4. Gary Oldman
5. Morgan Freeman/Liam Neeson
6. Aaron Eckhart/Tom Hardy
7. Anne Hathaway
8. Marion Cotillard
9. Katie Holmes
10. Maggie Gyllenhaal

Yes, I put Holmes over Maggie

Yeah it did seemed like Alfred showed up, had a big speech, cried, walked away.

It was not as though he only a single scene in the movie. He has a lot of moments in the first act that culminates with him parting ways with Bruce or rather, Bruce parting ways with him. It's a culmination not only of that movie but the two that preceded it.

Christian was perfect in TDK. Don't care what anyone says.
Anyone who says Bale was underwhelming in his performance in TDK quite simply doesn't know what they're talking about.

It's so layered, so subtle, without using gushing speeches, or tons of focus from a plot perspective or in dialogue. He conveys extreme anger, intensity, sorrow, and stress without having to go over the top.

That's ELITE level acting.

And I can perfectly see why Alfred's emotional scenes felt forced. Still loved them though.
Don't get me wrong, I love Caine and his Alfred. That scene in RISES where he talks about "letting the truth have its day" after Bruce's first return as Batman, when he submits his resignation from Wayne Manor was quality stuff.

But alot of his scenes are forced emotionally besides that ... they seem to come from virtually no where most of the time. I prefer his more naturally laid out scenes in both BEGINS and TDK.

1. Heath Ledger
2. Michael Caine
3. Aaron Eckhart
4. Christian Bale
5. Anne Hathaway
6. Tom Hardy
7. Liam Neeson
8. Gus Lewis (Played Young Bruce in BB)
9. Cillian Murphy
10. Joseph Gordon-Levitt

1. Heath Ledger
2. Michael Caine
3. Aaron Eckhart
4. Christian Bale
5. Anne Hathaway
6. Tom Hardy
7. Liam Neeson
8. Gus Lewis (Played Young Bruce in BB)
9. Cillian Murphy
10. Joseph Gordon-Levitt

It amazes me that you have Gus Lewis on there but not Gary Oldman.

She did a superb job but it's tough to rank her over a lot of these performances though.

That's the thing, you can't look at it that way. You need judge each performance on it's own, much like the films.

Last edited:
01) Heath Ledger (TDK)
02) Christian Bale (TDK Trilogy)
03) Tom Hardy (TDKR)
04) Aaron Eckhart (TDK)
05) Gary Oldman (TDK)
06) Liam Neeson (BB)
07) Michael Caine (TDK Trilogy)
08) Anne Hathaway (TDKR)
09) Joseph Gordon-Levitt (TDKR)
10) Cillian Murphy (BB)

1) Christian Bale
2) Heath Ledger
3) Anne Hathaway

4) Tom Hardy
5) Aaron Eckhart & Gary Oldman (tie)
6) Michael Caine
7) Cillian Murphy
9) Liam Neeson & Joseph Gordon Levitt (tie)
10) Morgan Freeman and Marion Cotillard (tie)

Maggie did a great job also.

Last edited:
Anyone who says Bale was underwhelming in his performance in TDK quite simply doesn't know what they're talking about.

It's so layered, so subtle, without using gushing speeches, or tons of focus from a plot perspective or in dialogue. He conveys extreme anger, intensity, sorrow, and stress without having to go over the top.

That's ELITE level acting.

Well said :up:

1.) Heath Ledger-TDK
2.) Tom Hardy - TDKR
3.) Christian Bale - Batman Begins / TDKR
4.) Joseph Gordon Levitt - TDKR
5.)Gary Oldman - TDKR
6.) Cillian Murphy - Batman Begins
7.)Liam Neeson - Batman Begins/TDKR
8.) Aaron Eckhart - TDK
9. ) Tom Wilkinson - Batman Begins
10. ) Anne Hathaway - TDKR
11.) can't leave out Morgan Freeman for the whole trilogy
12.) same goes to Michael Caine. lol

5.)Gary Oldman - TDKRl

Really? I thought TDKR was Oldman's least impressive outing in the trilogy. He spent half of it in a hospital bed. TDK was by far his glory hour, IMO. So much great material to work with there.

Ledger and Bale are tops for me. The rest depends on my mood. It would be difficult to rank Anne over Tom, or vice versa, etc. over the others because all were excellent in their own ways.

Really? I thought TDKR was Oldman's least impressive outing in the trilogy. He spent half of it in a hospital bed. TDK was by far his glory hour, IMO. So much great material to work with there.
i know it's an unusual choice, lol. idunno, something about it. he seemed the most oldman-esque in that movie and well.... i just really love oldman. lmao. and i also love any time in comics, movies, etc. when gordon actually finds out who batman really is. the connection felt really strong at that moment.

I was surprised at how much Gordon seemed to be put back in TDKR.

A lot of stuff that could've easily gone to Gordon were given to characters like Blake and Foley IMO.

I would've liked Gordon getting his own peace in the movie. Gordon rising from his situation as well. From family leaving him to family coming back. It seems like he's forever destined to be alone up on the rooftop (seeing the repaired signal), potentially assisting Blake's efforts to fight crime.

Yeah Gordon was still on his own and presumably still a disgraced Commissioner.... for keeping Dent's lie at the end of the trilogy. Jeez Nolan for such a great great character give him a nice ending at least.

Of course there arguments that he was probably forgiven but still, it isn't shown.

A lot of stuff that could've easily gone to Gordon were given to characters like Blake and Foley IMO.
Well the reason Blake gets so much screen time is because of the ending. Nolan works backwards in producing his stories. He came up with the idea of a character who potentially has to carry the legcay and symbol of Batman forward, thus making Batman the symbol Bruce intended. And even though it's pretty decent at times, character like Gordon, Alfred, and hell even Bruce who have been there for the ENTIRE trilogy suffer in terms of screen time and focus as a result.

I didn't mind that Blake and Foley performed a lot of the tasks Gordon would have normally. But given the fact that Jim was a lot older, it makes sense that he wouldn't have been able to "keep up" with the bad guys like usual. But he still had some awesome moments, like fending for himself in the hospital and disarming the bomb during the climax.

But for me, Oldman's performances rank as follows:

TDK
TDKR
BB

1. Tom Hardy
2. Heath Ledger
3. Gary Oldman
4. Aaron Eckhart
5. Anne Hathaway
6. Christian Bale
7. JGL
8. Michael Caine