Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
AH, another Loki fan, great. -________-

:p welcome to the hype my friend. I want loki's redemption to be in Thor 3 against Surtur, sort of like the surtur saga, he fights for himself. Loki I want him to stay evil, and just selfish. His hatred for Thor NEEDS to stay.

I think I read somewhere in this forum of someone speculating Loki's death while fighting Surtur in Thor 3. That'd be kind of... cool, actually. Not hating on Loki, but if he was defending Asgard, it'd be worth it. ;)

Thanks for the welcome. Uh, getting tired of Loki fans? :woot:

If Loki stays evil (IMO, I don't think he is, nor is he good), how can there be redemption for him considering the scenario you mentioned. Can you really call that redemption? Forgive me, English is not my native language. For me redemption means when an evil person becomes good through unselfish acts. Sorry if I am not explaining myself well.

No worries. Sorry, I meant for this movie I want him to stay evil and cold. And save his redemption arc for the third movie

I think I read somewhere in this forum of someone speculating Loki's death while fighting Surtur in Thor 3. That'd be kind of... cool, actually. Not hating on Loki, but if he was defending Asgard, it'd be worth it. ;)

dont you mean Odin? A lot of us have speculated Odin getting killed against Surtur. Which makes more sense than Loki. Considering the two are sworn enemies

dont you mean Odin? A lot of us have speculated Odin getting killed against Surtur. Which makes more sense than Loki. Considering the two are sworn enemies

Yeah, it's possible I'm getting my info confused. But THEN (more rumors, yay) I thought I read somewhere that a main character is supposed to die in Thor 2 and that the possibility is Odin. Who knows lol. This is what I get for seeking spoilers. :)

Tampa! I love Tampa, go there all the time.

Unless it's like in Torchwood and The Avengers when they talk about how their character has so much more to do in this installment and it's really code for "They kill me off". Then, it would be Darcy.

What I really liked in the comics was that he could go either way, like in order to save his daughter, he partnered with Spider-Man and was forced to eat hot dogs and coke...hilarious!

I just want new Loki pics from Thor 2!

If were Odin were to die, it would be very interesting to see how Loki would react. IMO, deep down he still loves his father or else how can he harbor such hurt and resentment.

If were Odin were to die, it would be very interesting to see how Loki would react. IMO, deep down he still loves his father or else how can he harbor such hurt and resentment.

idk, but Odin's death should revolve around Thor. He is the one to inherit the throne. I hope he dies in 3 though, because I can't see him being killed by anyone other than Surtur. To me, it is too early, and to crowded to have Surtur

My own preference is that, in Thor 3, if someone dies fighting Surtur, it be either Odin or Loki, but *not* both. Loki dying would work better from a redemption angle, while Odin dying would let you have both Thor and Loki deal with Odin's for real actual death.

Odin HAS to die against Surtur. Thor will inherit the odinforce, defeat surtur with Loki's aid, and he very well may possess the odin force against Thanos :p

So I read Chris Evans wants to have a small role in Thor 2. I thought, what if he is present during Loki's trial? A witness who testifies against him.

I wanna see Cap at the long table boozing it up with Odin, Thor, and his bear friend.

tumblr_lqgiohCQcS1qi6zcz_zps036e16c9.jpg

So I read Chris Evans wants to have a small role in Thor 2. I thought, what if he is present during Loki's trial? A witness who testifies against him.

This link is to an enormous and fascinating article on the institution of the Althing in Iceland in the Viking Era. The Althing was the annual legislative gathering, at which court cases also were heard: http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/society/text/laws.htm

I'll highlight a couple of points relevant to this discussion of Loki's trial and the possibility of Steve Rogers serving as a witness, assuming they draw from Viking tradition to depict such a trial (instead of, for example, simply having Odin render judgement and execute sentence).

