Titles from Marvel you'd like to see?

TheCorpulent1 said:
I mentioned this on another thread like this that popped up a while ago, but what the heck, I'll say it again. I'd love to see Marvel take advantage of their rich magic side and put out a book that unites some of their magic heavy-hitters on one team. None of Marvel's great magic characters have solo books at the moment, so it'd be a great opportunity to put them together in one place. Dr. Strange, Ghost Rider, Blade, the Black Knight, maybe Satanna and the other Witches (despite the fact that that mini sucked), Hellstorm, etc. fighting hardcore mystical threats like legions of vampires, Blackheart or Mephisto, and others.

I've even got a good idea for the first arc: Thor destroyed Asgard in his Disassembled arc, but what if he didn't get it all? What if portions of the Asgard landmass survived and the rest of Asgard's destruction created rifts between its dimension and Earth's? Trolls, giants, sorcerers, et al. come through, madness ensues, and these magic-inspired heroes are united by Dr. Strange to combat them. After that, they decide that staying together would make sense (have Doc Strange write the Defenders off as losers or something ;)) and the series goes from there.
I really like this idea; clearly inspired from DAY OF VENGENCE at DC, which outsold a slew of Marvel books (even some X-Books). Plus, Black Knight would be able to "multitask" with his knowledge of technology, too, in case they need it.

Considering Dr. Strange has organized a slew of ad hoc teams in the past, it's weird that few consider him a "leader" when those "who is the best team leader" debates come up; most folks just focus on the usual suspects (Cap, Reed, Storm, etc.).

Zoken said:
Honest opinion Deemar?

I can't see Luke doing that. he's got a solid gig with the NA now, and I think Jessica would prefer him stick with the big boys than strike out with, what even she has to consider, are some minor leaguers.

I also don't see Shang-Chi taking the Tony Stark approach. I think it would be funny to watch him have this almost Zen attitude going on in a place where Zen is anything but the standard. the catch being that he isn't really as at peace as he looks. he is torn up inside about his family, and about his role regarding his father.

Cloak and Dagger won't come. They have this whole attitude that its the two of them against the world, which is only going to be more enforced because of Cloak's experiences with the NA during their guest shot in the Runaways. also in the first issue of that, Cloak pleads to Luke who shows him no sympathy. I doubt very much that their lifestyle would work out. plus Dagger trusts no one but Cloak.

Now, this is just my impressions. I have read none of their independant titles, so I reserve the right to be as wrong as a 27 dollar bill

Thanks for being honest, I'm just tired of Cloak and Dagger being such asses about there situation, when they could just grow up, and not be all gloom and doom and get a life and some jobs. Justice and Firestar figured that much out. My theory why C&D have failed as characters is that they are stuck as 'whoa is me victums' and not evolved as heroes. The not trusting prominent superheroes is ******ed especially Captain America, It's annoying to keep reading about them when all they have to do is just stop and say "Hey we are done being losers and accept offers of help from Cap and the rest."

Luke not doing the above, well I'm doing a Heroes for hire book, and I really don't see Luke being a Avenger for long Marvels gonna bring back the old guard at some point and Lukes real family has and will always be Ironfist, Misty and Coleen, so it's not out of the question and is really likely.

I'm tired of the stereotype of the unisex,monk-like,cold,BruceLee wannabee asian guy, really we need to move on with that crap I think Shang-chi has been played to 'Asian stereotype' for long enough.
I want to have some fun with him and the guy has lived life as the generic asian,martial arts guy, no more!

I got the notion of Shang-Chi not being all 'asian martial arts guy' from my bud 'Eddy' he's an Korean American and he's like why is the asian guy always like the 'Fu man chu villian', or the bland kung-fu guy or a ninja, or brainy little weasel, and he has a point he's a regular guy and not some fortune cookie spouting monk.
Why can't he get the girl? or be suave or just a regular goofball guy?

A good writer throws away stereotype and creates something new

A GREAT writer takes the stereotype and bends it till it is unrecognizable, without destroying it.

to just change who he has been would be ridiculous and proably get you lynch mobbed. now I'm not opposed to him being romantically involved, and coming into a more 21st century way of living, but you are going to have to show a slow progression of it. among the things that are troubling him can be sexual feelings toward one of the women (Bonus points if she doesn't even think of him romantically). He's lived his life as some sort of monk, but never really taken vows of any nature. can he live the ways of the honored past while marching into a bold future

Zoken said:
A good writer throws away stereotype and creates something new

A GREAT writer takes the stereotype and bends it till it is unrecognizable, without destroying it.

to just change who he has been would be ridiculous and proably get you lynch mobbed. now I'm not opposed to him being romantically involved, and coming into a more 21st century way of living, but you are going to have to show a slow progression of it. among the things that are troubling him can be sexual feelings toward one of the women (Bonus points if she doesn't even think of him romantically). He's lived his life as some sort of monk, but never really taken vows of any nature. can he live the ways of the honored past while marching into a bold future

Good point and that's the intent to ease Shang-chi into the now, I'm not trying to change the fundamentals of the man, but move away from the dated chaff why must Shang walk around with no shirt or shoes on? it's ******ed! Why can't he wear a nice tailored suit and still be the same guy?

