Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Thor2Fans, huh? Cool, thanks for the tip!
You're welcome. In lieu of an official Thor2 twitter account, a fan one that tries it's best to do right by the fans is probably the next best thing. In addition to confirmed accounts like the actors, Marvel Entertainment's official account, or someone like Agent_M

As for an update on the @Thor2theMovie account. Looks like the account has been deleted. One of my friends had posted to Agent_M on tumblr and got this response:

http://agentmlovestacos.com/post/31530186423/im-a-bit-concerned-about-someone-taking-advantage-of

I'm a bit concerned about someone taking advantage of Thor 2 fans. Been watching a while but antics today now involve Tom Hiddleston getting loads of negative feedback on tumblr and floods of tweets. Is this account official? Many fans are getting this impression despite a number of us being cautious: @Thor2themovie
~english-rosebud

No. It’s not official.

Thor/Loki/Hiddles fans: Don’t get upset with Tom and don’t believe rumors from that FAKE account. More info soon, I promise.

And Tom also tweeted an response/apology (even though he has nothing to apologize for):
Tom Hiddleston ‏@twhiddleston

My apologies to disappointed Loki fans today. False expectations were created & not met. I should make clear it had nothing to do with me.

The incident just serves as a reminder to only trust verified/official sources.

My personal opinion here, I don't think Tom should have to apologize for the shallow nastiness of a disrespectful Twitter page.

Yeah I saw Tom tweet that and had no idea what it was about. Now I do. It's a shame so many so called 'fans' do this.

On account of Loki, he will definately have some sort of presence in the movie, I doubt he'll be imprisoned for ALL the movie though. I'm banking on him being released or escaping by the end of the movie, I'm banking even more on that being the start of the third act and him ultimately having something to do with the finale. (As in pulling the strings rather then actually being the forefront of it all) Also one thing that occured to me, what would you guys think if there was a Loki vs Other fight?

Yeah I saw Tom tweet that and had no idea what it was about. Now I do. It's a shame so many so called 'fans' do this.

On account of Loki, he will definately have some sort of presence in the movie, I doubt he'll be imprisoned for ALL the movie though. I'm banking on him being released or escaping by the end of the movie, I'm banking even more on that being the start of the third act and him ultimately having something to do with the finale. (As in pulling the strings rather then actually being the forefront of it all) Also one thing that occured to me, what would you guys think if there was a Loki vs Other fight?

A Loki vs Other fight in TDW? Nah, no thanks.

I'd prefer that we see Loki in a weakened state after his Avengers shenanigans. Though if we saw the Other in some small capacity I wouldn't be opposed.

I'm thinking that it would only be fitting to have Loki defeat the "Other" in a fight, perhaps as a test to see if loki is fit to replace him as Thanos' second in command perhaps?

I'd prefer that we see Loki in a weakened state after his Avengers shenanigans. Though if we saw the Other in some small capacity I wouldn't be opposed.

Takes a long time to recovery from the Hulk tossing you around like a rag doll lol

Image from Tom from the Avengers set last year:

Does anyone remember Tom telling the story of how one day he swiped Cap's shield and Thor's hammer and went parading around the underground set with it? well, we have evidence of it now :lmao:

Tom Hiddleston @twhiddleston
"I am Loki, of Asgard, and I am burdened with a glorious Props Department". #Avengers #BehindTheScenes #stupidity http://say.ly/OAl4bDY

223736_la.jpg

I'm sure an Avengers movie with Loki as the hero having to use those props would be a rather interesting movie.

Hi All. First post long time lurker (at least since the Thor movie came out). Have not read any comic books but I am familiar with the names at least of the super heroes because my brother has those Marvel cards back when we were kids and each card has the characater's bio at the back.

Obviously, based on my user name, I like Loki (not his deeds though, coz they're bad). I am already familiar with him because of Norse mythology. I am a fan of all things mythological - Norse, Greek, Roman.

In the movie verse, I like that he is not just your typical mustache twirling villain. I understand his motivations but I don't agree with his actions. Like everyone, he wants to be loved and respected but he is just going about it the wrong way and so blinded by his anger, jelousy and self pity that he can't see past them. Tom Hiddleston in his interviews perfectly describes Loki and he sees Loki the way I see the character too.

