Revenge of the Fallen Soundwave is definately going to be in this one.

I wouldnt get my hopes up for Soundwave in TF 2 based on this interview.

Aside from the statements made by Bay that they were going to be releasing false info to trick the fan boys, ORCI was the writter that had both the characters of Frenzy and Blackout being called Soundwave in the early drafts of the first film.

Its obivous that ORCI does not have a true understanding of just what Soundwave meens to the fans.

So even if he delivers Soundwave in the 2nd film its very likely that it wont be done right.

That is exactly how I wanted Megatron to sound in the Transformers movie. There is nothing meek about the voice. The raspy sound feels a lot more intimidating than Weavings voice.

I disagree, Weavings sounded more powerful and authoritave to me. To each his own i guess.

I'm also in the "Welker should have been Megatron" camp. I didn't hate Hugo Weaving's performance and I would rate him as being third on who I think did the best job in the role, but I simply feel there wasn't any real reason for Bay not to bring back Welker. Especially seeing how Weaving's voice was altered and the same likely would've been done to Welker's.

Ideally, Frank Welker would be doing the voices of both Megatron and Soundwave again in the film franchise, but what's done is done. This was just a missed oppurtunity on Bay's part, IMO.

IMO Weaving was more than a adequate replacement.

I'm also in the "Welker should have been Megatron" camp. I didn't hate Hugo Weaving's performance and I would rate him as being third on who I think did the best job in the role, but I simply feel there wasn't any real reason for Bay not to bring back Welker. Especially seeing how Weaving's voice was altered and the same likely would've been done to Welker's.

Ideally, Frank Welker would be doing the voices of both Megatron and Soundwave again in the film franchise, but what's done is done. This was just a missed oppurtunity on Bay's part, IMO.
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Welker was brought in and tested for the role. However the years had not been kind to his voice and it didn't work well anymore. Now, that aside, given the design for Megatron, I personaly don't think Welker's voice would have worked.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Welker was brought in and tested for the role. However the years had not been kind to his voice and it didn't work well anymore. Now, that aside, given the design for Megatron, I personaly don't think Welker's voice would have worked.

I've never been entirely convinced of the argument that his voice hasn't aged well because I think that he hit the right note in the Wal-Mart exclusive DVD, and I think there were moments of him sounding good in the video game. I think its just a matter of Welker dusting off the voice and getting a good performance out of him. Personally, I don't think Weaving's voice fit movie Megatron any better than Welker. All Bay would've had to do was make his voice deeper, which was pretty much what was done to Weaving's voice.

Either way, Frank Welker is just as much a part of TF history as Peter Cullen is, and deserves to have a role in the film. So here's hoping that Bay brings him back to voice Soundwave.

Aside from the statements made by Bay that they were going to be releasing false info to trick the fan boys, ORCI was the writter that had both the characters of Frenzy and Blackout being called Soundwave in the early drafts of the first film.

Its obivous that ORCI does not have a true understanding of just what Soundwave meens to the fans.

So even if he delivers Soundwave in the 2nd film its very likely that it wont be done right.

To be fair, I think Blackout could've worked as Soundwave. All they would have had to do was redesign the head slightly, use Ravage instead of Scorponok and maybe throw in Laserbeak, give him some dialouge, and not kill him off at the end.

To be fair, I think Blackout could've worked as Soundwave. All they would have had to do was redesign the head slightly, use Ravage instead of Scorponok and maybe throw in Laserbeak, give him some dialouge, and not kill him off at the end.

Ehhhhhh.........I'm not so sure if I would agree.

It has also been said that the main reason they changed those characters was because they weren't right for the character.

It has also been said that the main reason they changed those characters was because they weren't right for the character.

And thats my point.

ORCI is the writter that claimed that Soundwave will be in TF 2.But he is also the guy that called Frenzy & Blackout by the name of Soundwave in the first drafts of the first film.

