Age of Extinction Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plot Details
http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...heading-to-michigan-new-plot-details-revealed

As humanity picks up the pieces, following the conclusion of Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Autobots and Decepticons have all but vanished from the face of the planet. However, a group of powerful, ingenious businessman and scientists attempt to learn from past Transformer incursions and push the boundaries of technology beyond what they can control – all while an ancient, powerful Transformer menace sets Earth in his crosshairs. The epic adventure and battle between good and evil, freedom and enslavement ensues.

Unicron?

Scientists messing with TF tech/DNA....we may start seeing those hybrids from the toyline.

Isn't this the third time we'll be seeing an ancient evil of some sort?

The new plot details are very interesting, but I personally hope the ancient evil ISNT Unicron, in my mind, its too early in the franchise for him, do Unicron when you arent going to continue the franchise as you dont get a bigger threat than him.

I personally hope its Thunderwing instead, who I find a more interesting villain anyway, and was a major villain in the TPB Stormbreaker, which was amazing.

As for the humans involvement, it points to the pretenders (I think that was their name?), humans who were able to pilot vehicle's and transform them into protoforms like TFs as well. The same humans found the Dinobots and tried to harness them, so it could be that as well. Either way its very interesting news.

Yeah...I hope that Hot Rod is in it. Wasn't there a 'racecar driver' character in the cast? Perfect for Hot Rod to finally come in. For some odd reason, he's been a very underused/neglected character in the Bay movies and the recent cartoons. I know that Bumblebee is a hybrid character, but so was Rogue and Kitty in the X-Men movies and yet they are co-existing despite the redundancy.

Wreck-Gar voiced by Weird Al Yankovic. Make it so.

As "bad" as TF2 was, that doesn't necessarily mean "ancient evil" is a bad thing. These are all ancient creatures.

That being said, I'm curious if they will finally go with the Unicron angle. Seems like the logical choice.

^Shame.

I watched TF1 the other day, and I still maintain that it is a very good movie, and very under-rated as well, Bay got a bit closer to that level with DOTM, but hopefully with TF4 he can get that little bit closer and we can return to the level of TF1.

if it's going to be an entirely new cast (both human and robot) why not introduce Rodimus Prime and his crew?

One thing's for certain, there are going to be explosions.

One thing's for certain, there are going to be explosions.

Nah, I feel like Bay is going to take it in a different direction this time, and maybe even have some well fleshed out characters. No explosions whatsoever.

Glad to see Stanley Tucci cast, he is a good actor, wonder what role he will be playing?

Probably an obstructive bureaucrat, similar to the last few flicks featuring Oscar caliber actors.

Yeah, probably will be similar to Turturro.

So who is Optimus Prime going to savagely murder in TF4?

I hope Michael Bay don't screw this up. He should just base this off the cartoon with hot rod and Unicron ...... This better be good. I hope he use Ultra Magnus and have Optimus Prime dying like the cartoon moive

th

For me, each movie has been getting worse. I remember in the last one, they were fighting and having a meaningless debate at the same time. The fight scene actually made me fall to sleep (first for me). But I can hope they will surprise me and do something different this time.

Anyone suggesting Optimus should be killed off are totally wrong, he is the lifeblood of this franchise and always will be, killing him off in the animated movie made the cartoon lose a lot of fans.

As for Stanley Tucci, I have a feeling he will be playing a bad guy for some reason. And yeah, please give us Ultra Magnus now, and dont you dare kill him Bay!

Anyone suggesting Optimus should be killed off are totally wrong, he is the lifeblood of this franchise and always will be, killing him off in the animated movie made the cartoon lose a lot of fans.

Yeah, maybe if we didn't go that route in ROTF it would work but it didn't do the flick any favors. The more Optimus around the better film we will get. He clearly is the one who owns these films.

I hope they fix the problem of how they get rid of him every 10 min then have him showing up at the last second. That got real annoying in DOTM. That puppet scene was ****ing embarrassing. Can't believe it took three autobots to get him down from a wire after defeating the drillbot at ease. They really ran out of ideas to keep him off screen.

Last edited:
They need to have him basically be partnered with someone throughout the thing like Shia was with Bumblebee. But they like to bust him out for heroic moments as some kind of deus ex machina, that's the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"