"The courts were not at all like what one thinks of as a modern western court of law. There were no public prosecutors. All cases were private suits. Usually, cases were prosecuted by someone close to the injured party, such as a family member, or a goði [a leader]. But an individual could bring action in a case even if he were not involved in the case." [And there was a panel of 36 judges overseeing the case]

"The magnitude of the punishment of full outlawry [the maximum punishment] should not be underestimated. Not only was there the psychological terror of loneliness due to exclusion from all social contacts, there was also the very real threat of violence and death from unrelated third parties who sought to increase their own prestige by killing an outlaw." [which was allowed without penalty]

It seems you could have Selvig testify against Loki. He certainly was injured, and is already in the movie.

Also note that they are supposed to shoot on location in Iceland. So they possibly could use the very valley in which that the Viking-age Icelandic Althing met as a location if they did an Althing in the movie.

My opinion is that Odin will render judgement from his throne room (and not bother with following Viking tradition for this plot point), and the punishment is likely to be exile from Asgardian society, but confinement to Asgard. (People have mentioned an Isle of Silence) Thor will probably provide testimony. It's too bad that the ravens didn't make it down to earth for TA; they too could have provided testimony and that would have been a nice touch. Unless they get Jane & Co. to Asgard immediately after the events of The Avengers (which I doubt), Selvig will not provide testimony.

If Captain America shows up in T:TDW, it will be in a stinger scene during the credits.

It's too bad that the ravens didn't make it down to earth for TA; they too could have provided testimony and that would have been a nice touch.
Actually, speculation is that they were there. When Thor and Loki are on the mountaintop after Thor has swipped Loki from the Quinjet, there's a moment when two ravens caw and fly over their heads. Right after Thor tells Loki that a throne would suit him ill and Loki pushes past Thor to walk back up to the outcropping.

Actually, speculation is that they were there. When Thor and Loki are on the mountaintop after Thor has swipped Loki from the Quinjet, there's a moment when two ravens caw and fly over their heads. Right after Thor tells Loki that a throne would suit him ill and Loki pushes past Thor to walk back up to the outcropping.

Ooo! Exciting! Gotta watch it again, I guess!

(PS I also realized that Heimdall could provide testimony, since he "can see a single dew drop fall from a blade of grass a thousand worlds away" . . .)

Yeah, the two Ravens show up a couple of times during Thor and Loki's argument, flying around. Then, once Iron Man shows up, we never see them again.

Probably the thing I am excited about the most to see in Thor 2 is the Loki trial. I want Loki to regret nothing. I want angst drama between Thor Loki and Odin. Maybe even Frigga.

Question: If Loki had known early on, in his childhood, that he was adopted, would he be different from the Loki we know now? What could Odin have done to prevent Loki from going insane?

I always wondered, Odin knows one of his sons is a Jotun and yet he still help perpetuate that "Jotuns are evil monsters".

I wouldn't say Loki's trial what I'm most excited for since he IS a supporting character, but I am pretty stoked to see it.

Question: If Loki had known early on, in his childhood, that he was adopted, would he be different from the Loki we know now? What could Odin have done to prevent Loki from going insane?

I always wondered, Odin knows one of his sons is a Jotun and yet he still help perpetuate that "Jotuns are evil monsters".
It would be even worse - like in the comic, where he always know his origin.
I do not think that even Odin can change fate. He chose the other rout in MCU - he capt Loki origin in secret but in the end result was the same.

Yeah, the two Ravens show up a couple of times during Thor and Loki's argument, flying around. Then, once Iron Man shows up, we never see them again.

Well, that just shows they have enough sense to stay back a little bit.

I guess the other thing to look for is whether they hitch a ride with Thor and Loki at the end when they use the Tesseract to get back to Asgard. (I assume the ravens have to physically return to Odin in order to report back to him. Is that right? And can they fly across the Atlantic?)

I too am looking forward to seeing how Asgardian justice gets administered to Loki. It better fit the crime, too!

I wonder if there's even going to be a trial. No matter, I want to see the continuation from Avengers. I understand that Loki is not a main character in Thor 2, but I hope that whatever few scenes they make for Loki that it should be meaningful. I am not looking for resolution or redemption. Just a continuation of the Loki arc. Most importantly, the hair continuity. :cwink:

All he did was kill a few Frost Giants and humans. Not that big a deal really. :o ;)

Earth is overpopulated anyway. What's a few humans? :cwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"