DC Direct: Justice Wave 7

The_Guard

Civilian
Reaction score
It's got two new armored heroes. Superman and Aquaman as well as the much anticipated Grodd and Green Lantern John Stewart. I actually don't recall seeing John Stewart in the Justice comics. Although there are still a few issues left.

But if he doesn't appear then I am quite pleased to see that they are expanding beyond the comic and filling out the DC Universe in Alex Ross's style. I really loves these Justice figures, I have them all so far and I really hope that this line continues for some time giving us definative Alex Ross versions of every DC character.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2007_NYCC/DC_Direct/Justice_Series_7

Thanks for the news. They're pretty cool figs. I just wish they were 6" scale.

At first I did, but after they announced the 4th wave I knew we were going to be getting enough of them to make a whole display out of just them. I think the Alex Ross designs don't fit in with other DCD figures as it is. Captain Marve does, but the others don't.

True, it doesn't bother me much but eh, everything else i have is 6" scale aside from some of my Mezco stuff so it'd just be cool for consistency. But I'm happy nonetheless. They're great renditions of Alex Ross's art.

And I agree, having them mixed with other DCDs is just dumb. I like an artist specific line like this though because they haven't limited it to just 2 waves. I see it lasting a good while, maybe 10 waves. I'd atleast hope so.

glad to see grodd and john stewart. stewart will be a good addition along with hawkgirl.

so FTB, the others, the ones we have already are in 7 inch scale aren't they?

yeah, but i wouldn't want them changing the scale this late in the game. but i know what you mean, i wish they would have started and stayed in 6 inch. i got "the main man" just so i could display him with the JL. But he's way to small.

Me either. Just saying it woulda been nice. But I actually am fine with the 7" scale, makes them unique.

Or I could just be playing games with all of you weak-minded individuals that beleieve everything they read that I post.

you put way too much thought into these blogs.

i hope i can fight the temptation to get the armored figs. supes, aquaman, and GL look pretty cool in their armore. i think bats armor is kind of lame though.

Its actually no thought at all. Its all at the moment. I don't come to work with scripts and comments and such to post. Its all spontaneous.

The armored once are a tad lame to me but I'll get them only to stay MOC. Only the reg figs will be opened and displayed.

What do you suppose the odds would be of an Alex Ross Space Ghost getting made in this line?

What do you suppose the odds would be of an Alex Ross Space Ghost getting made in this line?

I'd say they're slim. It'd be a dream IMO, I'd get 2 or 3 but I doubt it.

It'd be awesomely cool. I'd even take one based on Ariel Olivetti's rendition from the DC Space Ghost mini-series about his origin. Badassness.

Alex Ross did the covers on that mini....that's why I thought he might fit in there.

True, but if they made either version I'd get it. They could maybe even make him in that First Appearance line. Just like the new Atom, Martian Manhunter and Aquaman they could throw in either version (more likely the Olivetti version rather than Ross) into a wave.

But if he did show up in the Justice wave, damn, that'd be the bomb-bay!!

I thought it was stupid that they took thier First Appearance line and filled it with new characters. I think they should have stuck with Gold and Silver age first appearances.

So do I. I figured it'd happen eventually though.

I want more FA villians. We got FA Riddler, I want FA Joker and a few other Bat baddies.

I wonder when Riddler & Metallo are gonna get released. They were in the first damn issues.

Grodd has pictures up there. His body is just a reissue though, only a new head, hope it wasn' too obvious.

There's pics of him?? Cool, I wanna see'em.

Hook me up with a link.

Aquaman almost looks like the head and shoulders come off of his figure.

And why would Superman and Green Lantern need armor anyway? I haven't been reading the comic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"