Transformers Transformers to be "Bio-Mechs"!!! WTH??!!!

boywonder13

Sidekick
Reaction score
Transformers Update! Michael feeling a little Borgish?

http://iesb.net/dreamworks2006/022106.php
Author: Robert Sanchez
A few weeks ago an industry insider delivered us some very unsettling news. Michael Bay and company have been quite busy working on Transformers and the back story. From what I was told, they are trying to put something together that would sound somewhat scientifically plausible.

The Transformers are going to be Biomechanical?! WTF?! Say it ain't so Michael.
I don't mind artistic license, but how about staying loyal to the comics and cartoons? Leave the bio mechanical crap on Star Trek with them Borgs or to General Grievous on Revenge of the Sith.
I asked Don Murphy about this rumor and he said, “it ain't so...at least so far.” If this biomechanical take on the Transformers is even remotely possible, I hope that Michael realizes fans will not take to this well.
So, if by any chance Michael or anybody at Dreamworks is reading this, DON'T DO IT! For some fans you are already walking on thin ice with the fact that some of the producers are not keen on using some the original voice over actors. This rumor if true can really hurt this potential movie franchise.
On a positive note, early concept design of our beloved robots are nothing less than spectacular. According to our insider, “they look ****ing awesome!”
The IESB will keep on digging to see if there is any truth to this crazy whacked out rumor.

----

:eek: Different but might not be so bad.........

Umm, if that comes out to be true... it will be the worst thing that could happen to transformers. Just thought I'd let you know that.

This has been revealed as a rumor anyways.

It is just a rumor, rumors are evil.

I don't see whats so wrong with it. If they were truely mechanical then they couldn't die. One gets shot to hell, Replace a few parts and they're fine.

I say wait until A) You know if its true or not, then B)see how they're going to handle it. It might turn out fine.

As long as it isn't anything like Beast Machines.

Cold2daToucH004 said:
Umm, if that comes out to be true... it will be the worst thing that could happen to transformers.
Why?

Original voice actors, ay?
i had already ruled out in my mind that any of them would be used....
of all the voices, Starscream (aka cobra comander) would be the hardest to duplicate..Sound wave, obviously, the easiest.

Michael Bay is a STELLER director.
If they stay true to the source material to acceptable degrees, then this could be AMAZING.

Speilberg has said that it's gonna be a throwback to the older amblin films..which basically means, Spike, or a character like him, will be a central character and our eyes into this world they are creating.

BIO MECHANICAL?
that better be a rumor...

Oerwinde said:
I don't see whats so wrong with it. If they were truely mechanical then they couldn't die. One gets shot to hell, Replace a few parts and they're fine.

I say wait until A) You know if its true or not, then B)see how they're going to handle it. It might turn out fine.

As long as it isn't anything like Beast Machines.

I agree with you here...
It would probably be too hard to explain how a TF would die without something similair to this.

Why is there even a thread on this?

Don Murphy says RIGHT THERE that it isn't true.

Come on!

Why is there always consistently some stupid rumor like this that is meant to crush the movie in the eyes of the fans long before it comes out...

Well it might have been true because I read in an article this will be a reinvention, ala Superman Flyby.

So maybe this was going to happen or and idea, but than after it's bad reception he will proably change it now, or he might actually use/still use it!!!!!!!

it wouldn't be that hard to explain the death of a TF.

I've had several computers die on me. And backups never offer you a complete restore of everything. It'd be a lot easier to explain how a machine can't simply be restored than to explain to everyone how all of a sudden the Transformers are now bio-machines.

Besides, wasn't that an utter failer when they tried beast machines?

I have remained a supporter of this film even with all the smack talking. But if they make TFormers "Bio-Mechs" then I will NOT watch this movie. These robots need to remain purely ROBOTS. That's what makes them unique...they are a race of robots that are sentient without being part carbon based.

i think the only thing that should be bio-mech should be like their brains, it would be kinda cool. but keep everything else mech.

MAMMOTH said:
Original voice actors, ay?
i had already ruled out in my mind that any of them would be used....
of all the voices, Starscream (aka cobra comander) would be the hardest to duplicate..Sound wave, obviously, the easiest.

Michael Bay is a STELLER director.
If they stay true to the source material to acceptable degrees, then this could be AMAZING.

Speilberg has said that it's gonna be a throwback to the older amblin films..which basically means, Spike, or a character like him, will be a central character and our eyes into this world they are creating.

BIO MECHANICAL?
that better be a rumor...

What about good ole Jazz, Scatman Caruthers unfortunately is no longer with us?

Maybe they could have sparks like they did in Beast Wars and Beast Machines, if they could mak a compromise!

I wouldn't mind if by Bio-mechanical they just had mechanical systems that mimicked biological systems. Like having some sort of nano-fluid circuilatory system. Like having wires filled with a superconductive fluid instead of metal to transfer power, getting injured and losing this fluid would make them weaker because the transfer of electricity in their bodies is reduced. Also, they've created a robot in the last few years that can convert organic matter into energy to power itself. Basically, it eats. Transformers could have a similar system only they feed on Energon instead of organic matter, they would then have a sort of digestive system to convert energon into power for their bodies. Then you have the spark... which I guess would be kind of like a superadvanced RAM drive. It stores the transformers personality, and if it goes offline it loses all the data. Stasis lock would be a defensive failsafe that safeguards the spark from power loss, diverting all power from the rest of the TFs body to maintaining the spark.

See, biomechanical isn't that bad.

so TINO then is it?
if AND when this rumour turns out to be true will I become frustrated.
I'm quickly getting tired of Hollywood adapting comics and cartoons, etc. Odd, if the original formula worked, why not simply update it? Why the change? SO the audience can believe that Transformaers might exist? PLEASE! Go with the extreme fantasy, transform a tractor-trailer into some big robot with a massive blaster destroying a decepticon. Insure the addtion of that famous 'transform' sound. Hit. That easy...

That's why I loved the Transformers: I loved robots. Not cheap hybrids!

WalkingDead said:
I agree with you here...
It would probably be too hard to explain how a TF would die without something similair to this.
No. Machines become irrepairable all the time. TF's are essentially computers carried in machine bodies, and if you destroy the computer, that TF is gone.

The movie is already going to be a dud if they keep Michael Bay at the helm. All he produces is crap. His films are really hyped, but then they flop big time and end up as 2nd rate fodder on TBS action weekends within a year.

But if Steven Spielberg isproducing I don't think he would or could aidin destroying this film.

We can put our trust in the man of Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jaws, ET, an recetly Munich!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"