• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Transformers To those worried about stunt casting in the new movie

lars573

Sidekick
Reaction score
Nope it's Orson Wells. Christopher Lee is nowhere near the '86 movie.

When it comes to voice acting for movies like this you want unique voices that people will remember, Orson Wells and Leonard Nimoy voices are the best I have ever heard. Christopher Lee would make a fine addition to this "if" he was there.

Avangarde X said:
When it comes to voice acting for movies like this you want unique voices that people will remember, Orson Wells and Leonard Nimoy voices are the best I have ever heard.

OW and LN were damn good for those two new characters.

Christopher Lee would make a fine addition to this "if" he was there.

But I don't think that they should use Christopher Lee for a certain leader of the Decepticons, as others have suggested. I see no purpose of replacing the man who was the voice of Megatron and who made him so Iconic in the first place. If he fits the role and Bay is willing to have him, then let him have it.

nosebleed said:
OBut I don't think that they should use Christopher Lee for a certain leader of the Decepticons, as others have suggested. I see no purpose of replacing the man who was the voice of Megatron and who made him so Iconic in the first place. If he fits the role and Bay is willing to have him, then let him have it.

Especially since I think he's got like one line in the movie, if that.

And you know what?!... that's fine with me... as long as that line is:
"Priiiimmmme" in Welker's voice.

CFlash said:
Especially since I think he's got like one line in the movie, if that.

Oh maaan...don't tell me that!

Yeah I never said I wanted Lee as Mega voice I want Welker if anyone, but what I meant was Lee has a voice worthy of some kinda badass robot

Avangarde X said:
Yeah I never said I wanted Lee as Mega voice I want Welker if anyone, but what I meant was Lee has a voice worthy of some kinda badass robot

Lee would've been a great Omega Supreme. Or maybe Shockwave, a good departure from the Corey Burton voiced original.

Headless Knight said:
Judd Nelson as Hot Rod is probably the worst voice work of all time.

No...I think Judd Nelson as Rodimus Prime tops that.

^John Reese-Davis. The Professor from Sliders.

Now Christopher Lee might work as Megatron, if they don't get Welker. If not then he would be good for a decepticon. Or Ironhide.

Now for Starscream I think that Doug Parker would be good. He was Terrorsaur in Beast Wars. And did an damn good impersination of Starscream in his ep. on Beast Wars. You can't get the original voice though, he's dead.

xwolverine2 said:
christopher lee

Where did you get the idea that Christopher Lee did the voice of Unicron? Have you ever seen the movie and read the credits?

Casting well known celebs as Transformers doesn't bother me if their voices fit the character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"