Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I think that Tom Hiddleston secretly wishes he was Mario.

Yes. I think there's an element of insecurity to Loki's motivation. So when he asks a direct question, did you, Thor, mourn me, and gets an answer that talks more about what people other than Thor did, he's liable to take that as a dodge.

You're over-analyzing the hell out of that scene and re-creating a new one in your mind.

The mention of "we all did" is actually antagonistic to Loki, not a dodge ..... because of the fact that he lived a long time without knowing his true parentage. He clearly still maintains angst towards his adoptive father Odin. A normal person might become taken aback by hearing how many people miss him and that's why Thor said it.

Last edited:
The mention of "we all did" is actually antagonistic to Loki, not a dodge ..... because of the fact that he lived a long time without knowing his true parentage. He clearly still maintains angst towards his adoptive father Odin. A normal person might become taken aback by hearing how many people miss him and that's why Thor said it.

So in your view Loki is angered by Thor's response because he still hasn't come to terms with Odin not telling him of his birth parents, and because he feels anguished toward Odin? In other words, Loki's reaction to the remark is about Loki's relationship with Odin, not about his relationship with Thor. Do I understand correctly where you are coming from? Thx.

I don't think Loki's angst is derived from Odin's withholding of the truth from him but from the prejudices of all of Asgard itself. Imagine having people reacting hostilely towards you all your life because you were different thinking you are Asgardian and then millenia later finding out that you're not even one of them but the bastard son of a monster. I'm sure that would put a lot of hatred in your heart for people. Loki is in an unenviable place because the Frost Giants wouldn't accept him as their king because he's a weak runt and the Asgardians don't accept him for not being like an Asgardian. If they find out he's a Prince of Jotunheim that will make things even worse for him. Basically Loki's life really sucks because it seems destiny has dictated that he will never be able to find unconditional acceptance from the masses for just being who he is.

Last edited:
I don't think Loki's angst is derived from Odin's withholding of the truth from him but from the prejudices of all of Asgard itself. Imagine having people reacting hostilely towards you all your life because you were different thinking you are Asgardian and then millenia later finding out that you're not even one of them but the bastard son of a monster. I'm sure that would put a lot of hatred in your heart for people. Loki is in an unenviable place because the Frost Giants wouldn't accept him as their king because he's a weak runt and the Asgardians don't accept him for not being like an Asgardian. If they find out he's a Prince of Jotunheim that will make things even worse for him. Basically Loki's life really sucks because it seems destiny has dictated that he will never be able to find unconditional acceptance from the masses for just being who he is.

I can see that.

Thanks for the perspective.

bingo

*sigh* I've been thinking about this for a few days now and maybe it might just be me, but I've been thinking that Tom Hiddleston has been getting pretty skinny lately...a little too skinny for me. It has me a bit concerned.

*sigh* I've been thinking about this for a few days now and maybe it might just be me, but I've been thinking that Tom Hiddleston has been getting pretty skinny lately...a little too skinny for me. It has me a bit concerned.
I haven't noticed a huge change. I don't know. Maybe just stress... seems like he's been working pretty nonstop, he'd been doing that vampire movie (that was traveling to a variety of locations) and now he's back on the Thor 2 set. Maybe after filming Thor 2 he'll be able to take a bit of a break before his next project and/or Thor 2 promotion.

It looks like we'll be getting some photos of him on set for Thor 2 sometime this week:
Thor 2 TheDarkWorld @Thor2themovie
Stayed tuned this week everyone for pictures of @twhiddleston on set of Thor 2 back to play #Loki
So maybe we'll see.....assuming the Hiddlestoners don't break the internet when the photos come out :dry:

:oldrazz:

So I'm assuming Loki will be locked up for a portion of the movie, until Thor and Co. for whatever reason are faced with needing his assistance with something.

Man I can't wait to see the interactions between Hiddleston and Hopkins.

It's going to be interesting how the Loki/Thor/Odin dynamic turns out after the events of TA. He's not going to just be able to show up like nothing happened. I could see Odin possibly punishing him and that causing something else to break inside Loki to make him come up with another scheme.