Because of my interest in Loki, I've been doing a lot of reading about him. I found that even in the original mythology, Loki is neither good or evil. Actually, according to historians, there is no such duality in the Norse pagan religion. I liked that about Loki. There's one story where he was travelling with Thor just hanging out and having an adventure. Of course, there's the famous story about Sleipnir. In that story, Loki was actually being nice and it was the gods who were being cheap. They didn't want to pay the builder for the wall being constrcuted with the help of the horse Svaðilfari. The gods told Loki to do something to delay the construction or else he will be punished. And we know what he did.

Another story of mythological Loki that I enjoy is the Lokasenna, He basically crashes a party of the gods and insults everyone. Here's a link to the poem: http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/poe/poe10.htm

Here's a very modern translation of the text. I must say, the translation is pretty accurate. Verily. :woot: (source: http://abessinier.tumblr.com/post/25317305197/some-sorta-translation-of-lokasenna-or-in-which-loki)

• Ægir: U guyz, we're havin' a party!!
  • Gods: **** yeah! And also: great servers u got there!
  • Loki: *kills a servant* lol
  • Gods: >:O GTFO!!
  • Loki: kk bye *gets the **** out*
  • in da woods
  • Loki: Sup Eldir! The hell are those gods talkin' 'bout?
  • Eldir: Dunno man, war and stuff. And that you sorta suck.
  • Loki: Woah man, I better be crashin' that party!
  • Eldir: Dude, no!
  • in da hallz
  • Loki: *enters halls*
  • Gods:
  • Loki:
  • Gods:
  • Loki: Gimme a seat and a drink.
  • Bragi: Dafuq we aint invitin' no *****z like u.
  • Loki: Odin pls. Odin u promised we only get wasted together!!
  • Odin: Geez... Víðarr, gtfo, Loki needs ur seat.
  • Víðarr: ok.jpg *pours drink for Loki*
  • Loki: I drink to everyone at the party, except for Bragi cause he's an ass.
  • Bragi: I'd give my horse and my sword for this party not being ****** so..
  • Loki: Yeah, cause ur a ****** warrior.
  • Bragi: I'd cut off your head if this wasn't a party.
  • Loki: Like hell u bench ornament!! Also you're a coward.
  • Iðunn: Bragi u better dont piss him off.
  • Loki: **** ho. Stop hugging the guy who pwnd your bro!
  • Iðunn: Just don't want no beef.
  • Gefjun: Can't we all be friends?? Loki, ur just jokin' and everyone lubbs u .__.
  • Loki: You're a ho too.
  • Odin: Dude, you're ****ing nuts. This is Gerfjun we're talkin' 'bout.
  • Loki: You suck at giving out medals.
  • Odin: Yeah but you were a female basement-dweller and got knocked up all the time you perv!
  • Loki: Who played witch and human again? You're the perv!
  • Frigga: omg tmi u guyz
  • Loki: U had Odin's bros right? RIGHT??
  • Frigga: If Balder was here, u'd be so ****'d.
  • Loki: But I killed him lol.
  • Freyja: Ur completely nuts, this is Frigga ur pissin off!
  • Loki: EVERYONE IN THIS ROOM HAS ****ED U FREYJA EVERYONE
  • Freyja: Ur lying u just flame everyone and u'll get ur ass kicked fo' sure.
  • Loki: U remember when u were riding ur brother and everyone walked in on u and u farted??
  • Njörðr (Freya's dad btw): Loki, 's cool for a chick to have a lover. Also u gave birth and all ewwwww
  • Loki: The daughters of Hymir used u as a pisspot lmao.
  • Njörðr: Oh shut it i dig golden showers and also I'm Freyrs dad too and everyone thinks Freyr's the man!
  • Loki: YEAH AND HIS MOTHER IS YOUR SIS LOL
  • Tyr: But Freyr is THA MAN!
  • Loki: Oh shut it u cant deal straight with ppl also my son bit off your hand.
  • Tyr: I lost a hand u lost a kid. Sucks for both of us.
  • Loki: Shut up, I ****'d yo wife.
  • Freyr: We'll ****ing bind u if u don't shut your ****emouth.
  • Loki: U bought ur wife and got no sword. Whatcha gonna do at Ragnaröck?
  • Byggvir: If I was as cool as Freyr, I'd pwn u so bad.
  • Loki: Ur Freyrs lapdog.
  • Byggvir: But its cool to be here and also I'm kinda fast??
  • Loki: Ur too stupid to apportion food and all hiding in war.
  • Heimdallr: Loki's all drunk n lame.
  • Loki: U fail at life.
  • Skaði: U'll be bound with ur sons guts.
  • Loki: **** u I killed ur dad lol
  • Skaði: I'll so **** ur **** up.
  • Loki: U were nicer when we ****ed.
  • Sif: *pours mead for Loki* Have this drink. U cant be hatin on me cause im all ****in flawless k
  • Loki: You'd be. If I hadn't ****ed u.
  • Beyla: When Thor gets here, this ****s gonna stop.
  • Loki: Ugh, ur like the worst chick ever...
  • Thor: **** or I'll hammer ur head off yo shoulders.
  • Loki: U mad? Fenrirs gonna eat yo daddy.
  • endless flamewar between thor and loki and some **** about loki as a salmon
  • the end
Loki, the God of Trolling. :woot:

