Marion Cotillard
Liam Neeson
Morgan Freeman
Cillian Murphy

I make a final 12...

Last edited:
1. Aaron Eckhart underrated performance as Harvey Dent
2. Heath Ledger best Joker since Nicholson in a live action
3. Christian Bale best Batman and Bruce Wayne at the same time not many have done that.
4. Liam Neeson I always like him in movies he's a just legend.
5. Anne Hathaway blew me away with her performance and managed to top Michelle Preiffer.
6. Tom Hardy Was just great, couldn't hear what he was saying but he's not his fault
7. Gary Oldman best Gordon I don't think anyone can top him
8. Michael Caine I liked him but Gough always be my Alfred.
9. Cillian Murphy I wished he was given more to do in TDK but least he showed up in TDKR
10. Marion Cotillard I thought she did good but I was a bit disappointed with her character.

Morgan Freeman was great in all 3 three films especially in TDK but I didn't have a spot for him.

1. Heath Ledger - One of the best performances of this generation
2. Michael Caine - One of the two reasons this series was so emotionally powerful
3. Gary Oldman (mostly from TDK) - The other reason this series was so emotionally powerful
4. Tom Hardy - Portrayed everything physically and dominated virtually every scene he was in
5. Christian Bale - Great performances, but that Bat voice and a few cheesy moments knocked him down
6. Anne Hathaway - Did a great job, but she didn't have that special factor that the rest had
7. Joseph Gordon-Levitt - Same as Hathaway.
8. Aaron Eckhart - Much of the time he was Two Face, things felt forced and a little out of place
9. Liam Neeson - Portrayed Ras perfectly, but didn't do anything amazing like everyone above. He was virtually just himself most of the time
10. Tom Wilkinson - Just did a good job in that role, like he always does.

Heath Ledger - Just incredible
Tom Hardy - Did such a great job in such a hard act to follow
Christian Bale - Underrated but the definitive Batman/BW now
Gary Oldman - Should have got an oscar nom for DK!
Michael Caine - Brilliant throughtout
Aaron Eckhart - Great display
Liam Neeson - Great mentor role in Begins
Morgan Freeman - Solid, funny and played it perfectly
Anne Hathaway - Rise's would have failed if she had....she didnt:cwink:
Joseph Gordon-Levitt - Was Robin and didnt suck, high praise indeed:yay:

1. Ledger

2. Bale

3. Oldman

4. Caine

5. Gordon-Levitt

6. Hardy

7. Hathaway

8. Murphy

9. Wilkinson

10. Eckhart (miscast as dent, and two-face was over the top)

HON:

- the actress who played Gordon's wife: "You brought this craziness on us, you did!" and the final scene in TDK with the Gordon's.

- Eric Roberts

- Liam Neeson

- Freeman

- Gyllenhaal

- Guy who played Thomas Wayne

Miscast as Dent? I thought he was the perfect Two Face. I rated him second best of the trilogy. I mean to each his own I guess but I think he did a damn good job.

1. Ledger (iconic performance)
2. Hathaway & Bale (nailed their characters respectively)
4. Oldman
5. Caine
6. Eckhart (underrated, overshadowed)
7. Hardy
8. Freeman
9. Neeson
10. Levitt

1. Heath Ledger
2. Aaron Eckhart
3. Christian Bale
4. Anne Hathaway
5. Liam Neeson
6. Michael Caine
7. Cillian Murphy
8. Gary Oldman
9. Morgan Freeman
10. Tom Hardy

Eckhart was a miscast, and his performance was over the top? Wha-?

Aaron was perfect, and one of the most underrated and overshadowed performances not only in The Dark Knight Trilogy but in cinema as a whole.

Eckhart was a miscast, and his performance was over the top? Wha-?

Aaron was perfect, and one of the most underrated and overshadowed performances not only in The Dark Knight Trilogy but in cinema as a whole.

Totally agree. After seeing him in TDK (and Thank You for Smoking) I feel he's one of the most underutilized talents in hollywood.

Totally agree. After seeing him in TDK (and Thank You for Smoking) I feel he's one of the most underutilized talents in hollywood.

He's a really solid actor, I thought he was the better actor in Rabbit Hole despite losing out to Nicole Kidman in awards for that.

Heath Ledger will always take the #1 spot, well deservingly so.

I say we just start listing #2 to #10 XD

No way Dent was a miscast. He was brilliant as HD. The only problem - he was overshadowed by Heath's Joker.