Does he need the bowl cut? why not a new hair cut? Everyone of my asian buddies are like what's up with comics treating them like idiots, just cause your a reknowned master of kung-fu doesn't mean you can't have alife out side the stereotype he can take his butt out on a date or go buy some new threads at the mall, and not moan all day about his freaking evil daddy.

Okay, I have no objections to a new 'do, but I don't see him busting money on salons.

as for outfits. I don't see him in a suit, unless Luke or Danny buy it for him. I see him more in shorts and a T-shirt that don't match and look strangely immature on him, kinda like Shcwarttzenagger in Twins.

and also, Miami? eh.... The X-men already did that town, or X-Factor as they were. How about a town that has never had its own super TEAM before. Las Vegas. Sure they had Mr. Fixit a while back, but c'mon. more to speed the change of Shang Chi living in a place called Sin City, how can he remain the old way. also, the temptation factor on Luke (I know he's not married, but still, he is being kinda monogamous with Jess. and it be good of her to wonder about her body like most women do, especially with the women he hangs out with for work)

I have a question though: did Luke have a boy or a girl?

Zoken said:
Okay, I have no objections to a new 'do, but I don't see him busting money on salons.

as for outfits. I don't see him in a suit, unless Luke or Danny buy it for him. I see him more in shorts and a T-shirt that don't match and look strangely immature on him, kinda like Shcwarttzenagger in Twins.

and also, Miami? eh.... The X-men already did that town, or X-Factor as they were. How about a town that has never had its own super TEAM before. Las Vegas. Sure they had Mr. Fixit a while back, but c'mon. more to speed the change of Shang Chi living in a place called Sin City, how can he remain the old way. also, the temptation factor on Luke (I know he's not married, but still, he is being kinda monogamous with Jess. and it be good of her to wonder about her body like most women do, especially with the women he hangs out with for work)

I have a question though: did Luke have a boy or a girl?

A girl. I chose Miami, cause it's a drug trade gateway and has high crime rate and no few clients for Luke and Danny plus the sun and beach, I see H4H as Domino(the Movie) meets Miami vice meets Dog the Bounty Hunter meets Superheroes. Trust me Shang can just as easliy lose his way in SouthBeach, and the women in Miami!? whoo! hot! latina booty a brother can lose his mind!

I can see Shang in a suit, he was a spy at one point for SHIELD. Plus just cause he ran around in rags doesn't mean the guy can't change his style.

Somethign I would like to see is something I'm reading on Fanfiction.Net right now. Its called Shocker: Legit.

Its about the effects of one of Marvel's Perrenial losers, going straight after all these years. can Herman Shultz, one of the worlds worst villains, turn things around? it also happesn that his best friend and sidekick, the Rhino happens to come in tow. but a strange crime spree is happening using low ranking super-baddies who are acting bizzarely out of character. what is FPS, what's making the nasties become even nastier, and why does it bring Herman Shultze face to face with the Punisher, Black Cat, and the Fantastic Four? you'll have to read to find out.

Zoken said:
Somethign I would like to see is something I'm reading on Fanfiction.Net right now. Its called Shocker: Legit.

Its about the effects of one of Marvel's Perrenial losers, going straight after all these years. can Herman Shultz, one of the worlds worst villains, turn things around? it also happesn that his best friend and sidekick, the Rhino happens to come in tow. but a strange crime spree is happening using low ranking super-baddies who are acting bizzarely out of character. what is FPS, what's making the nasties become even nastier, and why does it bring Herman Shultze face to face with the Punisher, Black Cat, and the Fantastic Four? you'll have to read to find out.

That sounds really cool.:up:

like I said, its on FF.Net. the title is Shocker: Legit, or some form there of. there is a link to it under my profile (Pen name is Zoken of course) under favorite stories.

