trustyside-kick's Collection

trustyside-kick

The Marine Marvel
Reaction score
The recent few months has inspired me to increase my stock of Superhero products. What you will notice, is that majority of my Superhero collection makes what I'd like to call a mini-Aquaman Shrine :-)O). And that's because most people who know me on the Superhero Hype Boards know that I'm a huge Aquaman fan. So, here it goes...

Here's a general corner shot of where the location of my little "Aqua-Shrine" and TPBs are located:
img1228yno.jpg

Here's a shot of the "bottom" section of my little shrine (You can notice from this shot that I have the action figures in order of a sort of Timeline that Aquaman has gone through from Silver Age to the Modern Age):
img1229e.jpg

Here's a shot of the "top" section of my little shrine:
img1230ufx.jpg

Here's a closer shot of 3 Magazines featuring interviews and information about Aquaman (Alter Ego #69, Back Issue #27, DC Comics Superhero Collection #31) as well as two Alex Ross Action Figures (both from Justice):
img1238j.jpg

Here's a shot showing 3 of my prized Silver Age Aquaman Volume 1 issues (Aquaman #18, Aquaman #29, Aquaman #35) as well as 4 Action Figures (Aquaman and Aqualad from the Aquaman and Aqualad Deluxe Action Figure Set, History of the DC Universe Aquaman, and the metal Aquaman Figure that came with the DC Comics Superhero Collection #31):
img1239fyk.jpg

Here's a shot of 4 Aquaman figures (The Blue Camo suit from the '86 Mini Series, the JLU Aquaman, Ed Mcguinnes' JLA Classified Aquaman, and another JLA Classified Waterhand Aquaman) along with 3 significant issues because they are the first issues for certain series (Issue 1 from the 1986 4-Issue Mini-series, Issue 1 of the 7-issue Atlantis Chronicles, Issue 1 of the 75-issue '90s Aquaman run):
img1240s.jpg

Here's a shot of my last 2 figures (Black Manta, and Superman/Batman Aquaman from Issue #45) along with 2 more significant issues (Issue 1 of the 39-issue '03 Aquaman run, and Issue 40 of the 17-issue Aquaman OYL run):
img1241l.jpg

Here's a shot of the TPB's I have and the only two not in this picture that you can sort of see in the corner are my Absolute New Frontier and Absolute Batman Hush:
img1242o.jpg

Here's a shot of the single issues and back issues I have and in case you're wondering the far right box are the comics or TPBs I'm still getting around to reading (the box on the left contains my issues of: 52, Batman & The Outsiders, The Black Adam mini that came after 52, Blackest Night, Rucka's Checkmate Run, and Countdown; the middle box contains my issues of: Daredevil, Final Crisis, Green Arrow, Justice League of America and older various JLA related issues, Justice Society of America, Teen Titans, and Young Justice). It's not easily visible but you can barely see a lower, smaller, box to the left of my left comicbook box which contains random Bronze Age issues of Adventure, Action, and World's Finest comics that featured Aquaman stories as a back-up feature after his first series was canceled and re-launched:
img1243myx.jpg

Here's a shot of all my Aquaman back-issues (More Fun Comics #73 Millenium Edition, All of his appearances in Adventure Comics, the 1986 Mini-series, the Atlantis Chronicles, the 1994 Series, the 2003 Series, and the OYL series):
img1244j.jpg

Here's a shot of my beloved, HUGE poster of Jim Lee's art from Batman Hush (I went to Hobby Lobby to see what it would cost to make a frame for it? And was like $50 bucks! No way, dude would I pay for that):
img1245z.jpg

Here's another shot of a poster drawn by Jim Lee from Batman Hush:
img1246e.jpg

Here's a better shot of my Jim Aparo Aquaman, Black Manta, Aqualad and Mera poster as well as a brilliant New Frontier Poster drawn by Darwyn Cooke:
img1247okx.jpg

Here's just a general poster of superheroes from the Marvel Universe (I'm more of a DC guy but I still got love for Marvel):
img1248a.jpg

Here's yet another poster drawn by Jim Lee from his work on Allstar Batman and Robin:
img1249r.jpg

Here's a shot of a Batman version of the boardgame Monopoly I picked up at one of the Six Flags I went to about 2 years ago:
img1250r.jpg

Wicked display and definitely unique, considering how rare it is to find a dedicated fan of Orin who has the shrine to prove it. :woot::up:

Do you also have the Aquaman toy from Batman: Brave and the Bold?

