TMOS Review & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan Singer convinced Warner Bros. not to experiment with test screenings. In addition, Singer took out 15 minutes of footage after showing Superman Returns to some of his "trusted associates".

I got that from Wikipedia....I did not know whether to trust it or not.

Test screenings are different from critics screenings. Test screenings are early unfinished versions of the movie shown to an audience to gauge their reaction to what they liked and disliked about the movie so the film makers can make further edits and shape the movie accordingly. A lot of film makers dont like them for obvious reasons. And Singer was able to bypass this.

Critics screenings is an advanced screening of the final finished film for critics a week or so before the official release so they can have their reviews available upon the films release.

Test screenings are different from critics screenings. Test screenings are early unfinished versions of the movie shown to an audience to gauge their reaction to what they liked and disliked about the movie so the film makers can make further edits and shape the movie accordingly. A lot of film makers dont like them for obvious reasons. And Singer was able to bypass this.

Critics screenings is an advanced screening of the final finished film for critics a week or so before the official release so they can have their reviews available upon the films release.

But a few days before GL was released there were a lot of negative reviews from critics.

Either way I don't see how MOS can be worse than either of those movies.

But a few days before GL was released there were a lot of negative reviews from critics.

Either way I don't see how MOS can be worse than either of those movies.

one way or another, reviews from advanced screenings tend to slowly leak a few days prior to the films release. it will happen with MOS. but the vast majority of critics respect the embargo and will release their reviews the day of the film's release.

Bryan Singer convinced Warner Bros. not to experiment with test screenings. In addition, Singer took out 15 minutes of footage after showing Superman Returns to some of his "trusted associates".

I got that from Wikipedia....I did not know whether to trust it or not.

Test screenings are different than press screenings.

Test screenings are early cuts of the film, usually with incomplete effects and a temp music track. They do it to see if the film is working or not and sometimes make changes. For example, the end of Independence Day was changed after a test screening (Randy Quaids character originally just suddenly showed up in his crop duster with a bomb attached to the bottom rather than being part of the squad).

A press screening is the final cut of the film, as it will be in theaters, so critics and media people can write their reviews or prepare for the press.

No. Studios want to control the buzz, they're not quite ready to unleash it yet.

One of the reasons for an embargo is so that weekly/monthly magazines aren't trumped by somebody releasing a review early.

So we have still only gotten like two reactions from the early screenings? Dang I want these to start rolling in

I'm glad it was just a bad dream, but I still carry scars.....

136993172512819.gif

:csad:

Almost tossed my phone across the room lol

I have a lot of faith in MOS. I'm pretty much staying away from the boards and any online discussions for the most part, but I'm extremely excited for this film.

This will be a good film. How good remains to be seen.

If this movie is so good, why hasn't WB allowed people to tweet their reactions yet?

Because it isn't any good. We've all been tricked and the world ended in 2012 just as the Mayans foresaw.

Do you expect the movie to be crap?

No, but from what we've heard, those who have seen it seem to like it, so why all the secrecy? I figured we'd be swimming in tweets by now. I don't understand hiding a movie that's supposedly getting so much positivity.

The dam is ready to burst but WB hasn't ignited the dynamite yet.

It's incredible how some patters are present everywhere.

pPeople don't see impressions and they start wondering if it is because the product is bad.

No, but from what we've heard, those who have seen it seem to like it, so why all the secrecy? I figured we'd be swimming in tweets by now. I don't understand hiding a movie that's supposedly getting so much positivity.

TDKR was released on the twentieth of July. The tweets weren't released until July 9, 11 days earlier. So I expect to see tweets in 3 or four days.

But I don't care about them. If the movie's good, they'll be crazy positive raving. If it's not so good, "crazy positive raving." The exception is ASM, and they might of added on to it to improve it, but it's a strictly "meh" movie.

More than anything, MoS is the Holy Grail for WB if Justice League movie will be even considered or not. It is more important than Batman or any other movie because like it or not, Superman is the King of DC comics and this has to be successful. They are being obviously very careful after 1 modest origin story, then subsequent bad movies after another and the Returns disaster in the face of expectations for them. Reviewers wont tell WB what they rated it, they can only guess but they dont want to release the embargo and bad reviews start flooding in, they are not going to take that chance.

At best this movie will be amazing/awesometacular, at worst it will mediocre. :)

What is worse for the future of DC, punned by credits or fanboys?

If MOS is a failure the people behind the trailers should be given an award for masterful manipulation.

At best this movie will be amazing/awesometacular, at worst it will mediocre. :)

I think there's too much energy and passion for MOS to be "mediocre."
And because I don't think Nolan would pitch something that is "bad" I think the options are pretty much good vs great.

A good Superman movie would have strong character development, a decent plot, and good action. A good villain is optional, but not required. And not be painfully slow ;)

A great Superman movie would have strong character development, an interesting plot, great action, a strong female lead, powerful villains, a well-done romance that leaves material for more development over sequels,an all-around strong list of ensemble characters, strong dramatic scenes, and good pacing. And scale, but Snyder has no problem making something "big."

I think we KNOW were's gonna get 1.2. 3. 4. 5, and I'm fairly certain will get 6 as well. The ONLY loose end at this point that I'm not certain about is the pacing. The perfect pacing would involve getting enough scenes in so that the audience cares about everyone in the story, and not dragging out "trite" scenes or cutting out powerful ones. Which I guess goes down to the editing, not the directing.

Oh boy! :woot:

It feels like last July all over again. WB didn't allow TDKR reactions or reviews till the Wednesday of release. Everyone said "It sucks, will probably be 20% on RT". Then the reviews and reactions came in and were very positive.

It feels like last July all over again. WB didn't allow TDKR reactions or reviews till the Wednesday of release. Everyone said "It sucks, will probably be 20% on RT". Then the reviews and reactions came in and were very positive.

:lmao: I don't think Nolan knows how to make a genuinely bad film. He's too good of a writer. As for Snyder, he's an artist, and I think he'll do Superman more justice than even Nolan would have in the director's seat.

well, I can understand the why they arent letting them tweet, but I still don't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"