World Transformers powers and special abilities

tecnowraith

Sidekick
Reaction score
Can anyone here name or point out if there were any special powers and abilities that each Transformers from Gen1 to the recent cartoon and comic had besides the shifting? Like could form a small energy ball from their hand and throw it or control magnetic fields to do neat tricks? I know its an odd question but I am wandering about this for a project.

well mirage could make holograms, and megatron had like a light saber but wouldnt consider that a power. and i think soundwave and starscream might have had powers but im not sure

It seems that when the G1 show was being developed they intended for all the characters to have integeral weapons or abilities. Mirage and Hound can both project holograms. Mirage to be invisible and Hound for constructs. Other had their hands or other part slide back to reveal a weapon. Prime had the axe, Megs the flail, Skywarp had a missle launcher in his hand. Starscream had them in his shoulders. Soundwave had scanners in his wrists. Sideswipe had pneumatic hammers in his wrists. And so on.

But most were dropped during season 1.

Most of the Transformers that seemed to have "special powers" seem to have it designed into their bodys.....besides so of the already mention characters there was Rumble and Frenzy, their arms would become piledrivers so they could create earth quakes.Windcharger could create and control magnetic fields but he used it in a tactile way...lifting a few objects or keeping himself aflote.

But the only TF that I can think of that had a special power was Elita 1, she was Optimus Primes girlfriend and had the power to stop time for a shopt period.But when used it would drain her life force to almost nothing.But she was a toon only character.

Actually there is an Arcee repaint called Elita-1.

Actually there is an Arcee repaint called Elita-1.

Differen character then the one I was talking about.The one from G1 never got a toy and nether did Arcee from G1.You should know that.Or are you trying to break b@ll$:whatever:

After Energon you can't say Arcee never had a toy. Since they gave her one. Now Elita-1 has a toy. As does Chromia. That Arcee energon mold has had much life in repaints, like 5 repaints. Making 4 characters.

And there almost was a G1 Arcee toy. But like the G1 Unicron it was never more than a concept.

After Energon you can't say Arcee never had a toy. Since they gave her one. Now Elita-1 has a toy. As does Chromia. That Arcee energon mold has had much life in repaints, like 5 repaints. Making 4 characters.

And there almost was a G1 Arcee toy. But like the G1 Unicron it was never more than a concept.

That is why I made sure to say G1.........and G1 Unicron did make it to the completed prototype stage.....G1 Arcee did not.Altho there were some plaster models made of her and Elita 1 made for the Japanese market.

The G1 Arcee made it as far as Unicron. Being repaint or Chromdome and all.

The G1 Arcee made it as far as Unicron. Being repaint or Chromdome and all.

I've seen those pictures and I dont think they were offical.They were basicly ether fan made or a quick idea someone at Takara or Hasbro thought might be useable to go along with the U.S. Headmasters story..."The Rebirth" Arcee was a Headmaster in that toon.

The original concept for Arcee's character and toy were developed at the same time as the 86 movie and was to be realeased with the other figures released that year.That was the same time as the second season of the show was being produce.The concert models for both Arcee and Unicron were on the drawing board at the smame time as the Scramble City Transformers and the autobot triple changers.

Thats almost a full year before the Headmasters were in the concept stage.And even more time pased before they chose to make Arcee a headmaster.

Can anyone here name or point out if there were any special powers and abilities that each Transformers from Gen1 to the recent cartoon and comic had besides the shifting? Like could form a small energy ball from their hand and throw it or control magnetic fields to do neat tricks? I know its an odd question but I am wandering about this for a project.
This is all very ironic considering complaints about the new TF cartoon but.

Starscream - ability to nullify electronic devices
Thundercracker - sonic booms
Brawn - superior strength
Windcharger/Bluestreak - superspeed
Prowl - could uplink his battle computer to the internet
Jazz - grappling hook
Windcharger - magnetism
Megatron - multiple/various, battle energy mace
Optimus Prime - energy axe
Hound - holograms
Mirage - invisibility
Trailbreaker - forcefields
Chip Chase - Courage!
Rumble - Rumblers
Frenzy - same as rumble, the comic version could create disrupting waves of sound
Soundwave - soundwaves
Skywarp - teleportation
Reflector - cloning (assumed)
Insecticons - could create cloned drones (for a while at least - Scourge may have had this power as well)
Blurr - superspeed
Smokescreen - smokescreens
Huffer - being a wuss
Gears - being a malcontent (apparently though, that was good for something. see: Changing Gears)
Wheeljack - fire-******ant foam
Hotspot - ironically could create fireblasts
Punch - could transform into a Decepticon "Counterpunch"
Grimlock - superior strength
Slag - Had some sort of electroshock abilities generated from his horns
Snarl - had an extremely powerful tail
Sludge - could create earthquakes like Rictor of X-Force

God Ginrai had various powers including a blast made up of earth, sky and soul energy. Deszaurus seemed to have powers, albiet not well defined. The Pretenders of Masterforce were all elemental based characters, most seemed more suited for hand to hand combat, in addition their weapons and shells could disapate.

Most of the combiners had some powers too in gestalt mode. Computron, for example, had a near infinite brain capacity and super-computer fueled brain. Defensor could set up forcefields. Superion could fly (a rarity for Autobots at the time of his creation).

Here are some pic's of the protype Unicrom a a link to others

http://www.transformersontheshelf.com/UnicronPage.html

tfa_unicron8.jpg

unicron30-366x454.png

This is all very ironic considering complaints about the new TF cartoon but.

Starscream - ability to nullify electronic devices
Thundercracker - sonic booms
Brawn - superior strength
Windcharger/Bluestreak - superspeed
Prowl - could uplink his battle computer to the internet
Jazz - grappling hook
Windcharger - magnetism
Megatron - multiple/various, battle energy mace
Optimus Prime - energy axe
Hound - holograms
Mirage - invisibility
Trailbreaker - forcefields
Chip Chase - Courage!

So you like Dr.Smooth???????????

Hot Rod also had the cutting saw on his right arm when his hand retracted

well was just continuing the theme from shadows post

Jazz - grappling hook for example

Grimlock and Slag both had flameprojectors in their mouths. Grimlock also had a laser, depending on who wrote the episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"