Justice League Tone for the Justice League movie

Indeed it will but what WB have to understand that their current incarnation of Batman and there new incarnation of Superman coming together will be one of their biggest promotions for a JL movie. I say bringing Bale back is definitly worth the pay check.

After all, reportedly Robert Downey Jr. made around 50 million on Avengers.

Johnny Depp was paid $5M more to reprise his role as Jack Sparrow in the fourth POTC movie, and that's without counting the back-end profits he and Jerry Bruckheimer got on top of that.

As terrific an actor Bale is, he just doesn't have that box-office clout outside the Batman movies. Not to mention he's wary of doing a Batman movie without Nolan's involvement, and the script and eventual director would have to satisfy him before he would sign on. He hasn't entirely dismissed the idea, but who knows?

I would be ecstatic if Bale came on for JL. I think there's tremendous potential for conflict and animosity between him and Cavill's Superman.

star trek is tone i want

fun and grand in scale with fantasy elements
has very serious dark moments
intimidating villain
great team dynamic
was serious but also light

Maybe JJ Abrams should direct. I mean, i'm starting to think that Star Trek is the best tone for this movie too. Not the same genre, but the look and feel.

I would like the tone to match the mix of characters, and the top three characters that *need* to be in this film are:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman

Granted, I expect other characters, but I think the tone of the movie need to be a mix of those three (characters that I consider to be the main force within the movie).

In that sense, then, I've always seen the characters in this way:

Superman: a beacon of hope...a "Jesus" like character that has all these superpowers and tries to meet the needs of millions of citizens. In that sense, he *should* be a very serious character, with an underlying feel of impending tragedy...yet also be a symbol of hope in a dying world. Nolan is very right that Superman is an elemental character. Not in the same way as Batman, but still very serious in nature.

Batman, on the other hand, is a much darker character. He was created out of personal tragedy, and is used as a symbol of fear to those who would commit crime. He represents the darkness and the fear that exists in everybody and the internal struggle that we have to overcome it.

Wonder Woman, on the other hand, is a completely different animal. She is a representation of pure feminine energy and strength. While she is a positive and striking character, there is still not much overt humor to her character.

So, I want a movie that mixes those three elements...a symbol of hope/redemption, a symbol of fear, and a symbol of feminine energy and positivity. I think when you mix those three elements, you will get a very serious movie, with only shades of humor, mixed with a daunting (almost impossible) situation that threatens humanity itself. But it won't be as much a physical threat (like Avengers) so much as a more psychological threat.

Since it was sort of overlooked in the original post, I'm reposting the video I was talking about. I think the tone that this trailer gives off would be perfect for the movie since it lies somewhere between Avengers and Nolan's Batman like everyone wanted.

http://youtu.be/jqPneLQAw_Q

Since it was sort of overlooked in the original post, I'm reposting the video I was talking about. I think the tone that this trailer gives off would be perfect for the movie since it lies somewhere between Avengers and Nolan's Batman like everyone wanted.

http://youtu.be/jqPneLQAw_Q

That is absolutely pitch-perfect. Imposing, world-threatening villain. Global scale and takes the material seriously.

And honestly, that's all that I really want - for them to take it seriously. If you disrespect the audience on something like this, it will fail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"