Hi All. First post long time lurker (at least since the Thor movie came out). Have not read any comic books but I am familiar with the names at least of the super heroes because my brother has those Marvel cards back when we were kids and each card has the characater's bio at the back.

Obviously, based on my user name, I like Loki (not his deeds though, coz they're bad). I am already familiar with him because of Norse mythology. I am a fan of all things mythological - Norse, Greek, Roman.

In the movie verse, I like that he is not just your typical mustache twirling villain. I understand his motivations but I don't agree with his actions. Like everyone, he wants to be loved and respected but he is just going about it the wrong way and so blinded by his anger, jelousy and self pity that he can't see past them. Tom Hiddleston in his interviews perfectly describes Loki and he sees Loki the way I see the character too.

Because of my interest in Loki, I've been doing a lot of reading about him. I found that even in the original mythology, Loki is neither good or evil. Actually, according to historians, there is no such duality in the Norse pagan religion. I liked that about Loki. There's one story where he was travelling with Thor just hanging out and having an adventure. Of course, there's the famous story about Sleipnir. In that story, Loki was actually being nice and it was the gods who were being cheap. They didn't want to pay the builder for the wall being constrcuted with the help of the horse Svaðilfari. The gods told Loki to do something to delay the construction or else he will be punished. And we know what he did.

Another story of mythological Loki that I enjoy is the Lokasenna, He basically crashes a party of the gods and insults everyone. Here's a link to the poem: http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/poe/poe10.htm

Here's a very modern translation of the text. I must say, the translation is pretty accurate. Verily. :woot: (source: http://abessinier.tumblr.com/post/25317305197/some-sorta-translation-of-lokasenna-or-in-which-loki)

