Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter

:eek:

Superhero
Reaction score
Did you know there was another Harry Potter? Not the boy wizard, but rather the main character from the B movie Troll? Well there is, and he's about to get a remake.

Movies.com reports that director John Carl Buechler has been prepping the remake of the 1986 original for several years, but now he appears to be moving forward and has even cast a new Harry Potter.

Daniel Radcliffe was apparently busy, so it's someone named Harrison Bliss who will take over in the role in the film, which is unabashedly being called Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter. Man, how many people are gonna be disappointed when they sit down to watch this movie?

That's assuming Warner Bros. doesn't sue first, of course. Though Buechler is apparently taking legal precautions now to avoid any problems if and when his film is released. And after all, the original Troll does predate J. K. Rowling's Potter books by years.

This is going to be a fail of epic proportions.

This won't work , there's only one Harry Potter

article-0-06E787AB000005DC-955_224x368.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tter-reveals-sharing-wizards-life-misery.html

The youtube comments for this movie's trailer are going to be redonk.
"thumbs up...blah blah....daniel radcliffe"

I have the original TROLL movie with the kid character Harry Potter in it....it's fair, has some ok stuff but is mostly forgettable. I've joked with others over the years about his name...but I think WB will manage to smash this remake down.

On one end, an obvious and fairly shameful attempt at cashing in on Rowling's character and WB's highly successful franchise. On the other hand, I mean...this Potter did come first by a number of years. They aren't really totally out of order in doing it.

But yeah, considering the biggest studio in the world and the richest novelist in the world will want this squashed or retitled, doubt it'll actually happen.

The original also has two Harry Potters: Junior and Senior. It's twice the Potter.

It could bring up an interesting legal battle...I mean I could easily make a movie like...

AMERICAN HERO: The rise of STEVE ROGERS...

I doubt anyone could patent a "proper name"..but when you factor the whole creative/intellectual property would have to come in to play.

I.E. named Harry Potter, A wizard, Magic, round glasses, etc..it probably would come down to a list of that.

No doubt though Potter already existed in the Troll film from the 80s

I just had a vision of J.K. Rowling sitting around watching Troll and thinking "Hmm, Harry Potter I really like that name." Really though I don't think it would be a good idea to use the name, I think it will just backfire and whenever it comes up in the film people will be like :whatever:.

It could bring up an interesting legal battle...I mean I could easily make a movie like...

AMERICAN HERO: The rise of STEVE ROGERS...

I doubt anyone could patent a "proper name"..but when you factor the whole creative/intellectual property would have to come in to play.

Nah, I think you'd have to change the name up a bit to avoid any legal troubles...how about..

AMERICAN HERO: THE ADVENTURES OF CRAPPEDON AMERICA.

I actually think later releases of The Original Troll movie, they really played up Harry Potter on the cover. I may be imagining this though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"