Endgame Try and guess the title of Avengers 4

After watching the movie I'd say:

"Avengers: Age of Infinity"
"Avengers: S.O.S."

It's been confirmed that "Infinity Gauntet" will not be the title.

I think it's got to have a "finale" feeling subtitle. "Forever" is my guess for now, since that was also a comic subtitle.

They tend to name the film's after comic arcs whilst not adapting the story but using key elements and themes.
Substituting characters for iconic scenes (surfer crashing into the sanctum, as to banner into the sanctum warning of thanos.

Secret War - Could see a hero/villain (how many villains are still alive?) Showdown with thanos. Dooms last stand in the comics replicated by a different villain (Loki maybe? Not buying he's dead again).

Annihilation - doubtful, as I see either annihilation, secret invasion, and Galactus as the only way to up the ante and build to a new conclusion after phase 3 finishes.

Disassembled - crap arc in the comics but in name only it would really suit cap finally saying "it" in the finale once we have some of the heroes brought back.

Heroes reborn - another bad time for comics, but very fitting for what will likely happen.

Contest of champions - not a massive fan, but could work.

Galactic storm or a variation - doesn't really fit and it sounds like Captain marvel will deal with the kree-Skrill war.

Infinity crusade - probably the most likely, obvious one. The infinity gauntlet and infinity war's sequel in the comics.

Thanos Imperative - fits. Haven't ready this arc, but it's not like MCU uses more than names and general concept from the comics.

Those are near enough all the cosmic based crossovers from the comics. I'd be shocked if they didn't pull from that pool, or an existing smaller arc.

Last edited:
My 3 guesses:

Avengers: Secret War
Avengers Forever
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Avengers Forever
Avenger: United They Stand
Avengers Reborn
The Mighty Avengers

I figure the title has to be pretty spoilery to delay its announcement. But then Feige has recently admitted that this decision was ultimately a mistake, and now no title will live up to the perceived hype.

I'm confident it will be Avengers Forever

It just makes total sense. The spotlight will be on the old guard sacrificing everything to reverse the gauntlet. It will essentially be a passing of the torch to the new heroes, showing that no matter the threat or who dies, there will always be Avengers to save the day.

I figure the title has to be pretty spoilery to delay its announcement. But then Feige has recently admitted that this decision was ultimately a mistake, and now no title will live up to the perceived hype.

Unless the title was Avengers: Galactus.

Avengers Forever is growing on me. That strikes me the most fitting given what we saw in IW.

Avengers: Rebirth

Between "Rebirth" and "Reborn", something about birth...it being a verb rather than an adjective I suppose, makes it feel grander, more cosmic.

It would also have multiple meanings; not only the reassembly of the original Avengers and the prospective rebirth of those lost in "Infinity War," but also heralding a rebirth of the Marvel Cinematic Universe itself, reconstituting its landscape for both the departures of old characters and the establishment of new characters...passing the torch as it were.

And departure merely meaning retirement...though, of course, death is another, very likely, probably inevitable option.

Who knows what they go with, whether or not "Infinity" is kept as a through line, but a theme of resurrection feels appropriate...without using the word "Resurrection" of course; the Alien and Halloween franchises are ample proof that using that word in your title is meh haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"