Iron Man produced by Marvel studios
Distributed by Paramount Pictures

The Incredible Hulk produced by Marvel studios
Distributed by Universal

Thor produced by Marvel studios
Distributed by Paramount pictures

Captain America the first avenger produced by Marvel studios
Distributed By Paramount pictures

The same thing is happening to Spider-Man than what happened to all these other movies don't get worried about Sony having full control

Distributed by Universal

The same thing is happening to Spider-Man than what happened to all these other movies don't get worried about Sony having full control
Halo_Reach_Killjoy_Render.png

but Spider-man (2017) IS produced by Sony, not Marvel... it just happens to be in the MCU and beeing produced by Kevin Feige

Distributed by Universal

Wrong.

To the OP: Following up on why you are wrong, it is Sony, not Marvel, who controls and owns the licensing rights to Spider-Man; such was the case before this deal was made, and such remains the case now.

Secondly, Sony is financing, producing, and distributing the 2017 film, not Marvel.

Third, Kevin Feige is only involved in producing the 2017 film as quid pro quo for Sony agreeing to allow Marvel Studios to 'lease' Spider-Man (and include him in Civil War and potentially other films) under the tenets of this deal.

Fourth, Marvel Studios does not receive any profit from the 2017 film, nor will Kevin Feige receive any monetary compensation for his involvement in producing it*.

* Reportedly (although there are some who don't believe this)

Why is Spidey-Lad93 allowed to make threads?

if you listen to the way Kevin Feige talks he makes it sound like Marvel is turning most of the wheels.

^ I've already addressed this several times: Sony has no involvement in Civil War outside of delivering final approval on the casting of Spider-Man and his 'look', and therefore individuals affiliated with the studio have no reason to comment on the film beyond participating in the announcement of the new Spidey actor once he's been chosen.

Once production on the 2017 film gets underway, Pascal, Rothman, etc. will be doing as much talking about the movie as Feige will.

^ I've already addressed this several times: Sony has no involvement in Civil War outside of delivering final approval on the casting of Spider-Man and his 'look', and therefore individuals affiliated with the studio have no reason to comment on the film beyond participating in the announcement of the new Spidey actor once he's been chosen.

Once production on the 2017 film gets underway, Pascal, Rothman, etc. will be doing as much talking about the movie as Feige will.

Totally This. As much as we'd all like for Sony to not be involved with the character, they still are.

I think what's more important is that Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach have very little influence on this one, and that Feige is very much involved.

SONY made two great films in SM1 and SM2. SONY being involved here is hopefully not something that will ruin this reboot.

Um did another thread have to be made on deal details. When there ls a thread with 12 pages already mad on the matter and has been actively posted in the last few days.

Um did another thread have to be made on deal details. When there ls a thread with 12 pages already mad on the matter and has been actively posted in the last few days.

I didn't know there was another thread on this

Furthermore, Disney bought all the distribution rights to those films from Paramount. Universal still has Hulk's distribution rights. But Marvel owns all production rights for a Hulk solo if they chose to make it.

I PM'd immortalfire requesting him to merge this thread into mine.

if you listen to the way Kevin Feige talks he makes it sound like Marvel is turning most of the wheels.

I think there's a distinction to keep in mind between what the deal is on paper and what it might be in practice. In practice, even Sony will have some control over Civil War because they'll hold a Spider-Man veto at a stage when it might be too late to change things (so they'll have to agree to Sony's demands). On the other hand, Marvel has a lot of practical sway over Sony's movie. They are responsible for idea creation and putting those ideas into motion. Sony can veto ideas, sure, but they also need to keep Feige on board. Sony specifically wanted this idea. If Feige walks away, they're left with no gain from this deal, while Marvel got Spider-Man in Civil War, which they wanted.

It's a partnership. I think anyone who thinks this is just Marvel's project is wrong and anyone who thinks Marvel is subordinate to Sony here is wrong.

I also think anyone who thinks that Marvel is tossing Sony a life raft when they should have waited it out and gotten the rights back greatly underestimate Sony's ability to keep Spider-Man, as the new animated movie proves.

Ya lad always good to check the first few pages on the main forum section. So yoy don't make the mistake. Maybe we can have these post merged over to there. Or close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"