Homecoming Tony Revolori is Flash Thompson

i'm still praying that somehow he's not flash. It's just too pathetic and terrible a change to the character. Completely misses the mark, even if you're trying to 'contemporize' him. Jocks still exist.

Exactly!!

Revolori as Flash Thompson has to be one of the worst castings I've ever seen in my life. I'd rather see Joe Manganiello's 39 year old self try to play a high schooler than Tony Revolori's potentially horrible Flash Thompson. I honestly wish Marvel just decided to make Spider-Man a college student, pretty damn sick of seeing him in high school.

I agree. I'm not sick of high school or anything but it's been constantly been what they've used with him, now.

Spider-Man? High school, which was only for like 30/40 minutes, maybe? So that proved to be a waste. As a result of the botch, Sony decided to bring him back to high school with the reboot with focus on a young Peter Parker and yet they cast Andrew Garfield (over the likes of Lerman, Hutcherson, and Yelchin). :huh:

The Amazing Spider-Man? High school. Good! They committed to it for a film aaaannnddd it's gone because Andrew started showing his age in the sequel. I mean, I loved Andy but he should've been college Pete. Missed opportunity.

Civil War/Spider-Man: Homecoming? High school. Gee, and this time we got a 14/15 year old Peter Parker who is beyond impressionable and naive (and annoying) -- if CW is anything to go off of. They went out their way sooo much to press in your face, "He's a kid! He thinks Star Wars is old! He's looking at Tony Stark as the second coming of Jesus! Look how young and naive he is, guys!" which I still stand by kinda negates the whole purpose of his origin story but hey -- maybe that's why they skipped it so they can tell a Peter/Spidey origin story without actually telling the origin story (which seems to be their plan with the whole coming-of-age deal)! :o

Would've wanted a college or adult Peter Parker, especially after having read some stories of that recently. College for wider talent pool of actors and adult for better stories (IMO, of course). Either way, would've been fine. Imagine having a Peter Parker that by the end of a third film, he's graduating from college! Mind = Blown. Nope, guess we'll be waiting quite a number of years for that one..

It's ironic how I want a college/adult Pete on the big screen and yet I'm begging for a high school Peter in the comics ('specially since Spidey has been cancelled :csad:).

I agree. I'm not sick of high school or anything but it's been constantly been what they've used with him, now.

Spider-Man? High school, which was only for like 30/40 minutes, maybe? So that proved to be a waste. As a result of the botch, Sony decided to bring him back to high school with the reboot with focus on a young Peter Parker and yet they cast Andrew Garfield (over the likes of Lerman, Hutcherson, and Yelchin). :huh:

The Amazing Spider-Man? High school. Good! They committed to it for a film aaaannnddd it's gone because Andrew started showing his age in the sequel. I mean, I loved Andy but he should've been college Pete. Missed opportunity.

Civil War/Spider-Man: Homecoming? High school. Gee, and this time we got a 14/15 year old Peter Parker who is beyond impressionable and naive (and annoying) -- if CW is anything to go off of. They went out their way sooo much to press in your face, "He's a kid! He thinks Star Wars is old! He's looking at Tony Stark as the second coming of Jesus! Look how young and naive he is, guys!" which I still stand by kinda negates the whole purpose of his origin story but hey -- maybe that's why they skipped it so they can tell a Peter/Spidey origin story without actually telling the origin story (which seems to be their plan with the whole coming-of-age deal)! :o

Would've wanted a college or adult Peter Parker, especially after having read some stories of that recently. College for wider talent pool of actors and adult for better stories (IMO, of course). Either way, would've been fine. Imagine having a Peter Parker that by the end of a third film, he's graduating from college! Mind = Blown. Nope, guess we'll be waiting quite a number of years for that one..

It's ironic how I want a college/adult Pete on the big screen and yet I'm begging for a high school Peter in the comics ('specially since Spidey has been cancelled :csad:).

Yes!! I like Tom Holland but all the **** they gave him was too over the top and if it continues in Spider-Man: Homecoming, I'm done.

Yes!! I like Tom Holland but all the **** they gave him was too over the top and if it continues in Spider-Man: Homecoming, I'm done.
:up: Tom's Peter is a caricature of a 15 year-old kid.

:up: Tom's Peter is a caricature of a 15 year-old kid.

I'm a 15 year old myself but I don't want to see Peter be a caricature of a 15 year old. It's kinda insulting to his character from the old 60's comics.

I'm a 15 year old myself but I don't want to see Peter be a caricature of a 15 year old. It's kinda insulting to his character from the old 60's comics.
Egg-xactly. Peter doesn't seem to have learned responsibility at all in this universe judging from where his priorities stand in Civil War-- Beating up Captain America & The Avengers. in exchange for 'sweet new gear from Tony Stark' as well as doing it to impress his master: Tony. They think because he's 15 that he has to be a gullible, naive child with terrible judgement but this goes against the entire basis of the character in the first place. There's no 15 year-old in NYC (or anywhere, really) that is as gullible as Peter in CW, let alone somebody who's suppose to be a budding young scientist with a deep-rooted ideology and sense of responsibility like Peter has ALWAYS been portrayed.

