Top 10 MCU Film Fight Scenes

Zorro

IncognitoX
Reaction score
After 10 years of the MCU so far, which movie action scenes/battles or fight scenes are in your Top 10? Very tough choices but I have to go with..

1- Battle in Wakanda - Avengers: Infinity War

2- Airport Battle - Captain America: Civil War

3- Battle on Titan - Avengers: Infinity War

4 - Battle of New York - The Avengers

5- Final Battle - Avengers: Age of Ultron

6 - Iron Man vs Captain America and Winter Soldier - Captain America: Civil War

7- Thor vs Surtur - Thor: Ragnarok

8- Hulk vs Hulk Buster Iron Man - Avengers: Age of Ultron

9- Iron Man and War Machine vs Hammer Drones and Whiplash - Iron Man 2

10- Steve Rogers vs Winter Solider Highway Fight - Captain America: The Winter Soldier

10: Battle in Wakanda (Infinity Wars)
9: Helicarrier Battle (Winter Soldier)
8: Thor vs Hela (Thor: Ragnarok)
7: Winter Soldier vs Black Panther (Civil War)
6: Highway Battle (Winter Soldier)
5: Seoul Car-Chase (Black Panther)
4: Steve vs Tony (Civil War)
3: Mar-Vell’s Laboratory Battle (Captain Marvel)
2: Airport Fight (Civil War)
1: Battle on Titan (Infinity Wars)

There’s too many great fights to narrow down, honestly. I left the Battle of New York and Sekovia Battle off the list just because they feel too similar to me, but I really LOVE the opening battle of AoU. My least favorite is probably the third act battle of Black Panther.

1. Iron Man vs. Captain America & Winter Soldier, Civil War - This felt like years in the making and it ended up being surprisingly brutal and emotional. I loved it.

2. Battle of New York, The Avengers - Still the standout for superhero team action. This battle was when the MCU truly became the phenomenon it is now.

3. Thanos vs. Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, and The Guardians of the Galaxy, Infinity War - Great action, great emotion, great stakes. Really any time we get to see Doctor Strange in action is a treat.

4. Thor vs. Hulk, Ragnarok - The ultimate showdown between the Avengers powerhouses.

5. Airport Battle, Civil War - Tends to get more hype than my #1 choice, but I don't feel the stakes are as great. Crazy fun though.

6. New York Sanctum Battle, Doctor Strange - I thought it was clever with the use of portals and magical objects involved.

7. Second Battle of Sokovia, Age of Ultron - I have my issues with AoU being a drag at points and overly long. Not here though. The final act was spectacular.

8. Captain America vs. Thorin Oakennazi, The First Avenger - This chase scene through 1940s New York while Steve Rogers is adjusting to his new body is quietly one of my favorite action scenes in the MCU.

9. Hulk vs. Abomination, The Incredible Hulk - Now this was what we wanted out of a Hulk movie!

10. Black Panther vs. Killmonger (Waterfall Battle), Black Panther - Maybe the most beautiful looking fight, and yet again had stakes and emotion.

Honorable Mentions: Ant-Man vs. Yellowjacket (Ant-Man), Captain America Elevator Fight (The Winter Soldier), Captain America & Black Widow vs. Winter Soldier Highway Fight (The Winter Soldier), Vers vs. Old Lady Skrull (Captain Marvel), Hulk vs. Hulkbuster (Age of Ultron)

Last edited:
The Sanctum Battle! I knew I was forgetting good ones.

8. Captain America vs. Thorin Oakennazi, The First Avenger - This chase scene through 1940s New York while Steve Rogers is adjusting to his new body is quietly one of my favorite action scenes in the MCU.

Wait a sec...was that Richard Armitage, and I’ve never known?

1. Thanos vs Tony, Strange, Spidey and 3/6 of GOTG. Spectacular on every level - despite being almost 100% cgi it manages to be exciting and suspenseful and everything a battle between super heroes should be.

2. Civil War airport battle....we all know why !

3. Cap vs Tony ( Civil War) a lot of raw emotion and as with all great fight scenes it has a narrative and isn't just aimless punching. It made me a real believer in the MCU.

4. The Battle of Xandar ( GOTG). This is total Star Wars - with multiple battles going on simultaneously, and all of them exciting, and in the end it's not strength or weapons that save the day but the power of friendship.

5. Thor v Hulk ( Ragnarok) the ultimate MCU smackdown. Could have been a little longer though.

6. Freeway battle - Cap the Winter soldier. Fight choreography levels up big time.

7.battle of the Bifrost ( Ragnarok) manages to be a sword fight, fist fight and gun fight all in one. The stakes are enormous, it's intense but also fun, and Led Zeppelin....so it's got to be awesome.

