Transformers : Prime

Destructus86

Superhero
Reaction score
Anyone else watch this show?

When I first heard about it (not until it came out on Netflix recently for streaming) the first thing that came into my mind was "Oh no...another crappy Transformers show"

But I was totally surprised. the first couple of episodes I found the humans to be pretty annoying but they seemed to tone them down as the season progressed. It has some minor Bay influence in it (meh) but for the most part this is on the level of G1 and very much like it in many ways. (yay!)

This show is the BEST Transformers show by faaaaaaaar sadly hardcore G1 fanboys can't handle the truth

I'm a big fan of Transformers Prime. I don't think it is better than Generation One, but it is pretty close. I like how they combined the movies and Generation One-don't know what other Transformers lore they've plumbed for the show-and it just goes to show how crappy Michael Bay's take on Transformers was.

Yeah the teen characters can be annoying in the first season, mainly the girl who partners up with Bulkhead, but in season two, the teens haven't gotten a lot of screentime so far.

Transformers Prime is a cross between G1 and the movies. It's probably the most realistic series ever and a great TF show to watch to pass the time for the movies to come out. The show is also renewed for a third season.

I'm a G1 fanboy and I LOVE this show. Next to Young Justice it is my favorite animated show on TV and kicks the crap out of Bay's movies. I do think that last episode was a little lazy though. An entire flashback episode? Come on. :dry:

Next episode is called Armada and looking at the preview, it's going to be intense.

One thing i'd really like to see is the Headmaster story line or at least give the kids some mechs. It'd be awesome.
I mean, the Autobots ARE outnumbered...that would give them a little bit of an edge.

Jeffrey Combs as a misanthropic Ratchet by itself makes this show watchable for me, and has made that version of Ratchet probably my favourite Autobot of all time.

Last edited:
Season 2 episode 8 got dark towards the end. This show has some really dark moments like episode 1 and Cliffjumper dying

Season 2 episode 8 got dark towards the end. This show has some really dark moments like episode 1 and Cliffjumper dying

oh man...Cliffjumper...

first he gets his spark ripped out, then he gets turned into a zombie and then cut in half and finally thrown off a very tall bridge. You'd never see something like that in G1.

One thing i'd really like to see is the Headmaster story line or at least give the kids some mechs. It'd be awesome.
I mean, the Autobots ARE outnumbered...that would give them a little bit of an edge.

I think the kids being in it anymore would make them annoying imo.

And I love that the Autobots are outnumbered for once most of the cartoons have like 6 Decepticons and 10 Autobots by the end.

Best TF show since Beast Wars. something about cgi shows, they start slow then really fly.

As for the obligatory stab at the movies, well, there's hardly ever a good series that doesn't outdo the movies. That goes for all the superhero properties as well.

And I love that the Autobots are outnumbered for once most of the cartoons have like 6 Decepticons and 10 Autobots by the end.

Yeah, but usually at least 4 of those Autobots are cheap repaints. :woot:

true but still.

poor Knockout he is getting his but kicked lately....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"