Transformers Transformers Classics

OptimusPrimeRib

Civilian
Reaction score
I usually don't start threads, in fact this might be my first one. Anyway there was no other thread devoted to just the classics line and I felt it deserved one, it is the most current line being produced and the toys are awesome. These are the best TF's I've ever owed and that includes the originals, which I still have most of. One thing I do find curious about the line is the selection of characters so far. Astrotrain and Mirage, while I love them both I figured they would have produced some of the more popular characters before they got to them, like Jazz and the other jets. So here it is like 'em, hate 'em, just don't care...if so don't post let the tread wither away.

Actually, there were a couple threads on this already:

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233710

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223997

But there hasn't been any fresh ones, though. :cwink:

For the most part Classics is awesome - I just wish Hasbro wouldn't get so excited with the repaint thing yet: the Constructicons are Energon repaints, Cliffjumper's a Bumblebee repaint, and Ultra Magnus is, yep, you guessed it, an Optimus Prime repaint. I want more new molds, dammit.

Sorry I guess I should have searched a little harder, but then again I am somewhat lazy, oh well. I'm not a big fan of the repaints either. So far I'm only lacking Megatron, Constructicons, and the Ultra Magnus/Skywarp set. Do we have any idea how long this line is supposed to last?

Only a couple waves, according to Hasbro - they're gonna be shutting everything down TF-wise to make way for stuff promoting the movie, with no confirmation of whether Classics or Alternators is going to pick up again afterward.

That blows, I don't really have any interest in buying any of the movie toys. The classics on the other hand I would continue to buy as long as they continued to make new ones.

Looks like we'll be able to purchase the tank version of Megatron from Optimus/Megatron two pack by itself soon. Appears he will be released as a deluxe figure. Good news for me, I was considering buying the set just to get the Megatron. The Optimus in that set looks odd.

That blows, I don't really have any interest in buying any of the movie toys. The classics on the other hand I would continue to buy as long as they continued to make new ones.

Well, curiously, a lot of stuff coming out tied into the movie is actually based on G1 - apart from the Optimus Prime Potato Head figure (Optimash Prime), there's also transforming Popple-like plushies that are G1-styled, and Hasbro's also planning a line of 3-inch 'kiddie-cutesy' figures akin to what they've been doing lately with Star Wars and Marvel (the ones I saws pictured at Seibertron were Optimus and Ravage).

love the classics line. so far i've managed to get my hands on

Grimlock
Mirage
Hot Rod
Ultra Magnus
Starscream
Skywarp
Ramjet
Astrotrain

i think i'm going after bumblebee next, i'm also getting megatron and the G1 soundwave rerelease for my bday

The only thing I don't like about the line is the lack of Deceps. There aren't enough compared to the Autobots.

Anyway I have:

OP vs Megatron set
Ultra Magnus vs Skywarp set
Starscream
Bumblebee
Hot Rod

i wish they'd release wheeljack, ironhide, jazz, and ratchet. this news of them shutting everything down for the movie toys is depressing. hopefully they'll start the lines back up

i wish they'd release wheeljack, ironhide, jazz, and ratchet. this news of them shutting everything down for the movie toys is depressing. hopefully they'll start the lines back up

I know I'm really suprised they went with Jetfire, Grimlock, and Hotrod in front of the characters you just mentioned. Grimlock was suprise in terms of how much I like the toy, he was one I was least interested in finding. Even as a kid I never liked TF that turned into things other than mechanical devices, I just seemed pointless. The whole point of the alt mode was to be a disguise, and turning into a giant mechanical dinosaur didn't exactly allow you to blend in. None the less I really like Grimlock they did a great job on him.

I just picked up Starscream and Bumblebee. I hope to get my hand on the rest save Megatron and Optimus (if I get new versions of them it will be Master piece figs).

I really don't mind the repainting. Hell I wish Hasbro would repaint Starscream into Thundercracker, and put the Skywarp repaint into wider release.

The classics Bumble bee is all kinds of awesome. Considering that most of his other toys have to put lightly, sucked.

I found a Megatron while at Target getting the Ultra Magnus/Skywarp set, I think I'll take him apart, repaint him, and make it so that the "wings" easily detach to give a more G1 feel.

I found a Megatron while at Target getting the Ultra Magnus/Skywarp set, I think I'll take him apart, repaint him, and make it so that the "wings" easily detach to give a more G1 feel.

good call. the skywarp vs ultra magnus set is also great, i'm looking at my skywarp in jet mode right now and he looks amazing. i love the paint job, he looks so smooth and dangerous.

good call. the skywarp vs ultra magnus set is also great, i'm looking at my skywarp in jet mode right now and he looks amazing. i love the paint job, he looks so smooth and dangerous.

So which jets are left? Dirge, Thundercraker, and Thrust?

I wonder if they will make an Ironhide? And if so will be still be a minivan? I would think Ironhide would be a natural choice for this line since A) he was popular and, B) the colors can be changed to make Rachet off the same mold. They could update them to be SUV's and still maintain the same feel as the original characters.

I think that the classics line is only going to have TF's that didn't get a good treatment from the Alternators line. Like most Decpticons would. Wheeljack and Jazz (and most other car series Autobots) got really great Alternator figures (that I really want). But Grimlock, Megatron, Starscream, and Hot rod were just ill conceived. What I would want is for them to give wave 3 a proper round out. Snarl and Slag for the Autobot's. And 2 inseticons. Then wave 4 is the constructicons. Yes just contructicons. Kick ass articulated indiviuals that form a kick ass articulated Devatator. Then do the Stunticons or Protectabots.

I believe the Constructicons are already out in the classics line. They come in a Wal-Mart exclusive gift set. They appear to be repaints of their previous incarnation from the Energon line.

I think that the classics line is only going to have TF's that didn't get a good treatment from the Alternators line. Like most Decpticons would. Wheeljack and Jazz (and most other car series Autobots) got really great Alternator figures (that I really want). But Grimlock, Megatron, Starscream, and Hot rod were just ill conceived. What I would want is for them to give wave 3 a proper round out. Snarl and Slag for the Autobot's. And 2 inseticons. Then wave 4 is the constructicons. Yes just contructicons. Kick ass articulated indiviuals that form a kick ass articulated Devatator. Then do the Stunticons or Protectabots.

that's a good theory, except that mirage had an awesome alternators figure and he was one of the first classics figures.

I wonder if they will make an Ironhide? And if so will be still be a minivan? I would think Ironhide would be a natural choice for this line since A) he was popular and, B) the colors can be changed to make Rachet off the same mold. They could update them to be SUV's and still maintain the same feel as the original characters.

i hope so, preffereably with an H2 type suv. part of me thinks they're not doing certain characters who appear in the movie. i mean, they had to do optimus, and bumblebee is a totally type of car, ironhide, and jazz would be pretty similar. i don't know. i want every G1 character to eventually be a classics figure.

that's a good theory, except that mirage had an awesome alternators figure and he was one of the first classics figures.
And Prime was a Dodge ram. Mirage was changed from a formula 1 car to a sports car. Changed classes completely. I regard the Alterantor Prime and Mirage the same as Grimlock and Starscream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"