8.the Lemurian Star, not just Cap sweeping the deck but Cap vs GSP! En francais, formidable !

9.Battle of Manhattan, the Avengers. Still awesome even 7 years later.

10.Hulk vs Hulkbuster, wow that kicked things up a notch.

11. Honourable mention
-Tony escapes the cave ( Iron Man)
- Thor vs Kurse
-Hela vs the Asgardian army
-Strange vs Dormammu, the smartest ever solution in the face of impossible odds.

-

Last edited:
10- Iron Man vs Obadiah Stane/Iron Monger (2008)

9- Hulk vs Abomination (2008)
8- Captain America vs Winter Soldier final fight scene (2014)

7- Thor vs Loki (2011)
6- Doctor Strange vs Dormmamu (2016)
5- Battle on Titan Infinity War (2018)
4- Battle of New York (2012)
3- T'Challa vs Killmonger final fight scene (2018)

2- Cap and Bucky vs Tony (2016)
1- Battle of Wakanda Infinity War (2018)

1. Cap vs WS highway fight.
2. Dr strange vs Thanos ( the whole sequence on titan was epic, but strange and Thanos stood out for me)
3. Cap Marvel vs Kree battle ships
5. Thor vs Hela's undead army
5. Battle of New York, (Avengers)
6. Cap & Bucky vs Iron man
7. Civil war airport scene.
8. Battle of Wakanda
9. Black Panther vs M'Baku and Black Panther vs Killmonger( Water fall)
10. Dr. Strange vs Dormmamu.

Honourable mentions:
Cap elevator fight
Black widow's hallway fight in iron man 2
Bucky's car chase scene in civil war
Captain marvel vs the LD lady skrull
Bucky vs soldiers vs Steve in the stairwell (civil war)
Gotg vs Ronan.
Gotg vs Ego

1 Avengers Battle of New York
2 Civil War Tony v Steve and Bucky
3 Infinity War Battle of Titan
4 Civil War airport fight
5 AoU Sokovia battle
6 Dr Strange v Dormamu
7 Civil War Steve and Bucky in the stairwell
8 Antman v Cross on the Thomas trainset
9 Thor v Hulk on Sakaar
10 Ragnarok Thor and Crew on Bifrost

Thor vs Cap vs Tony in the first Avengers film...that was a great opening fight scene

1. Battle on the Bifrost (Ragnarok)
2. Battle on Titan (Infinity War)
3. Thor vs Hulk (Ragnarok)
4. Highway Fight (Winter Soldier)
5. Cap and Winter Soldier vs Iron Man (Civil War)
6. Battle of Wakanda (Infinity War)
7. Hallway Fight (Daredevil Season 1)
8. Guardians vs Ego (GotG 2)
9. Airport Battle (Civil War)
10. Battle at the Triskellion (Winter Soldier)

Honorable Mentions:
Stairwell Fight (Daredevil Season 2)
Hallway Fight (Defenders)
Battle on Xandar (GotG)
Elevator Fight (Winter Soldier)
Battle of Sokovia (Age of Ultron)
Battle of New York (Avengers)
Thor vs Frost Giants (Thor)
Daisy Johnson vs Ghost Rider (Agents of Shield)

Last edited:
I'm kinda surprised that the civil war airport battle and battle on Wakanda aren't on the top of most people's lists. I love them so much and think they're so badass, I assumed people find them among the best

I'm kinda surprised that the civil war airport battle and battle on Wakanda aren't on the top of most people's lists. I love them so much and think they're so badass, I assumed people find them among the best

I love the airport fight: great choreography there. The Battle in Wakanda doesn’t do it for me, though. Too quick, and the choreography isn’t as interesting to me.

I really enjoyed the airport fight - it's my #9 - some great moments like Spidey vs Bucky/Falcon and Scott going Giant. An airport's a kind of dull setting though, the stakes aren't as high as most MCU fights and the most powerful Avengers are either missing or holding back.

The Battle of Wakanda includes some of my favorite moments in the MCU (Thor arriving with Stormbreaker, Scarlet Witch holding off Thanos and destroying the mind stone) so it's my #6 but other parts of it are a bit more generic so overall I can think of a few fights I like more.

Last edited:
I love the airport fight: great choreography there. The Battle in Wakanda doesn’t do it for me, though. Too quick, and the choreography isn’t as interesting to me.

Same. The Wakanda battle feels a bit generic but the Airport battle is something really special as it manages to juggle all of the characters brilliantly......except Vision who spends most of it doing bugger all.
The Cap v Spidey and Giant Man bits are still fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"