Here's a poster from the X-Men: First Class series that launched a while ago. It's sadly in the corner on the floor because I'm not sure where to put it since I recently moved stuff around:
img1251q.jpg

Not really superhero stuff with the exception of like 4 things here, but I figured it fit with this collection thread idea so here it is (Cyborg Ninja from Metal Gear Solid, Batman statue from Batman Hush, Marvin the Martian from Looney Toons, Protoman from Megaman, Hal Jordan from New Frontier, Deathscythe bad place Custom from a sort of "Mini Gundam toy line" along with Heavyarms Custom, Nightcrawler, Blastoise and Squirtle, Deathscythe from Gundam Wing though I added another shield, Deathscythe bad place Custom from Gundam Wing Endless Waltz, Green Arrow from New Frontier, and Akuma from Pocket Fighter):
img1252v.jpg

And some more of my non-superhero but still sorta fits collection (Ken from Pocket Fighter, Ryu and Ken from X-Men VS Streetfighter, Ken from Street Fighter III):
img1254v.jpg

Wicked display and definitely unique, considering how rare it is to find a dedicated fan of Orin who has the shrine to prove it. :woot::up:

Do you also have the Aquaman toy from Batman: Brave and the Bold?

I've been debating about that. Because while I LOVE Aquaman from that show and his design? The action figure makes his fat belt look so dumb. Still wondering if I should get that and possibly the Black Manta figure.

I've been debating about that. Because while I LOVE Aquaman from that show and his design? The action figure makes his fat belt look so dumb. Still wondering if I should get that and possibly the Black Manta figure.
I've been tempted by the Manta figure, just because it looks so, I dunno, stylistic (I think that's the word I'm looking for) and classic in a cartoony way. But because I don't have any other toys from that line, the lone Black Manta figure would just seem out of place for me. Your collection seems to be organized differently than mine, though, so having lone figures from different series doesn't appear to be an issue at all.

As someone who thinks Aquaman from the Brave and the Bold animated series is funny as bad place and the highlight of the series, I recommend you get his action figure.

When I can get a decent print-out and frame for it, I will upload my F.O.A.M. membership certificate. Also I forgot to point it out but several of those shots has a shot of a Alex Ross' Aquaman with a blue filter over it (two pics: one of him as a baby playing with dolphins and him older on a sea horse); it's signed by Alex Ross.

As someone who thinks Aquaman from the Brave and the Bold animated series is funny as bad place and the highlight of the series, I recommend you get his action figure.

I guess. Just all the pictures I see of it, doesn't click with me right away. Then again so did the McGuiness Aquaman. All the shots I saw of that figure mislead me (I really didn't like the face and small hands) to not want it for a while until I finally decided "ah heck why not". When I got it I fell in love with it instantly. The problem I have with the Brave and the Bold Aquaman figure is the hue of yellow they chose for his belt and trident. Looks way too bright/light to me. :(

...I finally gave in so the OWAW Armored Aquaman and this Aquaman figure based from the 90s JLA are going to be coming in sometime soon. I kept looking back at the Brave and Bold one...and I might get it ONLY because I want the Black Manta and given the cartoony design it would feel odd not to have Aquaman as well.

is the 90s One the DCD Beard/Hook Hand one? Cause I was gonna suggest it to replace the JLU version of that one.

Also, a figure that might interest you is the Kingdom Come version of Aquaman from a couple years back in the Elsewprlds line......or it may not interest you, but i think it would fit nicely at the end of your timeline shelf.

I think the 90's one you are thinking of is the right one but evn when it comes in I won't take down the JLU one. Also, -sigh-, I gave in yet again and now have the Batman: Brave and the Bold Black Manta plus those mini figures of Aquaman VS Manta as well from that show. They didn't have Aquamn so I will get him elsewhere. Also I found a Devil Ray figure on eBay which pretty much was Manta in JLU.

I don't collect JLU toys, but even I was a little disappointed to hear that the Devil Ray toy's guns were just painted onto his arms, instead of being molded pieces.

I'm getting it for the sole reason that it will go with my JLU Aquaman. The designs are so different than the rest, I prefer to have more than one. Hence why I'm finally going to get the Brave and Bold Aquaman now that I have the Manta one.

Did some re-arranging but I won't post up new pictures until some figures I'm waiting on come in.