• Ægir: U guyz, we're havin' a party!!
  • Gods: **** yeah! And also: great servers u got there!
  • Loki: *kills a servant* lol
  • Gods: >:O GTFO!!
  • Loki: kk bye *gets the **** out*
  • in da woods
  • Loki: Sup Eldir! The hell are those gods talkin' 'bout?
  • Eldir: Dunno man, war and stuff. And that you sorta suck.
  • Loki: Woah man, I better be crashin' that party!
  • Eldir: Dude, no!
  • in da hallz
  • Loki: *enters halls*
  • Gods:
  • Loki:
  • Gods:
  • Loki: Gimme a seat and a drink.
  • Bragi: Dafuq we aint invitin' no *****z like u.
  • Loki: Odin pls. Odin u promised we only get wasted together!!
  • Odin: Geez... Víðarr, gtfo, Loki needs ur seat.
  • Víðarr: ok.jpg *pours drink for Loki*
  • Loki: I drink to everyone at the party, except for Bragi cause he's an ass.
  • Bragi: I'd give my horse and my sword for this party not being ****** so..
  • Loki: Yeah, cause ur a ****** warrior.
  • Bragi: I'd cut off your head if this wasn't a party.
  • Loki: Like hell u bench ornament!! Also you're a coward.
  • Iðunn: Bragi u better dont piss him off.
  • Loki: **** ho. Stop hugging the guy who pwnd your bro!
  • Iðunn: Just don't want no beef.
  • Gefjun: Can't we all be friends?? Loki, ur just jokin' and everyone lubbs u .__.
  • Loki: You're a ho too.
  • Odin: Dude, you're ****ing nuts. This is Gerfjun we're talkin' 'bout.
  • Loki: You suck at giving out medals.
  • Odin: Yeah but you were a female basement-dweller and got knocked up all the time you perv!
  • Loki: Who played witch and human again? You're the perv!
  • Frigga: omg tmi u guyz
  • Loki: U had Odin's bros right? RIGHT??
  • Frigga: If Balder was here, u'd be so ****'d.
  • Loki: But I killed him lol.
  • Freyja: Ur completely nuts, this is Frigga ur pissin off!
  • Loki: EVERYONE IN THIS ROOM HAS ****ED U FREYJA EVERYONE
  • Freyja: Ur lying u just flame everyone and u'll get ur ass kicked fo' sure.
  • Loki: U remember when u were riding ur brother and everyone walked in on u and u farted??
  • Njörðr (Freya's dad btw): Loki, 's cool for a chick to have a lover. Also u gave birth and all ewwwww
  • Loki: The daughters of Hymir used u as a pisspot lmao.
  • Njörðr: Oh shut it i dig golden showers and also I'm Freyrs dad too and everyone thinks Freyr's the man!
  • Loki: YEAH AND HIS MOTHER IS YOUR SIS LOL
  • Tyr: But Freyr is THA MAN!
  • Loki: Oh shut it u cant deal straight with ppl also my son bit off your hand.
  • Tyr: I lost a hand u lost a kid. Sucks for both of us.
  • Loki: Shut up, I ****'d yo wife.
  • Freyr: We'll ****ing bind u if u don't shut your ****emouth.
  • Loki: U bought ur wife and got no sword. Whatcha gonna do at Ragnaröck?
  • Byggvir: If I was as cool as Freyr, I'd pwn u so bad.
  • Loki: Ur Freyrs lapdog.
  • Byggvir: But its cool to be here and also I'm kinda fast??
  • Loki: Ur too stupid to apportion food and all hiding in war.
  • Heimdallr: Loki's all drunk n lame.
  • Loki: U fail at life.
  • Skaði: U'll be bound with ur sons guts.
  • Loki: **** u I killed ur dad lol
  • Skaði: I'll so **** ur **** up.
  • Loki: U were nicer when we ****ed.
  • Sif: *pours mead for Loki* Have this drink. U cant be hatin on me cause im all ****in flawless k
  • Loki: You'd be. If I hadn't ****ed u.
  • Beyla: When Thor gets here, this ****s gonna stop.
  • Loki: Ugh, ur like the worst chick ever...
  • Thor: **** or I'll hammer ur head off yo shoulders.
  • Loki: U mad? Fenrirs gonna eat yo daddy.
  • endless flamewar between thor and loki and some **** about loki as a salmon
  • the end

Super long post... But I get your name! It's pronounced Lady Loki.

Image from Tom from the Avengers set last year:

Does anyone remember Tom telling the story of how one day he swiped Cap's shield and Thor's hammer and went parading around the underground set with it? well, we have evidence of it now :lmao:

Tom Hiddleston @twhiddleston
"I am Loki, of Asgard, and I am burdened with a glorious Props Department". #Avengers #BehindTheScenes #stupidity http://say.ly/OAl4bDY

223736_la.jpg

LMAO!!

Had to make this my new avi. Love. Him.

<deleted>

HAHAHHAHA Awesome! I had read about that poem, but hadn't gotten around to digging it up. *Love* the modern translation!

Thanks for sharing!

PS Have you read the one about Thor going on the beer run?

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Yes, that's how you pronounce my nick name, Lei.

I will have to look up that Thor story. I really do enjoy reading myths. I've read the story about him losing Mjolnir and having to dress up in a wedding gown. Loki was helping him here too. In my mind, Loki would be enjoying Thor's predicament a lot.

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Yes, that's how you pronounce my nick name, Lei.

I will have to look up that Thor story. I really do enjoy reading myths. I've read the story about him losing Mjolnir and having to dress up in a wedding gown. Loki was helping him here too. In my mind, Loki would be enjoying Thor's predicament a lot.