Wrecking Crew: written by Dan Slott with art by Steve McNiven- because losers who never win would make a funny comic. Maybe they could actually beat someone.
Marvel Knights Heroes for Hire: written by Joss Whedon with art by David Cassaday- Everyone wants a Heroes for Hire. Make it hardcore, but not ridiculous by giving it to Whedon. Cassaday rules.
Black Panther/Moon Knight: written by Brian K. Vaughan with art by Ryan Sook- Two great marvel chracters=one great book. BKV'd find a way to make the team aspect work.
A book with a huge team clash: written by Mark Millar with art by Greg Land- Just a giant team fight book with a good story and amazing giant fight scenes. Power Man & Iron Fist, Cable & Deadpool, Daughters of the Dragon, Cloak & Dagger, and the surprise team of She-Hulk and Sasquatch. This could spill into a spin-off featuring She-Hulk & Sasquatch (written by Dan Slott with Ryan Sook art)

Looks good to me.

Dread said:
I really like this idea; clearly inspired from DAY OF VENGENCE at DC, which outsold a slew of Marvel books (even some X-Books). Plus, Black Knight would be able to "multitask" with his knowledge of technology, too, in case they need it.

Considering Dr. Strange has organized a slew of ad hoc teams in the past, it's weird that few consider him a "leader" when those "who is the best team leader" debates come up; most folks just focus on the usual suspects (Cap, Reed, Storm, etc.).
I think it's because Dr. Strange usually just plucks whomever he deems is most valuable for the cause out of whatever they were doing and forces them to work with him. Part of being a leader is inspiring your troops. Dr. Strange just tells them what needs to get done, explains the stakes, and hopes they'll decide to help him.

Black Knight's scientist background would be a great asset. I've always loved that irony, that he wields so much magic power but he's still able to remain scientifically skeptical about all of it. It's part of what makes him a great character.
Roughneck said:
I want a Slott written Damage Control Dammit.
Ditto. :up:

Roughneck said:
I want a Slott written Damage Control Dammit.

Dang, I was gonna say that!

Stiltman got his wish for a 'Thing' ongoing, by Dan Slott no less, so maybe it could happen. I'd even settle for a mini.

the invaders cap namor and the TORCH[ hes not human he's an android a human shaped ROBOT] in ww2 and ABSOLUTELY NO DECOMPRESSED STORYTELLING WHATSOEVER

I'd like to see an all female title. Called 'MJ Wrestles Spiderwoman In Lingerie In A Paddling Pool Full Of Custard'.

It would probably have to be on MAX or Knights. I think Slott would write it well. I wonder which artist would truly do it justice?

TheCorpulent1 said:
I think it's because Dr. Strange usually just plucks whomever he deems is most valuable for the cause out of whatever they were doing and forces them to work with him. Part of being a leader is inspiring your troops. Dr. Strange just tells them what needs to get done, explains the stakes, and hopes they'll decide to help him.
True, but he's consistantly kept awkward assortments of heroes, especially the Defenders, from killing each other to get the job done. People pat Cap on the back for keeping Hawkeye in line or Cyke for keeping Logan on, but how about Namor and Hulk? Entire TEAMS have failed to reason well with those two at times.

Dr. Strange seems to succeed at gathering and explaining the stakes more often than he fails to a lot of these characters, seen most recently in MTU against Titannus.

I mean, Logan led the X-Men for about 5 seconds back during the Outback days and you occasionally hear people toss his name around during a "leader" debate, I'm just saying that Dr. Strange isn't so shabby as a leader when he has to, especially considering the sorts of "teammates" he tends to have.

Black Knight's scientist background would be a great asset. I've always loved that irony, that he wields so much magic power but he's still able to remain scientifically skeptical about all of it. It's part of what makes him a great character.
Most of my exposure to Dane Whitman was during the 90's H4H series and I'll admit that he came off well, however, having TWO gimmicks sometimes can be a character's downfall when it comes to being used often enough or written well. Most characters tend to have ONE gimmick that is consistantly exploited, exaggerated, hammered home again and again ad nausem, with almost every other fascent to them ignored except as a plot device. Take Spider-Man, who can be a scientist. But that's not the gimmick he is known for; he's known for being an "over his head" hero who jokes a lot. So that is the angle that is shown and exaggerated...consistantly. The "has a genius IQ stuff" only happens on that occasional story where he needs to cure Morbius or something. Wolverine got the "hacks things with his claws and never dies" angle, so things like being an expert, careful fighter who actually had some agility got lost in transition to "hacking and regenerating a lot". I don't even NEED to tell you how this sort of reasoning limited Thor in combat to "swings hammer a lot".