Well my little "shrine/collection" has changed dramatically I'd say. I was hoping to wait on one more item from eBay to come in, but I'm having issues contacting the seller which in short means I don't expect to get the item any time soon. Here's an update on my collection corner:

Just a general shot of my Aquaman "corner/shrine" updated:
img1346a.jpg

If you compare to the original design, you will notice that I now placed the 3 magazines specifically featuring information about Aquaman on a top mini shelf, and placed the mini lead-Aquaman statue that comes with one of those magazines as well as placed my Alex Ross Aquaman postcard signed by Alex Ross and you will notice I put the box for the Silver Age Delux Aquaman and Aqualad Action Figures I already had on display just because the color and art work really well for the overall display:
img1347m.jpg

The mid section may seem it did not change much because the same figures are on top with the exception that I now have the Blue Camo suit from the '86 mini series on the mid section but also you will notice that by removing the 3 magazines from this section I had room for 2 more comics than the 3 I originally had. I know have Aquaman #23 (The Birth of Aquababy) and Adventure Comics #452 (the issue where Aquababy dies) on display:
img1348d.jpg

It is incredibly noticeable that the bottom section is different because I know have comics in the background similar to the mid section now as well as having 5 comics laid out literally beneath the figures that did not feature before. I also removed the other comics I originally had displayed in an arc on the bottom section. There are several new action figures new to the display (Devilray from JLU, Aquaman from the JLA Giftset representing the 90's comic look, the Armored suit Aquaman wore during OWAW, two mini toys of Aquaman and Black Manta from the Batman: Brave and the Bold show, and the regular-size figures of Aquaman and Black Manta from the Batman: Brave and the Bold show):
img1349om.jpg

Here's a closer shot of the mid section showing how amazing that Aquaman #23 cover looks (the only thing new in this picture). I hunted that thing down forever because I kept seeing nothing but rip-offs on eBay until one day I finally snagged an amazing unreal deal:
img1350y.jpg

Here's a closer look of the mid section showing just how beautifully drawn and how dramatic the cover to Adventure Comics #452 is drawn by Jim Aparo (really the only thing new to the collection in this shot):
img1351y.jpg

Here's a closer shot at some of the new figures as well as my new layout for the bottom section. You will notice here that I have--creating a background--Aquaman Vol. 1 #57 and 58, and on the bottom, beneath the figures, I have Aquaman #34 and 45 from the 90's series which are just some of my favorite Bronze and Modern Age covers and issues from those series being displayed:
img1352q.jpg

More pictures to come later tonight.

Here's a closer shot of the comics I have laid as a background (Aquaman Vol. 1 #60 and 62) with a few comics laid beneath the figures (Aquaman #17 and 22 from the '03 series) which again are more of my favorite covers and issues from those series being displayed:
img1353im.jpg

And here's a closer shot at the new figures I have from the Batman: Brave and the Bold show as well as the last 2 comics I have yet to list that create a background and bottom fo to this part of the collection (Aquaman Vol. 1 #63 and Aquaman #33 of the '03 series) which again are more of my favorite covers and issues from those series:
img1354f.jpg

Here is just a better shot of that poster from before because I couldn't get a good shot without a glare. Also, you will find a new piece to my collection. The picture below is actual a certificate of my F.O.A.M. (Friend of Aquaman) membership to the Aquaman Shrine blog website:
img1356.jpg

Wanted to show you guys a better shot of the Alex Ross painted postcard of part of Aquaman's Silver Age origin which is actually signed by Alex Ross himself:
img1357d.jpg

Lastly is a close-up shot of the magazines that I moved from the mid section to the very top on top of a mini shelf to make for a cool effect:
img1358.jpg

Sweet! Got a closeup shot of the two Waterhand Aquaman figures together?

Yea, here's a closer shot of them:
img1359ox.jpg

Also, tomorrow the guy who runs the Aquaman Shrine Blog site is going to post up my collection which is pretty cool. :awesome:

Wicked pic of the waterhand Orins there.

Also, heh, I checked out The Aquaman Shrine. Kudos on that one. :up:
Although it probably would've been better if you could click the pictures there and enlarge them to get a better view.

Yea I don't get why the guy didn't do that. On some of the other Aquafans' Shrines they had links for a bigger view. That's when I posted a comment saying that if people wanted to see better resolutions of my shrine to check the link that links to this thread.

Hopefully this week several new items will be added to my collection:

- Black Manta Justice Action Figure
- Aquaman & Black Manta DC Pocket Hero figurines
- Aquaman & Ocean Master DC Minimate figurines
- Aquaman Hoodie

Got some new Aqua-items to add to the collection and moved around some of the older items. To start here is an overall new shot of my Aqua-shrine corner (as you can see the new items are the Aquahoodie, Alex Ross Black Manta from Justice, Aquaman and Ocean Master DC MiniMates, Aquaman and Black Manta DC Pocket Heroes, the new Aquaman Mini-bust, and the new Mera Mini-bust):

img1476h.jpg

The rest of the shots are just various close-ups of the new arrangement and new items:

img1477j.jpg

img1478l.jpg

img1479e.jpg

img1481y.jpg

img1482u.jpg

img1483c.jpg

img1484l.jpg

img1485x.jpg

img1486i.jpg

I almost hate to admit this, but I really love that Aqua Hoodie

The Aqua Hoodie does indeed look pretty frikkin' awesome in a ridiculous way. I wants. :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"