The Flash Tom Welling to appear as Supes??

Status
Not open for further replies.
strange that the article was posted so close to April 1st:hmm...

Like I said...I smell BS. Although, with all of the talk about alternate dimensions being part of season 2. It would be a cool tie in.

Doubt it. Though I would hope to see Superman (and Batman) on Flash and Arrow I don't think DC\WB are likely to have changed their minds on the subject.

I'm also not keen on the idea if Tom as Superman. I'd like to see someone new.

Its kind of too late to change their mind, barring alternate dimensions or a reality rewrite.

For the sake of humoring myself, EVEN IF there was a chance that they would want to approach Tom about this, the fact of the matter is that Tom is infamously known for his reluctance to down the suit. Even if Tom was open to the idea of appearing as "Clark Kent", he would never want to wear the actual suit. It'd just be a CGI version of Superman at best.

Keep any and all references to Smallville far, far away from the Flash and its shared universe, please.

If this was ever going to be an actual thing? Just get someone who actually wouldn't mind being Superman...

Too radical a thought?

For the sake of humoring myself, EVEN IF there was a chance that they would want to approach Tom about this, the fact of the matter is that Tom is infamously known for his reluctance to down the suit. Even if Tom was open to the idea of appearing as "Clark Kent", he would never want to wear the actual suit. It'd just be a CGI version of Superman at best.

I wonder if his opinion on this would change now that his career has gone absolutely nowhere since the show ended.

I don't think he would suit the role actually. He has aged quite and thats not good since superman doesn't age.

I first read the title as "Tom Cavanaugh to appear as Supes??" Now that would be interesting. :o

I don't think he would suit the role actually. He has aged quite and thats not good since superman doesn't age.

I don't remember a baby flying around in a Superman suit in any of the movies or TV shows I have watched......so apparently he does age a bit.

I wonder if his opinion on this would change now that his career has gone absolutely nowhere since the show ended.
Well to be fair, he could have very well made a conscious decision not to pursue any major acting jobs. Yes I understand that doesn't make sense, but he does have that right. Besides, I'm sure he's not exactly hurting for money. I'm sure he made quite a bit from his Smallville days. Who knows though....stranger things have happened.

I don't remember a baby flying around in a Superman suit in any of the movies or TV shows I have watched......so apparently he does age a bit.

Well Kryptonians do age until a certain point in adulthood then the aging either completely stops or is slowed down dramatically. I forget which one.

Well Kryptonians do age until a certain point in adulthood then the aging either completely stops or is slowed down dramatically. I forget which one.

I don't know for sure, but I think it might be the latter. In Kingdom Come at least, Batman is an old man with snow white hair who needs have to a mechanized suit in order to do his thing, Supes, who is about the same age, all he has is a little grey at the temples, and that's it.

I don't know for sure, but I think it might be the latter. In Kingdom Come at least, Batman is an old man with snow white hair who needs have to a mechanized suit in order to do his thing, Supes, who is about the same age, all he has is a little grey at the temples, and that's it.

Yeah I am also pretty sure its the latter.

I surprisingly wouldn't mind. It's safe. Well, as long as it's an entirely new Clark.

Tom Welling refused to play Superman on Smallville, he's definitely not playing it on Flash or Supergirl or anything else.

Tom Welling refused to play Superman on Smallville, he's definitely not playing it on Flash or Supergirl or anything else.

Does anyone know this for sure? Has he or the producers ever said that Tom
"refused" to play Superman on Smallville? The closest is when one of them said that its a show about Clark becoming Superman and if he did the show would be over. But, this whole no tights, no flight motto made sense when the show was only a few seasons in. But, when the show is on 10yrs, he basically becomes Supes (minus the tights & flight) and even has the Justice League. It basically should throw that motto out. I doubt that Tom or the producers actually thought the show would last as long as it did.

It had more to do with legal stuff from what I remember. Welling wouldn't have had a say either way. If they did have Welling on the Flash as Superman he would have to be a different version from the Smallville continuity for two pretty glaring reasons. 1) They had already had impulse and Bart Allen on Smallville a few times so that would be problematic , and 2) Justin Hartley is the Oliver Queen and Green Arrow .

That's not true, Tom was hesitant to take the role original because he didn't want to be typecast or be on a superhero show. It was when the producers convinced him this wasn't a superhero show that he came on board.

Tom Welling later said he was always open to it and the reason he didn't wear the costume in the Smallville finale was because they went allowed to have him as Superman on the show. Hence why we got a CGI Superman in distance shots and a shirt rip (which for me would have always been enough).

Pretty sure somebody confirmed that Article was an April Fools joke a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"