• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TV: Best of the Decade

Dark Donnie

Kenny Powers is Back!
Reaction score
Daily Variety asked members of the Television Critics Assn. to pick the best of the smallscreen from the past decade. Nominees were announced in June, and a final vote on the finalists took place in July.

And now, the kudos go to ...

Drama Series
Winner: "The Sopranos"
Runner-up: "The Wire"
Other nominees: "Friday Night Lights," "Lost," "Mad Men," "The West Wing"

Drama Actor
Winner: James Gandolfini, "The Sopranos"
Runner-up: Michael Chiklis, "The Shield"
Other nominees: Bryan Cranston ("Breaking Bad"), Michael C. Hall ("Dexter"), Jon Hamm ("Mad Men"), Hugh Laurie ("House")

Drama Actress
Winner: Edie Falco, "The Sopranos"
Runner-up: Connie Britton, "Friday Night Lights"
Other nominees: Glenn Close ("Damages"), Allison Janney ("The West Wing"), Mary McDonnell ("Battlestar Galactica"), Kyra Sedgwick ("The Closer")

Comedy Series
Winner: "Arrested Development"
Runner-up: "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart"
Other nominees: "30 Rock," "Curb Your Enthusiasm," "Everybody Loves Raymond," "The Office" (U.S.)

Comedy actor
Winner: Ricky Gervais, "The Office" (U.K.)
Runner-up: Steve Carell, "The Office" (U.S.)
Other nominees: Alec Baldwin ("30 Rock"), Jason Bateman ("Arrested Development"), Larry David ("Curb Your Enthusiasm"), Kelsey Grammer ("Frasier")

Comedy Actress
Winner: Tina Fey, "30 Rock"
Runners-up: Lauren Graham, "Gilmore Girls" and Sarah Jessica Parker, "Sex and the City"
Other nominees: Patricia Heaton ("Everybody Loves Raymond"), Jane Kaczmarek ("Malcolm in the Middle"), Julia Louis-Dreyfus ("The New Adventures of Old Christine"), Mary-Louise Parker ("Weeds")

http://www.variety.com/index.asp?lay...ryid=2161&cs=1

Friday Night Lights as a Best Drama nominee over 24 (Season 6 withstanding) or The Shield? Did I just miss the boat on that show? :confused:

The Sopranos is overrated (as is 30 Rock). And It's Always Sunny needs to be on the comedy list.

But, I'll give them credit for putting Mary McDonnell on the actress list, which is more than I can say for the ****ing Emmys. :cmad:

I love Chiklis. Good to see he made the list. Shield shoulda been on the Drama list though.

:thing: :thing: :thing:

wtf..no love for "Gilmore Girls"? Lauren Graham..runner-up?

I think The Wire should have gotten the nod over The Sopranos

The Sopranos is overrated (as is 30 Rock). And It's Always Sunny needs to be on the comedy list.

But, I'll give them credit for putting Mary McDonnell on the actress list, which is more than I can say for the ****ing Emmys. :cmad:

Whispering through emotional moments is not great acting.

And The West Wing is the best show ever. Oz is the second best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"