If he's imprisoned the entire film that doesn't leave much room for interaction, and there's nothing more fun than seeing characters interacting with Loki... well, except maybe characters interacting with Tony Stark.

In 2014 it'll be Rocket Raccoon.

But yeah, I don't care if Tom's getting skinnier(as long as it isn't a serious health issue). I like Loki skinny.

Personally I'm hoping for some serious "venom-in-the-eyeballs" treatment in this film, or at the very least have him spend a portion of the film in the isle of silence.

So I'm assuming Loki will be locked up for a portion of the movie, until Thor and Co. for whatever reason are faced with needing his assistance with something.

Man I can't wait to see the interactions between Hiddleston and Hopkins.

I'm more interesting in seeing more Thor and Odin interactings, because they really didn't have many scenes together in THOR.

I'm more interesting in seeing more Thor and Odin interactings, because they really didn't have many scenes together in THOR.

Agreed. TBH, I'm really curious as to whether or not Thor might become king in this one.

As we know, he was THIS close to it in Thor. He has matured much more since then.

But yeah, I don't care if Tom's getting skinnier(as long as it isn't a serious health issue). I like Loki skinny.
And who knows, maybe they want Loki a bit skinnier in this movie, to show how everything he's done/been through has affected him? (just a thought). I agree though, as long as it's not a serious health issue, I wouldn't mind seeing Loki look a little gaunt.

In 2014 it'll be Rocket Raccoon.

I think thus us what worries me, that with all the chaotic nonstop travel and whatnot it's taking its toll on his body. Again though it could just be me.

Agreed. TBH, I'm really curious as to whether or not Thor might become king in this one.

As we know, he was THIS close to it in Thor. He has matured much more since then.

As long as Odin is alive. He won't be. I don't see any reason for him to die in this movie. Surtur will kill him I bet

When someone asked Tom himself, he explained that the weight loss was for his vampire role but then the filming was so close together that there wasn't a lot of time to bulk up again for Thor 2. Still, it could either work with the plotline...Loki looked pretty haggard in Avengers...or they could hide it with his costume.

When someone asked Tom himself, he explained that the weight loss was for his vampire role but then the filming was so close together that there wasn't a lot of time to bulk up again for Thor 2. Still, it could either work with the plotline...Loki looked pretty haggard in Avengers...or they could hide it with his costume.
Wondered if that might be the case

Uh... anyone else follow @Thor2themovie on Twitter? I know it's not legit, but they totally just teased the hell out of the Hiddleston fandom. Kinda dick.

I love getting leaked set pieces, dangit. :p

Uh... anyone else follow @Thor2themovie on Twitter? I know it's not legit, but they totally just teased the hell out of the Hiddleston fandom. Kinda dick.

I love getting leaked set pieces, dangit. :p
I was up until about 20 minutes ago. Granted Tom will joke around with fans, but I don't see him doing something like that so the fact that twitter account is trying to pin it on him makes it even more annoying. So...yeah, I've unfollowed the account, following @Thor2Fans instead, fully acknowledges it's run by fans but they do what they can to cite sources (which Thor2themovie didn't really do and even 'mistakenly' posted a photo of Eccleston saying it was him as Malekith when really it was from a previous film of his called The Seeker, they pulled it down when they were called out on it)

I was up until about 20 minutes ago. Granted Tom will joke around with fans, but I don't see him doing something like that so the fact that twitter account is trying to pin it on him makes it even more annoying. So...yeah, I've unfollowed the account, following @Thor2Fans instead, fully acknowledges it's run by fans but they do what they can to cite sources (which Thor2themovie didn't really do and even 'mistakenly' posted a photo of Eccleston saying it was him as Malekith when really it was from a previous film of his called The Seeker, they pulled it down when they were called out on it)

@Thor2Fans, huh? Cool, thanks for the tip!

Oh these actors who do this sort of thing scare me a lot!! Colin Farrell...Christian Bale...I mean it concerns me for their craft they put their bodies under so much stress. I just don't want to see any talented actors accidentally kill themselves. I was devastated about Heath Ledger's death since he poured so much of himself into his Joker performance for the fans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back