Hulk June 27th 2008!!!

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
The Incredible Hulk to Smash into Theaters June 27, 2008
Monday November 6, 6:54 am ET
Legendary Marvel Super Hero to Return to the Big Screen in All-New, Action-Packed Adaptation Hitting Summer 2008

HOLLYWOOD--(BUSINESS WIRE)--You WILL like him when he's angry! Marvel Studios and Universal Pictures will unleash Marvel's renowned, larger-than-life green Super Hero onto moviegoers everywhere in summer 2008 as they have announced a June 27th release date for the action-packed, new big screen adaptation: The Incredible Hulk. The announcement was made today by Michael Helfant, President and COO, Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige, President of Production for Marvel Studios.
ADVERTISEMENT

Directed by top rising star Louis Leterrier (Transporter 2, Unleashed), The Incredible Hulk will return to the roots of the long-running comic series, combining a well-developed storyline with incredible action and fun. Zak Penn, who previously collaborated with Marvel on X2 and this summer's smash hit X-Men: The Last Stand, is writing the script. The project is being produced by Avi Arad, Kevin Feige and Gale Anne Hurd and will be executive produced by Michael Helfant, David Womark, and Ari Arad. Marvel Studios is currently casting the project.

The Incredible Hulk is being independently produced by Marvel Studios through its $525 million, non-recourse film finance facility and will be distributed domestically and in several international territories by Universal Pictures.

Feige commented, "The Incredible Hulk will be the type of fun, high-octane event film people have come to expect from Marvel. We could not be more excited about this project and our summer 2008 prospects now that we have both our green goliath and our highly-anticipated Iron Man set for release."

Helfant added, "We're very happy that Universal is distributing The Incredible Hulk. We have a history together and this is a great opportunity for both Marvel and Universal to take the Hulk film franchise to another level."

There you go.

That´s good to know.

Any idea of what movies TIH will be going up against?

I hope they announce who the actors are soon.

Great date...you know why? Cause it'll have a great take and the next weekend is a Holiday. It won't matter if a big release comes out on July 4th because with a 4 day summer weekend there's room for 2 big films which has been shown time and time again. Some movie will try to go up against it by claiming the same date...and then move away like James Bond did for Iron Man. This isn't gonna be the same Hulk film and it should be real clear with the first trailers.

Good news,it seems like a decent production length...i wonder how close it will be to TDK's release

Great news!!:woot: I'm hoping The Dark Knight gets released mid to late July so it won't be in direct competition with the Hulk.

This comes to show how Marvel still is kinda rushing things up... The Dark Knight will open around the same time and they have been already working on the script for over a year and start shooting early next year.

Cool. :hulk:
While it is shorter than some movies, this is still a pretty good production time. Atleast the director is there having his own vision influencing the whole film. Unlike say X-men 3, where he arrived 10 months from the release date.

ultimatefan said:
This comes to show how Marvel still is kinda rushing things up... The Dark Knight will open around the same time and they have been already working on the script for over a year and start shooting early next year.

Zak's script has been in the works for longer than a year. He had a rough treatment from 1996 so if anythings rushed it's Batman.

It doesn't, and shouldn't, take so long to make a good film anyway. 2008 is very reasonable.

I think they have plenty of time to make a movie here. This is not like X3 or FF with the rushed schedule.

Hulk 2 will be released on my 31st birthday which is June 27th 2008. It would be a real treat to get to see Hulk 2 on my birthday.

mmm, sounds like another rush job - more time will probably be spent on the videogame and Mountain Dew soda can.

Yeah a rush job. The first film came out in 2003, the script is being retooled from a rough draft from 1996, the villain was chosen long ago, and the film is being released in 2008. What a rush job. I think I remember these boards being filled with nothing but whining and complaining about how come the Hulk film is taking so long. LOL Would it make you feel better if they took 4 years to film it.

IronMan_2005 said:
Great news!!:woot: I'm hoping The Dark Knight gets released mid to late July so it won't be in direct competition with the Hulk.

What about the Wolverine solo movie? I have a feeling that some Marvel character is going to butt heads with the Dark Knight. I hope that the silly fanboy battle can be kept to a minimum. The WB should stake out late May for Dark Knight and Fox should land a late July or August release for Wolvie, if they're smart.

They're looking at Wolverine being a late Spring 2008 film, but Hugh Jackman (also a producer on the project) said it'd be great to get a Summer Release, but I don't know.... This is gonna be one crowded Summer though :eek: Nice to see Marvel getting on track with both HULK and IRON MAN! Sounds exciting for the studio! :up:

Wow better spot then the first movie IMO..Mid June is hard to deal with but late June you get the July 4rth push it is a very nice date to aim for

Advanced Dark said:
Zak's script has been in the works for longer than a year. He had a rough treatment from 1996 so if anythings rushed it's Batman.

Were'd you get that from? He never started working on this script until after he finished working on X3 which was about a month before X3 was released. He was only announced as the writer about 6 weeks before X3's release as well so he hasnt been working on it for a year since he was busy with X3 up until April. And Peter Jackson wrote a previous treatment of KK a few years earlier but he totally changed it. Whats to say Zak isnt doing the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"