Transformers Cybertron Film still in the works

Discussion in 'Transformers: The Last Knight & Sequels' started by Pennywise, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Pennywise Registered

Paramount/Hasbro Toy Story 4 Josh Cooley Direct Animated Transformers – Deadline

2. TheWiseGuy487 Feelin’ blue, feelin’ good

Was pretty excited at first. Then, I remembered something about John Lasseter being hired at Paramount or something.

So, I did a little digging. Turns out, he was hired as the head of Skydance Animation in January of last year. If I had to guess, it’s probably the same production house in charge of this film. There was some resistance from people in charge about the hire, but who knows if anything came of it.

Also, keep in mind Josh Cooley, the director of this film, is also a Pixar alum and directed the last Toy Story film, a property that was also Lasseter’s baby. If John Lasseter is still in play, suddenly, Cooley being hired on this project makes a lot of sense.

Man, I really hope the Lasseter thing still isn’t the case, and that Cooley isn’t someone that was in cahoots with his sexual harrassment during his tenure at Pixar. That would really extinguish my excitement for this.:(

3. Pennywise Registered

That sucks, if that turns out to be the case. :wow::huh::(

4. TheWiseGuy487 Feelin’ blue, feelin’ good

I’m really hoping it isn’t, and that Lasseter was already axed and it just hasn’t been reported at all, but, with his hiring last year at Paramount’s animation division, and Cooley being put on this project, it makes way too much sense for him to be hired as director just because he’s the right man for the job.

Most likely, Lasseter knew about Cooley because of his previous work at Pixar, notably Toy Story (for obvious reasons), probably even knew him personally, liked what he saw, had a conversation, and then hired him. The fact that Lasseter’s past harassment charges are very much public knowledge, and yet Cooley still voluntarily signed on for this film, tells me a lot about his character and his willingness to look the other way.

In short, one step forward, two steps back.

Pennywise likes this.