The only way around this is to hopefully get writers who completely understand the character and love them. And even then, people are sometimes guilty of embellishing their favorate bits. People scoff off at "fan-fiction" yet I have seen professional writers commit many of the same ills that some of the "ametuers" do. Quite often the only difference is one got hired and one didn't.

But I got sidetracked. Yes, Dane Whitman's mystical weapons and history as well as his past as a scientist allows him to be able to hit angles with two sorts of reasonings. I wonder if he could somehow combine the two for "technomage" stuff? Not going all THE MATRIX out or anything, but I'm sure better minds than mine could be creative with it.

I want an Alternate reality story where Spidey isn't the only one who went through the clone saga. but also, like his, the clones have differences. kinda make this like a "What If..." and "What If Captain American Went through the clone saga", "What if Hulk went through the Clone Saga" etc.

I definitely want to see a "Thor and/or Journey Into Mystery" title. I was reading Journey Into Mystery #83 and noticed that Donald Blake didn't want to appear as Thor in front of the military because he feared the questions which would arise and the possibility of being taken in for scientific study. I'd want to see how that would have transpired.
"Werewolf by Night" needs to make a return, but I want to be the one writing it.
A "Nick Fury" title would be fine too aswell as a "Dr. Strange" title with a more realistic approach to magick.

Dread said:
True, but he's consistantly kept awkward assortments of heroes, especially the Defenders, from killing each other to get the job done. People pat Cap on the back for keeping Hawkeye in line or Cyke for keeping Logan on, but how about Namor and Hulk? Entire TEAMS have failed to reason well with those two at times.

Dr. Strange seems to succeed at gathering and explaining the stakes more often than he fails to a lot of these characters, seen most recently in MTU against Titannus.

I mean, Logan led the X-Men for about 5 seconds back during the Outback days and you occasionally hear people toss his name around during a "leader" debate, I'm just saying that Dr. Strange isn't so shabby as a leader when he has to, especially considering the sorts of "teammates" he tends to have.

Most of my exposure to Dane Whitman was during the 90's H4H series and I'll admit that he came off well, however, having TWO gimmicks sometimes can be a character's downfall when it comes to being used often enough or written well. Most characters tend to have ONE gimmick that is consistantly exploited, exaggerated, hammered home again and again ad nausem, with almost every other fascent to them ignored except as a plot device. Take Spider-Man, who can be a scientist. But that's not the gimmick he is known for; he's known for being an "over his head" hero who jokes a lot. So that is the angle that is shown and exaggerated...consistantly. The "has a genius IQ stuff" only happens on that occasional story where he needs to cure Morbius or something. Wolverine got the "hacks things with his claws and never dies" angle, so things like being an expert, careful fighter who actually had some agility got lost in transition to "hacking and regenerating a lot". I don't even NEED to tell you how this sort of reasoning limited Thor in combat to "swings hammer a lot".

The only way around this is to hopefully get writers who completely understand the character and love them. And even then, people are sometimes guilty of embellishing their favorate bits. People scoff off at "fan-fiction" yet I have seen professional writers commit many of the same ills that some of the "ametuers" do. Quite often the only difference is one got hired and one didn't.

But I got sidetracked. Yes, Dane Whitman's mystical weapons and history as well as his past as a scientist allows him to be able to hit angles with two sorts of reasonings. I wonder if he could somehow combine the two for "technomage" stuff? Not going all THE MATRIX out or anything, but I'm sure better minds than mine could be creative with it.

Your dead on. :up:

Zoken said:
I want an Alternate reality story where Spidey isn't the only one who went through the clone saga. but also, like his, the clones have differences. kinda make this like a "What If..." and "What If Captain American Went through the clone saga", "What if Hulk went through the Clone Saga" etc.
this would be very interesting

The Mad Bomber said:
I'd like to see an all female title. Called 'MJ Wrestles Spiderwoman In Lingerie In A Paddling Pool Full Of Custard'.

It would probably have to be on MAX or Knights. I think Slott would write it well. I wonder which artist would truly do it justice?
i'd buy a copy of THAT

I know, I think their need to be more prominent female titles in the MU.

They could have spin off one shots like 'Storm vs Jean Grey in a Tornado vs Telekinesis Last One Clothed Spanking Match'

The Mad Bomber said:
I know, I think their need to be more prominent female titles in the MU.

They could have spin off one shots like 'Storm vs Jean Grey in a Tornado vs Telekinesis Last One Clothed Spanking Match'

haha cause im sure it would be a great story too haha

female titles? eh come up with a cool female and sure...like you dont have a developed enough female character to get away with that cause rogue had potential but that was terrible and this coming up storm might be good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"