1. Heath Ledger
2. Christian Bale
3. Gary Oldman
4. Michael Caine
5. Tom Hardy
6. Anne Hathaway
7. Liam Neeson
8. Aaron Eckhart
9. Morgan Freeman
10. Cillian Murphy

1. Heath Ledger as the Joker

2. Gary Oldman in TDK

3. Michael Caine in TDKR

4. Christian Bale in TDKR

5. Anne Hathaway in TDKR

6. Christian Bale in BB

7. Liam Neeson in BB

8. Aaron Eckhart in TDK

9. JGL in TDKR

10. Cillian Murphy in BB.

1. Heath Ledger
2. Christian Bale
3. Michael Caine
4. Tom Hardy
5. Gary Oldman
6. Aaron Eckhart
7. Anne Hathaway
8. Joseph Gordon Levitt
9. Liam Neeson
10. Morgan Freeman

1. Gary Oldman
2. Christian Bale
3. Michael Caine
4. Heath Ledger
5. Joseph Gordon Levitt
6. Aaron Eckhart
7. Liam Neeson
8. Anne Hathaway
9. Morgan Freeman
10. Cillian Murphy

My Top 12

1. Gary Oldman
2. Christian Bale
3. Heath Ledger
4. Anne Hathaway
5. Tom Hardy
6. Michael Caine
7. Joseph Gordon Levitt
8. Tom Wilkinson
9. Aaron Eckhart
10. Eric Roberts
11. Cillian Murphy
12. Linus Roache

I'm only going to keep one movie for each actor (whichever I feel they did the best in)

1.Heath Ledger- TDK
2.Christian Bale- TDKR
3. Michael Caine- TDKR
4. Gary Oldman- TDK
5. Tom Hardy- TDKR
6. Aaron Eckhart- TDK (underrated)
7.Joseph Gordon-Levitt- TDKR
8.Anne Hathaway- TDKR
9. Liam Neeson- BB
10. Marion Cortilland- TDKR (I felt any problem with the character lay with the script, not her character- the stabbing scene showed her skills well)

1) Heath Ledger - The Joker - The Dark Knight
2) Christian Bale - Bruce Wayne/Batman - The Dark Knight Trilogy
3) Gary Oldman - Jim Gordon - The Dark Knight Trilogy
4) Tom Hardy - Bane - The Dark Knight Rises
5) Aaron Eckhart - Harvey Dent/Two Face - The Dark Knight
6) Anne Hathaway - Selina Kyle/Catwoman - The Dark Knight Rises
7) Michael Cain - Alfred Pennyworth - The Dark Knight Trilogy
8) Joseph Gordon Levitt - John Blake - The Dark Knight Rises
9) Liam Neeson - Ra's Al Ghul - Batman Begins
10) Cillian Murphy - Jonathan Crane/Scarecrow - Batman Begins

1. Tom Hardy
2. Heath Ledger
3. Christian Bale
4. Gary Oldman
5. Cillian Murphy
6. Michael Caine
7. Aaron Eckhart
8. Tom Wilkinson
9. Morgan Freeman
10. Linus Roache

Honorable Mentions:

William Fichtner- The bank manager in the prologue of Dark Knight
Mark Boone Junior- The corrupt police detective working for Falcone
Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Eric Roberts
Joshua Harto- Mr. Reese

1. Bale/Ledger-this is hard for me since Ledger's Joker was so definitive and iconic, but Bale has been the heart of BB and TDKR. Bale's performance in TDKR was so moving-when he was in pain, I totally felt it. If it weren't for him, the trilogy would not be anywhere near as great as it has been.
2. Caine
3. Oldman
4. Eckhart
5. Hathaway
6. Hardy
7. Neeson
8. Murphy
9. Freeman
10. JGL

I make the rule with only one film for each person, though the other films might also factor into the choice.

1. Heath Ledger as The Joker in TDK – Hard to deny that one isn't? And there is nothing to say that hasn't been said.

2. Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman in TDKR – Great in BB, underrated in TDK and fantastic in TDKR. I'm even a big fan of the sometimes so hated Bat-voice.

3. Tom Hardy as Bane in TDKR – I love his voice, his body-language and the way he speaks with his eyes. He really became a terrifying monster but also managed to make his sudden vulnerability totally believable. Also loved his inflictions, his voice was like an instrument sometimes and his delivery of some lines are just pitch-perfect. "Do you feeel in charge?"

4. Michael Caine as Alfred in TDKR – It's just such a sad but beautiful performance. You want Bruce to move on just as much for himself as for Alfred. He managed to make me choke up in three scenes and it felt almost too real for me.

5. Gary Oldman as Jim Gordon in TDK – Overall great in all films but I feel he has the best material to work and develop with in TDK. The ending scene when his family is threathened just gets me everytime. Lots of great Gordon moments in this one, much thanks to Oldman.

6. JGL as John Blake in TDKR – I've always liked JGL but his character and his performance in TDKR still caught me off guard with how much I liked him/it. Nothing flashy or entertaining, but just very real, sympathetic and strong.

7. Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle in TDKR – It tells you how many great performances this series have when you have to put what for me is the best live-action performance of Catwoman ever. Bad-ass, funny and sexy, she captured it all. Especially love her timing when delivering lines, her feline movements and her way of shifting personas so swiftly.

8. Liam Neeson as Ra's Al Ghul in BB – He perfectly embodied both the father-figure and the menacing threat. He delivers those monologues and life-lessons with such conviction and pathos that you can't help but be drawn into it all.

9. Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent/Two-Face in TDK – Another great performance that really surprised me with how much heart he managed to give the role and when he turns to Two-Face he is greatly intense and he makes the turning totally believable.

10. Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox in BB – He is good in all three but I definitely felt he had the most life and precense in BB. He was able to use his sense of timing and charm the most here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"