Twisted Metal TV Series | Anthony Mackie

Lol that really is a bad poster. But if bad posters were an indication of a show or movie’s quality, then most of the superhero movies of the last 15 years would have sucked. Hopefully the show is good.

Eh. Guess it’s just a teaser but it didn’t do much for me.

I’m starting to think that Blood Drive was the Twisted Metal adaptation we deserved. Shame it didn’t get a second season.

I’m sorry but you’re making a teaser and not even giving us a glimpse of the ice cream truck?

certainly not what I was expecting
thought we'd get "Paint it Black" but instead they give us "Steal My Sunshine"

Between this and the budget looking poster, my hopes for this just dropped several notches

certainly not what I was expecting
thought we'd get "Paint it Black" but instead they give us "Steal My Sunshine"

Between this and the budget looking poster, my hopes for this just dropped several notches

Black Adam ruined Paint It Black for at least 5 years, lol. They had to go with something else.

Not just for the choice of song, but this trailer just felt way too “sunny” to me. Though I haven’t played Twisted Metal in like 2 decades, what really stuck with me about it was the bleak, ominous visual tone. This brief clip just totally lacked that Twisted Metal vibe I was expecting, I guess.

Also, just from the poster and the teaser, it just seems like Mackie is trying to look cool. I don’t know. I get that he’s supposed to be cocky and badass but I feel like there should be a bit of frantic desperation to all of this.

An actual trailer dropped, can't post, because they swear up a storm.

I can't help but think Mackey as the lead was the biggest mistake. I have not idea what they are going for, it is just weird and kind of unappealing.

EDIT: NVM, have the non-explicit trailer.

Last edited:
As someone who never played the games, this looks fine. Nothing crazy but a decently fun time

Feel like it'll wear thin as a show tho

The new trailer is significantly better than the earlier one and the Sweet Tooth clip they released, this actually has me a bit hyped

but yeah, I'd have taken Beatriz as the lead over Mackie just by seeing these little snippets. He could be ok as the comic relief sidekick, maybe they should've swapped the lead roles.

But we'll see, I may actually give this a chance now

The series dropped on peacock and I watched the first episode for free.

It was honestly very fun. The design, the action and the driving were pretty spot on. Mackie has a cocky and naive personality which adds to the charm surrounding the chaos of the wasteland and the dark humor.

I love it so far and think fans of the series will to.

Does peacock release episodes on a weekly basis or do I have to pay for a monthly subscription? I might subscribe to binge the rest of the series

The series dropped on peacock and I watched the first episode for free.

It was honestly very fun. The design, the action and the driving were pretty spot on. Mackie has a cocky and naive personality which adds to the charm surrounding the chaos of the wasteland and the dark humor.

I love it so far and think fans of the series will to.

Does peacock release episodes on a weekly basis or do I have to pay for a monthly subscription? I might subscribe to binge the rest of the series
All the episodes dropped at once, so you could binge it now.

Yeah I wasn’t sure if I was going to watch this but the reviews have been mostly positive so I’ll check it out.

One episode in and I don't hate it, it's actually entertaining. It definitely has that Zombieland feel which I am a fan of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"