trustyside-kick's Collection

Yea, I've been debating about getting it for months. But given I've finally decided to go full out on this Aquaman collection I just had to have it. It grew on me and I'm starting to like it.

Alright, I'm waiting on one more item but the following will be added to my collection and new pictures will be provided of my little Aquashrine:

- Aquaman #11 (Vol. 1) (first appearance of Mera)
- The Ocean Master mini-toy from the Batman: B&B toyline
- The Warner Bros. Aquaman Beanie bag toy
- A small refrigerator magnet of Aquaman drawn by one of my favorite Aquaman artists (got it because it was on sale at my LCS :p)

Last edited:
Updated my collection as the last of my goodies I've been waiting for has come in. So to start as always, here is an overall view of my collection with the new goodies in place:
img1699s.jpg

Here's one of the new items, the WB Beanie bag Aquaman:
img1700pq.jpg

Of all the Aqua-items I have had to hunt down, this one--hands down--is the one I'm most proud of. It took me over a month before I finally purchased this item because I was looking for a great deal with great condition. Of all the items minus the DC Deluxe Aquaman & Aqualad figurines...this is the most expensive item I've purchased in my pursuit of an Aqua-shrine. Here's a closer shot at my Aquaman #11 (first appearance of Mera):
img1701w.jpg

This next item is a bit of an odd one...it's an Aquaman refrigerator magnet. I know I know it's silly...but I finally picked it up when my LCS had a sale going for all there merchandise. Given I am building up an Aqua-shrine it didn't seem as silly as it was years ago when I first saw this magnet in stores:
img1702v.jpg

Of my new items this was the one I was most excited about in the sense that I was entirely oblivious to its existence until it was posted on the Aquamanshrine Blogspot website that I frequently view. It came out like a month or two before I actually got it but the stores near my house (Toys R Us, Targets, etc) for some reason never got it I guess. Here's the Ocean Master mini-figurine based off of his appearance in the Batman Brave and Bold cartoon which was an interesting take on the character's design:
img1704h.jpg

And these last few pictures are just general shots of each row/section of my Aqua-shrine with the new items added in. You will notice in the second and third picture that since I added in Aquaman #11, I had to take out one of my prior Aquaman issues and move the others along:
img1705o.jpg

img1706sn.jpg

img1707s.jpg

Yea, though it took me a while for it to grow on me. Eventually was like "it has to be a part of my shrine". :awesome:

I love the look on his face, like "yeah, muthaf**ka. I'm just that fly :cool:"

This weekend was quite a weekend for me in terms of eBay. I've got 7 items for sure coming by the end of the coming week to add to my collection:

- Aquaman #21 (First appearance of The Fisherman)
- Aquaman #33 (First appearance of Aquagirl I)
- Aquaman #37 (First appearance of The Scavenger)
- DC Super Pocket Heroes Aqualad figurine
- SUPER FRIENDS Deluxe AQUAMAN/BLACK MANTA
- DC JLU Aquaman (has cape and two hands unlike my other which has no cape, a trident, and the hook)
- Aquaman's Guide to the Ocean (just a DK Publishing book that has info about Aquaman and Atlantis)

And there is the possibility that by the end of the coming week that I will have purchased 3 more items to add to my collection. Depends how the bidding goes. :awesome:

Last edited:
I'm still waiting on two more things to add to my collection but given it is Christmas Eve and since I know how shipping is this time of year I will just go ahead and update my thread with what I have for I have added quite the amount of new things over the past few weeks. Here is a general shot of my shrine at the moment:

img1849z.jpg

As you can see, I've re-arranged quite a bit of things. Here is a shot of my the top of my top shelf and the top shelf:

img1858n.jpg

Here is a shot of my middle and bottom shelves:

img1859r.jpg

Time for close-ups! Here is a close-up of one of my new Aquaman posters:

img1850sf.jpg

And here is another Aquaman poster:

img1851al.jpg

From my top shelf, this is the DC Comics Aquaman Composite which originally came out at the Post Office a few years ago. Finally decided to get my hands on it:

