Top Gun: Maverick

Top Gun: Maverick - Box Office Mojo

I wonder if it has enough box office left in the tank to make $700 million domestic. $675-$680 million, yes. $700 million seems like a longshot.
With the slim pickings at theaters the next couple months, it may just get there. I can't imagine theater chains are happy that the studios crammed everything into May-July and then left them nothing of note in August and September.

With the slim pickings at theaters the next couple months, it may just get there. I can't imagine theater chains are happy that the studios crammed everything into May-July and then left them nothing of note in August and September.

That actually leaves things open for Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero to have a good theatrical run. The film is getting a pretty big release this month. It's probably the biggest release for an anime film in North America ever, at least since Pokemon Mewtwo Strikes Back in 1999.

Yeah, not counting 2020 for obvious reasons, this has been the quietest late summer at the box office in a long time, maybe since 2015?

Yeah, not counting 2020 for obvious reasons, this has been the quietest late summer at the box office in a long time, maybe since 2015?
I get that August and September are typically some of the slowest months for the box office but it makes no sense that they are doing nothing this year.

It bears repeating that it's incredible how well this film is doing and just the strength of its legs. The box office may not be what it was in the before times, but Top Gun Maverick doing so well and for the conversation of a big box office draw not being a superhero movie for once is a breath of fresh air, I feel.

But on top of that, it just being an incredible, accessible movie. I'm not saying anything new, but with each new milestone that the film reaches, it's just a testament to its enduring strength at the box office and how, again, this is the sort of movie that the movie industry and audiences alike needed.

Every time I see a post about a film’s impressive box office by Luiz Fernando, I expect to see a movie poster where everyone’s face is photoshopped into a smile like that Dune poster. I will accept nothing less from now on.

So Maverick actually went up 2% this weekend from last lol.

Didn't realise that the weekend haul put Maverick in second place in its 12th weekend!

Has any other movie climbed back to #2 in it's 12th week?

There is basically no competition in cinema. I cant believe how scorched plate there is and how no studio saw it as opening for taking a chance and releasing movie with good word of mouth . I mean if Prey was released in cinema it would made good run for instance. Still congrats to Maverick.

^ At this point I'd say it has some box office left in the tank too, especially with the Labor Day holiday weekend coming up.

^ At this point I'd say it has some box office left in the tank too, especially with the Labor Day holiday weekend coming up.
I thought they wouldn't announce a digital release date until they either hit $700M or it got to the end of their 120-day theatrical-only window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"