Spidey in Civil War was nothing but an accessory for Tony to wear. That's all he was.

Egg-xactly. Peter doesn't seem to have learned responsibility at all in this universe judging from where his priorities stand in Civil War-- Beating up Captain America & The Avengers. in exchange for 'sweet new gear from Tony Stark' as well as doing it to impress his master: Tony. They think because he's 15 that he has to be a gullible, naive child with terrible judgement but this goes against the entire basis of the character in the first place. There's no 15 year-old in NYC (or anywhere, really) that is as gullible as Peter in CW, let alone somebody who's suppose to be a budding young scientist with a deep-rooted ideology and sense of responsibility like Peter has ALWAYS been portrayed.

Spidey in Civil War was nothing but an accessory for Tony to wear. That's all he was.

Agreed and it saddens me to see him become that way. I'm surprised not as many people are complaining about it but if Sony did this then everybody would be losing it.

Agreed and it saddens me to see him become that way. I'm surprised not as many people are complaining about it but if Sony did this then everybody would be losing it.
Yeah, there are a lot of things in this movie people are giving a free pass.

Yeah, there are a lot of things in this movie people are giving a free pass.

They give it a free pass blindly just because it's Marvel. I loved the movie but if I see something I don't like, I won't give those things a pass.

It was the first movie, Jesus. Give the character room to grow. That's why they put him in high school again; so he can grow. Idk why you guys seem to keep forgetting this. Kevin Feige talked about how they want this Spidey's movies to resemble Harry Potter's in term of longevity and growth.

They give it a free pass blindly just because it's Marvel. I loved the movie but if I see something I don't like, I won't give those things a pass.
Pretty much same for me.
It was the first movie, Jesus. Give the character room to grow. That's why they put him in high school again; so he can grow. Idk why you guys seem to keep forgetting this. Kevin Feige talked about how they want this Spidey's movies to resemble Harry Potter's in term of longevity and growth.
But it shouldn't be at the expense of Peter's character. Does Peter have to start out as a naive idiot who does whatever his pimp Tony tells him before he becomes the independent, responsible Spidey comic fans as well as general fans know? Reminds me of the thing Snyder's doing with Superman over in the DCEU

:up: That or fan service, which I guess you could say for Ant-Man too but surprisingly Ant-Man fit better.

Going off the concept art, Ant-Man was originally Team Stark so I wonder if before the film was finished wrapping, they swapped Ant-Man with Spidey or something. Hm..

That's where it all lies, too. It's because it's Marvel, people are fine with playing the long-game. I can't put blame on 'em or anything 'cause the MCU speaks for itself, but I certainly don't like the idea for Spidey -- at least right now.

Originally, I liked that idea but seeing Civil War just left me with a sour taste so if their plan (from that to whenever) is for him to eventually be the Peter/Spidey we all know and love (despite getting that twice already in both past series' first films), then I'll be joining Big Al.

But it shouldn't be at the expense of Peter's character. Does Peter have to start out as a naive idiot who does whatever his pimp Tony tells him before he becomes the independent, responsible Spidey comic fans as well as general fans know? Reminds me of the thing Snyder's doing with Superman over in the DCEU

Or like how Batman is this brooding killer in BvS that [BLACKOUT]by the film's end, learns justice at the expense of Supe's death and now we'll get an actual Batman come JL and his solo film.[/BLACKOUT] :doh:

My god you guys are dramatic lol

Would you say the same thing for those on the forum wanting Superman to be more like Superman, Batman being more like Batman, Joker being more like Joker and just about everyone else?

I don't think Ant-Man was ever Team Stark. I think they explained that in a video. They were just doing concept art of different people fighting each other to see how it would look but had never intended Ant-Man to be on Team Stark against Cap.

I don't think Ant-Man was ever Team Stark. I think they explained that in a video. They were just doing concept art of different people fighting each other to see how it would look but had never intended Ant-Man to be on Team Stark against Cap.

Oh, my mistake then.

Would you say the same thing for those on the forum wanting Superman to be more like Superman, Batman being more like Batman, Joker being more like Joker and just about everyone else?

Only if they make whacky claims:yay:

What PeterBenParker and harryoscorp are saying is true though, Peter shouldn't be a gullible guitar and they shouldn't focus so much on evolving him as the Spider-Man we all know and love throughout the course of three films. Is Spidey going to be an idiot in Homecoming and it's sequel and then once something bad happens to him in the third installment he'll be like his usual self? If so that would be awful beyond belief.

Spidey was cancelled? Goddammit

Y'all liked that book? Meh.

I'm really excited that these films take place in high school, chiefly because many of Spider-Man's greatest stories come from this era. The cool thing is it can be sustained for at least 2 films in the MCU if they want, and not take up part of a film and be inconsequential. I'm really hoping they focus more on Peter's relationships with his supporting cast in this series.

18056328_282451072182512_5271097521095438431_o.jpg

Looking sharp

That's the type of dude to take your lunch money in a high school Ponzi scheme, not beat it out of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"