img1852wy.jpg

I have been waiting for MONTHS for this figure to come out. That's right, ladies and gentlemen...this is the first official figure of the Ocean Master. The mini-mates and mini B:B&B toy I already have in my collection don't count. Here is a shot of an actual Orm Marius figurine:

img1853z.jpg

Here is another set of toys recently added to my collection. The DC Deluxe SuperFriends Aquaman & Black Manta figurines:

img1857lu.jpg

Lastly of the toys I recently have gotten is the Aqualad to go with my Aquaman & Black Manta DC PocketHero toys:

img1860i.jpg

Got a few more comics that for some time I debated on whether or not I should get them. But, given I've got my own shrine I just had to get them since they are first appearances. First up is a close-up of Aquaman #21 (First appearance of The Fisherman):

img1854n.jpg

Next is a close-up of Aquaman #33 (First appearance of Aquagirl I Tula):

img1855m.jpg

Lastly of the comics I've recently gotten, here is Aquaman #37 (First appearance of The Scavenger):

img1856h.jpg

I should be receiving Aquaman #1 (Vol. 1) either today or tomorrow and when I do I will update my thread. I've held off on updating it til now but there are other new additions other than this extremely expensive comic.

While the newest additions to my collection may not be many in quantity, you will find that one of them is of great quality and extremely valuable. To start, here is an overall shot I always do of my collection:

img1979a.jpg

And bam, there it is. Aquaman #1 (Vol. 1) in INSANE condition. I got quite the deal on eBay the past few days. Considering what I paid for it, and its grading, it was a steal:

img1981m.jpg

Next are my two other additions. I got the Aquaman mini-figure from the BLAMMOIDS toyline and Aquaman's Guide to the Oceans DR Readers book for kicks since it is afterall Aquamerchandise:

img1982c.jpg

And here is just yet another overall shot because I like the angle of it:

img1985v.jpg

Looking good, Trusty. Congrats on Aquaman #1, and I love the hoodie!

But how is it that I have an Aquaman figure that you don't? Where's your DCUC Aquaman?

Looking good, Trusty. Congrats on Aquaman #1, and I love the hoodie!

But how is it that I have an Aquaman figure that you don't? Where's your DCUC Aquaman?

I don't like those Aquaman figures. I only got the Blue-Camo suit of that line because it is the only Blue-Camo suit figure. Though I've seen a custom Blue-Camo suit figure before but I wasn't going to pay so much for it. And I got the Black Manta of that toyline too. But both the short hair and long hair I'm just not crazy about. A good deal of the figures I have, had to grow on me. Those two haven't yet.

I love that you just focus on one character.....it's frikking awesome.....Like...I've seen folks that will buy anything Superman, or Spider-man, nut they're too big.....me I have a mini Angel Shrine.....but he's almost too small...there's not a lot of him for a decent shrine.

But I think Aquaman is a good size, Love it, and keep up the great work.

Though I still maintan that you need the Elseworlds Kingdom Come Aquaman figure.

dcdew3_aquaman.jpg

While I enjoyed KC, that figure has slowly started to grow on me. I may end up getting it soon.

God you know whenever I finaly get off my butt... I want to take some pictures of my collection... hopefully it'll look half as cool as yours Trusty...

Got the Kingdom Come figure finally, and I got that new figure that came out about a month ago I think where it is the 90's Aquaman look from JLA Classified (breastplate, beard, hook, shell crown). Then I also have the latest JLU inspired design toy of classic Aquaman. Bugs me that he is smaller than the other JL/JLU toys though.

On the way is that new Dynamic Aquaman statue which retail is $195 but I got it for cheaper than that. So when THAT comes in, will post new pictures finally. Don't think I left anything out.

I'm still debating about BN Aquaman since they are coming out with BN Red Lantern Mera. I really wish it would've been regular Mera from BN but if I do get the Mera figure I may as well get BN Aquaman so it doesn't look out of place in my collection.

Wow totally forgot to update this when I said I would months ago. Well, given I got some stuff from SDCC 2010 I will first figure out how I'm going to re-arrange some stuff asap and try to take pics. :doh: :awesome:

Dude you have a badass Aquaman collection. And that New Frontier poster is friggin sweet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"