drivel? It's really getting old.

I liked it. It looks cheap in certain spots but I couldn't help but smile at Robin's "**** Batman" line. Maybe they're trying too hard to be edgy but they probably understand that it's hard to make Robin cool to mainstream audiences. So going a little over the top with it might work.

So, did Robin straight up murder some people?

A reminder to everyone....Uncensored cursing is not allowed on the Hype....do not post trailers with uncensored cursing in it.

Still far from perfect but seeing Robin in that suit had me like

That was genuinely terrible? Johns wrote the pilot? I can tell.....

Have to say the trailer looks a lot more promising than the early photos. Beast Boy, Raven, and Robin look like the real deal. I hope Starfire isn't as bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"