Rise of the Beasts Transformers: Rise of the Beasts General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Saw it on Paramount+
The definition of a serviceable movie. Nothing that was great. Nothing that was terrible. But it was cool. The SFX were good even on my TV. The only time I thought it looked not great was the bridge stuff during the end

The only outright bad thing I think was the main character wasn't the greatest. Kinda dull, limited personality compared to Hailee Steinfeld, Wahlberg, and Shia LaBeouf's characters and he really had nothing interesting about him. His military background was kinda useless. I also didn't like how they finally had a POC lead character and they made him a struggling dude down on his financial luck. They really should've just continued with Hailee Steinfeld's character. Also the whole Iron Man thing at the end was goofy

I think this didn't do that well at the box office for a few reasons
a) as I said it is just "servicable". I don't think servicable is enough for these big budget blockbusters anymore.
b) It's too similar to the Bay films in aesthetics. This is a reboot timeline but it really doesn't feel like it's that much different in terms of plot (it's the same macguffin plot of like most of the movies) and the robots while different looking are still too similar looking. They should've done a hard reboot.

But yeah this was ok. Don't think i'll watch it again

Good news, I really enjoyed this and hope they can continue the storylines set up in ROTB. Good to see D&D doing well on home video also.

Watched this again and I really don’t know why people are so down on this movie. DID NOT know Dinklage had voiced Scourge who I found an awesome villain here.

I think this could also be my favourite Optimus so far. Certainly in terms of design but even character wise he was good here. Bumblebee arguably has the scene of the year also.

I hope they find a way to bring back Megatron here. Frank Welker isn't getting any younger and it'd be nice to hear him playing off Peter Cullen once again.

Considering the G.I. Joe crossover is officially happening, it would be a good time to bring him and the Decepticons back.

Considering the G.I. Joe crossover is officially happening, it would be a good time to bring him and the Decepticons back.
If nothing else I hope they bring back at least a few of the classic 'Cons this time around.

I hope they find a way to bring back Megatron here. Frank Welker isn't getting any younger and it'd be nice to hear him playing off Peter Cullen once again.

I liked Scourge a lot, and hope we see another new villain here, but yes would love Megatron to come back also.

I liked Scourge a lot, and hope we see another new villain here, but yes would love Megatron to come back also.
A proper Shockwave would be my second choice. Though I wouldn't complain if they used a more obscure character like Thunderwing or Overlord.

A proper Shockwave would be my second choice. Though I wouldn't complain if they used a more obscure character like Thunderwing or Overlord.

I think Thunderwing is well overdue personally. But wouldn't say no to a proper Shockwave either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"