Tru TV's At Home With Amy Sedaris

Quasar

Sidekick
Reaction score
Saw this advertised a while ago back when I was watching something else on Tru TV (likely I'm Sorry). Couldn't really tell from the ads if it was supposed to be funny or not. However while watching the Emmy's, it was nominated for some comedy award, and the clip showed Amy Sedaris jamming a nutcracker soldier into a turkey, so I decided I'd check it out. The show was available through On Demand for another couple of weeks, and I'm almost through the 10 episodes 1st season. I have to say, it's pretty damn funny. Amy has multiple correspondents she checks in with for expertise, a lot of whom are played by Amy herself. One of the correspondents not played by Amy is the Woman Who Lives in the Woods. She has a girl who lives with her, and the correspondent is constantly passive aggressively bagging on her the entire time, about having brought strange leaves into the cabin that confused their pet who ate them and is now crazy sick. Or when Amy needs her knife sharpened, there's a knife guy who stops by and wants to know what she's using the knife for, because it's still in good stabbing shape. Other one-off correspondents are played by celebrities like Chris Meloni and Jane Krakowski. In the most recent episode, Amy spent the entire episode talking about the art of love making (strangely enough, it's been the only episode so far without any streaming commercials attached), and in the episode, Amy had some risque crafts, like a cloth diagram of a vagina, which she described in detail, using pins to peel back the layers. She made a comment about how a woman should learn how to hold it open on her own, so she wouldn't need to use the pins...

Hello,
Amy Sedaris is a truly remarkable professional. My favorite episode was "Murdercide".
When we picked the helpful choice over the mindful choice, we are blameworthy of - underestimating our reality. Basically strolling past a recyclable container, and not attempting to lift it up to reuse, is the equivalent as-overlooking a call for help, in case you're not accomplishing something effectively, quit being a hipocrite, and begin setting a model. In the long run it will end up being a pattern, at that point it will end up being the standard.

Yeah, Murdercide was awesome. Everything about it was great! Michael Shannon was so perfect. When I tell people about the show, I tell them how they find Michael Shannon finding his dead wife under their floorboards and the contents of his bag have suddenly been stolen. Amy asks what was in the bag, to which Michael screams "CONTENTS!"

Second season starts tonight, if anyone's interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"