Here's the summary I read about the beer run. I haven't gotten around to digging up a translation of the original.

http://www.themarysue.com/10-bits-of-norse-myth-you-probably-wont-see-in-thor/?pid=155

This anecdote is #7 of "10 Bits of Norse Mythology You Probably Won't See in Thor". Most of the rest of the entries on the list you've mentioned already. The poem you linked to is item #10 on this list; the wedding story is #2.

Enjoy!

Here's the summary I read about the beer run. I haven't gotten around to digging up a translation of the original.

http://www.themarysue.com/10-bits-of-norse-myth-you-probably-wont-see-in-thor/?pid=155

This anecdote is #7 of "10 Bits of Norse Mythology You Probably Won't See in Thor". Most of the rest of the entries on the list you've mentioned already. The poem you linked to is item #10 on this list; the wedding story is #2.

Enjoy!

Thank you so much for this! That was fun reading. The goat chariot story, I've read before. As I recall, Loki was with Thor when he and the kids went on that adventure. In fact, Loki and the boy were also part of the contests. They both lost. I recall the Loki contest to be about speed eating. He didn't eat the bones unlike his competitor so he lost. Later he discovers that he lost because he was competing against Flame or Wildfire. The boy lost a race and later he discovered that he was racing against Thought. I would like to see this adventure of Thor, Loki and 2 kids.

Thank you so much for this! That was fun reading. The goat chariot story, I've read before. As I recall, Loki was with Thor when he and the kids went on that adventure. In fact, Loki and the boy were also part of the contests. They both lost. I recall the Loki contest to be about speed eating. He didn't eat the bones unlike his competitor so he lost. Later he discovers that he lost because he was competing against Flame or Wildfire. The boy lost a race and later he discovered that he was racing against Thought. I would like to see this adventure of Thor, Loki and 2 kids.

Sounds like good times for our hero and anti-hero!

I am hoping that Loki doesn't turn neither good nor evil. I want him to remain ambiguous. I don't want him developing a conscience or guilt. I want to be able to understand his motivations even if his actions are bad.

Also, count me in wanting to see more sorcery from Loki. I wonder how they will achieve this without making it Harry Potter-ish and still be close to "magic is advanced science we don't get".

Looking back, Loki's magic has been pretty lame so far. Even when he had the glow sticks. Staff blasts, duplication, mind control. It's a credit to the actor that he still seemed such a big threat despite the limited powers we've seen from Loki.

I am happy though that at least they showed Loki to be physically stronger than humans.

I am hoping that Loki doesn't turn neither good nor evil. I want him to remain ambiguous. I don't want him developing a conscience or guilt. I want to be able to understand his motivations even if his actions are bad.

Also, count me in wanting to see more sorcery from Loki. I wonder how they will achieve this without making it Harry Potter-ish and still be close to "magic is advanced science we don't get".

Looking back, Loki's magic has been pretty lame so far. Even when he had the glow sticks. Staff blasts, duplication, mind control. It's a credit to the actor that he still seemed such a big threat despite the limited powers we've seen from Loki.

I am happy though that at least they showed Loki to be physically stronger than humans.

AH, another Loki fan, great. -________-

:p welcome to the hype my friend. I want loki's redemption to be in Thor 3 against Surtur, sort of like the surtur saga, he fights for himself. Loki I want him to stay evil, and just selfish. His hatred for Thor NEEDS to stay.

And I agree. I was disappointed with his power. He was actually surprisingly strong, but I would like to see him use more powers, like energy blasts, astral projection more, intangibility. Mind control (without a damn scepter)

AH, another Loki fan, great. -________-

:p welcome to the hype my friend. I want loki's redemption to be in Thor 3 against Surtur, sort of like the surtur saga, he fights for himself. Loki I want him to stay evil, and just selfish. His hatred for Thor NEEDS to stay.

And I agree. I was disappointed with his power. He was actually surprisingly strong, but I would like to see him use more powers, like energy blasts, astral projection more, intangibility. Mind control (without a damn scepter)

Thanks for the welcome. Uh, getting tired of Loki fans? :woot:

If Loki stays evil (IMO, I don't think he is, nor is he good), how can there be redemption for him considering the scenario you mentioned. Can you really call that redemption? Forgive me, English is not my native language. For me redemption means when an evil person becomes good through unselfish acts. Sorry if I am not explaining myself well.

Loki's always been at his best when he's simply, complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"