Transformers Transformers The Game!!!

Over here in the UK 'Game' are advertising, on their website, two Transformers game (They don't specify that it's the one from the movie) as coming out on the 20th may ('PC games') and the 20th July (XBOX 360) for £29.99 and £49.99 respectively.

ATM there was no indication of either any kind of collectors edition for either game nor was there any indication of other consoles getting either game.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158080

Transformers' Producer Bites Back at Criticism
Game producer says there is more than meets the eye in first showing.
By Philip Kollar, 03/19/2007

What's one way the potentially childhood-destroying powers of Michael Bay's upcoming Transformers film could be heightened further? A lackluster video game adaptation of the movie, naturally. Last week Activision unveiled Transformers: The Game to a group of journalists eager to see if it would match up with their wildest dreams or their darkest nightmares. And what's the word? Let's just say right now it seems to be leaning a little more towards the latter.
CVG reported on the event with a hefty dose of negativity, calling the crowd "underwhelmed" and saying that the game's physics "lacked impact during combat" They also stated that the game looked rough around the edges, lacking the detail we've come to expect from next-gen games.

The most interesting part, though, came with a later update to the story. In another case of what we can probably start calling Denis The Dyack Effect, Activision producer Callum Godfrey sent CVG a response reminding them that the game is still in development and suggesting that they were judging it far too harshly for such an early preview. Here's a segmet of the response:

"We're really disappointed you guys didn't get an accurate impression of what Transformers: The Game is all about and the direction in which we're headed. A work in progress system was shown that we finished putting together in the early hours of that morning specifically for a first-look presentation.
"We should perhaps have made it clearer to you guys that the physics system is not yet final and a large number of animations and reactions of the Transformers have yet to be implemented. These are due to come online during the next few weeks, and will help to make the player feel like they are taking heavy hits or are themselves generating considerable mass and force behind their own attacks. We agree this is crucial for a game about giant robots and this is where we're headed.

"The combat mechanics in a build we can show at this stage don't fully show the level of interaction between the Transformers in battle. The reactions are not hooked up yet, the melee combat has not been balanced and tuned for damage or impact and the enemy AI combat routines are being worked on in isolation at the moment. As I say, this was just a presentation piece to allow journalists to get a first glimpse of the game.

Godfrey assured CVG that they are still working towards delivering the best Transformers game possible.

the potentially childhood-destroying powers of Michael Bay's upcoming Transformers film

Heh.

I hope they do fix it up real nice-like, as I'm actually really looking forward to playing it. :csad:

I am assuming this game is gonna suck. I have to be convinced before I buy this...

I agree with the second part of your post Overman... but that has to do with the fact that i have to be convinced before i buy any video game

I agree with the second part of your post Overman... but that has to do with the fact that i have to be convinced before i buy any video game

I'm already convinced!!! I LOVE FREE ROAM!!!:woot::woot:

What will Collector's edition have?

WHAT colector's edition?!!? WILL IT BE FOR PS3, CAUSE I'M GETTING ON IN THREE WEEKS!!!!? SEND ME A LINK EXPLAINING THIS "COLLECTOR'S EDITION"!!!! PLEEEEESE?:heart::heart::woot::woot:

WHAT colector's edition?!!? WILL IT BE FOR PS3, CAUSE I'M GETTING ON IN THREE WEEKS!!!!? SEND ME A LINK EXPLAINING THIS "COLLECTOR'S EDITION"!!!! PLEEEEESE?:heart::heart::woot::woot:

Read Above. Somebody else said there will be a CE first, NOT me!

Ummmm.... So? Any news?

What will Collector's edition have?

Usually they have behind the scenes interviews on how the game was made. Sometimes you get extra maps/levels. Others will have collectible booklets inside.

They haven't decided yet I'd imagine.

If I had to guess though, another disc with interviews, maybe a preview clip from the film, a map and a booklet.

Still we had a chance to see the transformations in action, and though they don't have the classic noise from the original 80's show they're still really cool to watch.

:csad:
why can't they give us THAT much?

I dont understand... how is it possible that they got Welker for the game, but not for the movie? That just does not make much sense....

I have an off topic question ... I currently have an XBox, but want to get a XBox360. Does anyone know if the game places, like EBGames or GameStop, give you the option to trade? And if so, how much do they give you towards the 360? There are so many games out, and coming out, that I want and will be on the 360.

Thanks! :D

They are so different than what I expected. They are quite funny.

Welker sounds the same and I wish he was in the film. Still at least the game will sound how it should.

interesting to have both welker and weaving, but I agree with Bay, Welker's Megatron today is far more raspy and than he use to sound on the cartoon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"