Transformers Transformers The Game!!!

You can read a more detail info on the 360 version of the game right here

has anyone played or does anyone here own the japanese g1 transformers game? i think it only came out for the ps2... looks sweet tho.

SWEETNESS, HERE'S THE FIRST SCREENSHOT OF THE GAME!!!:eek: :D :up:

transformers-the-game-20070301104451432.jpg

WHOA!!!:wow:

some info about the game

BMGFX from TFW2005 said:
Console/PC info:

-9 playable characters

-XBOX 360 runs at 720p while PS3 version is at 1080p. Same assets for both games, as well as the PC version. Wii version will have same game elements but optimized graphics for the system. I assume the PS2/XB versions will follow that direction.

-Environment was much more destructible since the build shown at Toyfair. Trees, cars, fences, and poles could be ripped from the ground. If damage was done to a building, you could pick up pieces of debris and chuck it as well. Signs on buildings could be removed also. Lots of stuff at your disposal.

-You start the game with your full weapons arsenal, but you will need to learn how to operate the different parts.

-Bumblebee gameplay similar to what was shown at Toyfair. Intro to gameplay showed Bumblebee scanning the Camaro and adopting the alt mode. First mission was to intercept Decepticon drones. While it may have seemed like a normal game element, it was made more unique by the fact that you could see the Decepticons falling from the sky in protoform mode and landing on the surface causing damage. A nice precursor to the fight that comes with them. When fighting started, it was nice to see some chaos on screen. There was a lot of stuff getting destroyed, cars getting shot out of your hands when you pick them up and don't throw fast enough, and people running away from the scene.
Battle with Barricade was shown, and featured some cool Arm Swinging attack by Barricade. Not too much of the battle was played through though.

-Blackout gameplay was also shown. Control with analog sticks to navigate looked to make control pretty easy. Mission was to destroy an army base, and it was cool to use all different weapon attacks as well as using the helicopter rotors as a cutting attack. Picking up tanks to throw at planes was also cool.
The chopper element leads to low altitude flying, while jet gameplay leads to higher altitude flying. PS3 and Wii versions will use motion sensors to control flight.

-There are 9 different environments. The city was shown for the Bumblebee section , and an army base was shown during Blackout's part.

-Gameplay includes a reward system for performing certain tasks (Protecting, Destruction, Speed, etc).

-Bonus extras - G1 character skins (not new models), Tech Specs, Production assets (Movie stills and such).

-CGI Intro by Blur was amazing. It opens panning Cybertron and has narration by Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen). Highly detailed animation featuring destructive battles between the Autobots and Decepticons. Bots thrown into buildings, Prime Jumping on Megatron while in jet mode. Definitely gets you pumped up for the game.

-Menus (Not sure if final) looked simple but clean.

-The game content was almost complete, but tweaks, fine tuning, and the usual business before release still remain.

-Currently, downloadable content is not in the game plan.

-No info available yet on what will be included in the collectors edition of the game.

-Games will be released close to the movie

PSP Version

-20 playable characters

-G1 characters included

DS Version

-Two versions; Bot/Con

-Custom character can be made using 35 possible vehicle scans. Color can be customized.

-Use of movie characters as well as custom character during the game.

-Game script more G1 based. Expect to see some G1-like dialogue and story elements.

-Largest level size of any DS game to date.

-Extra challenge missions.

-While traveling through the city, any approaching vehicle could be an enemy bot.

-4 player local multiplayer can be played with any game combination.
-XP Points can unlock new abilities.

-Wifi play is enabled for daily challenges. Tasks completed in the daily challenge tally up with everyone else submitting their challenge results via wifi to make for a large scale Autobots/Decepticon battle for the Allspark. Tokens will be rewarded in daily challenges.

-Community aspect will play a part as well with online clans and other community based features on the web. Similar approach to the Tony Hawk community.

-Tokens unlock new characters and cheats.

The Console version looks pretty good. The city details looked to be cleaned up, although to hardcore gamers the city environment might not seem as pretty as other NG titles. However, when you start taking out buildings and other parts of the surroundings, you see a good amount of detail in the environment. The game looks fun, but the final verdict will be how the game feels in the final version. Sound and Control elements (Rumble, Motion sensor) will play a big part in the final experience.

The DS version looks like it is packed with content and should be a great buy for anyone with a DS. Personally, I don't have one, but the game looked like a lot of fun, and has features that will prolong the life of the game. The ability to make a custom character is a big draw for me and I'm sure many people will appreciate the feature. Made me think about buying a DS

^^^^ freakin awesome!!!! i have all those consoles but not the psp... looks like i'll be buyin three copies,one for my console and both versions for my ds

Wow, are those cut-scenes or actual gameplay. If they're actual gameplay the graphics look incredible.

those are definitely in-game graphics! :D i can't wait!

Whoa... The screen caps look awesome. I just saw the Frank Welker\Peter Cullen interview for the game and more and more I feel the game will out-do the movie. The screen caps show great more detail that those rust-bucket giant robots I've seen on the movie trailers. I definitely will pick this one up!

The screen caps show great more detail that those rust-bucket giant robots I've seen on the movie trailers.
i respect your opinion, but it's IMPOSSIBLE for the video game models to be more detailed than the movie models.

WOW, THANKS ALOT DORKY, THOSE LOOK FRESH!!!:oldrazz: JK BUDDY, PRIME LOOKS AWESOME I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS GAME!!!:eek::D:up:

Man! Just got back form the London expo and i watched a few olevels of the Game BEING PLAYED!!!!!!!!

It was awesome! The transformations are apparently the same ones we'll see in the movie but sped up.... and they were brilliant.

This wasn't the finished article but the details were there. For example when you ran in Bot Mode then you left footprints in the ground.

The Levels i saw involved Blackout attacking the Qatar base, Bumble running around town stopping Barricade and some other decepticons and finally Skorponok 'swimming' through the sand attacking whatever gets in his way.

I'm liking what I've seen of the game so far. Might buy this!

does anyone know if you can play as DECEPTICONS in the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"