Which had to be changed because the name didnt fit the characters shown in the film.

So what makes anybody thing he's going to write the character right this time around????

He already got it wrong twice before.

And thats my point.

ORCI is the writter that claimed that Soundwave will be in TF 2.But he is also the guy that called Frenzy & Blackout by the name of Soundwave in the first drafts of the first film.

Which had to be changed because the name didnt fit the characters shown in the film.

So what makes anybody thing he's going to write the character right this time around????

He already got it wrong twice before.
He was trying to adapt a character that turned from a giant robot down into a portable cassette player. How would you adapt that?
Here's my fly-on-the-wall take on it...
Well, lets try a wicked helicopter used for communications, not that won't work. Hmm, hey, what about a small boom-box that transforms into a small robot, nah. Hmm, better just leave him out until we can get this right.

He was trying to adapt a character that turned from a giant robot down into a portable cassette player. How would you adapt that? .

That has nothing to do with my point.

Here's my fly-on-the-wall take on it...
Well, lets try a wicked helicopter used for communications, not that won't work. Hmm, hey, what about a small boom-box that transforms into a small robot, nah. Hmm,

I have no problems with them having to change Soundwaves Alt mode.Just do the character some justice.

better just leave him out until we can get this right.

I have no problems with them leaving him out ether.

My problems with the writter creating these two characters and thinking he can just slap the name on them the way he tried.

It shows that he has no understanding of the characters.

My problems with the writter creating these two characters and thinking he can just slap the name on them the way he tried.

It shows that he has no understanding of the characters.
And you have proof that this is what he did, or are you assuming he did this?

And you have proof that this is what he did, or are you assuming he did this?

The proof is in the first few original drafts of the film.And they are quite well known.

The proof is in the fact that he wrote those characters and then named them Soundwave at one point or an other.

Where's the "Assuming" part.

Even you eluded to knowing that at some point in the first films development both the characters of Frenzy and Blackout were called Sondwave till it was decided that the characters did not fit the name of Soundwave.

So what does that prove to you????

Ether he created the characters first and then slapped the name Soundwave on them.......

Or........

He decided on useing the name Soundwave first and then wrote for the character..... 2 times......on 2 different drafts getting nether characteraztion right.

Proving one way or the other he has no understanding of how to write for Soundwave.

Wasn't Frenzy's name in that other script called Soundbyte?

Ehhhhhh.........I'm not so sure if I would agree.

To each their own.

But another reason why I think Blackout could've worked as Soundwave, that I forgot to mention before, was that the MH-53 was designed for infiltration missions.

To each their own.

But another reason why I think Blackout could've worked as Soundwave, that I forgot to mention before, was that the MH-53 was designed for infiltration missions.

As an alt mode Blackouts designed would have been fine for Soundwave...at least IMHO.

But I felt he wasnt givin enough character to be Soundwave.

As an alt mode Blackouts designed would have been fine for Soundwave...at least IMHO.

But I felt he wasnt givin enough character to be Soundwave.

They definitely would've needed to give him more to do, had they gone with the idea. As long as he was given more character, Blackout-Soundwave could've worked, IMO.

They definitely would've needed to give him more to do, had they gone with the idea. As long as he was given more character, Blackout-Soundwave could've worked, IMO.

Yeah it wouldnt have been bad....if it were written right.

My idea for Soundwave is pretty simple. Have him a military spy vehicle and have Lazerbeak be a flying satellite which when attached to Soundwave would allow him to take over other robots and increase the frequency range so he could contact other bots on Cybertron. This way there is a reason for Lazerbeak to be around and useful. Then make Ravage the Cam-am Sypder which was seen on set by the way. Ravage could be inside of Soundwave while is vehicle form and come out when ever a he transformers. I could imagine it now like Acree or somebody chasing down Soundwave in a desert or open road and Ravage popping out of the back of Soundwave and he distracts her/him while Soundwave gets away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"