Ultimate Avengers 2 Review Thread!!

boywonder13

Sidekick
Reaction score
Here's this reviw I found:

http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=20749
Ultimate Avengers 2: More Ultimate-er?

When I received a press invite to see Ultimate Avengers 2 on the big screen during the Los Angeles Film Festival, I was kind of stoked. I’d received the first one as a present earlier this year, and despite my reservations, I found it to be a flawed but enjoyable piece of entertainment. Yeah, the animation wasn’t exactly great, and the storytelling was a bit simplistic, but overall, Ultimate Avengers was a perfectly acceptable way to blow an hour and a half of your time. Unfortunately, the same can’t be said for the sequel.
avengers_presspass.jpg

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/
The main problem with Ultimate Avengers 2 is…pretty much everything. It all seemed very rushed, resulting in a final product that seemed to be pushed out the door as fast as possible in order to crank out another Avengers DVD to sell. I knew going in that the animation wasn’t exactly going to be cutting edge, but I don’t really expect Miyazaki-level work from a Marvel direct-to-DVD release. What I do expect is a decent, if not spectacular, bit of escapist entertainment. Instead what the viewer is treated to is a mess of a story, worse animation than the first movie, action scenes oscillating between confusing or boring rather than fun or exciting, and damn near every action movie cliché you can think of.
That said, die hard fans of the first movie will find a few things to enjoy. Tony Stark/Iron Man was a thoroughly enjoyable *******. Unfortunately, Iron Man is relegated to the B-plot, so there’s not enough of him to save the movie. The introduction of the Black Panther into the UA universe is handled well enough, though his origin sequence lacks the pinache of Captain America’s WWII intro in the first movie. Also, fans will be glad to hear that the violence hasn’t been toned down at all. It’s actualy surprising that this little feature has nastier, bloodier fights than any of the X-Men movies. Unfortunately, as noted above, the mere fact that they’re good and violent can’t save them from being impossible to follow. They did manage to get a few of the younger kids in the audience worked up to the point of tears though, so there’s that.
It all boils down to the fact that while the first Ultimate Avengers movie has it’s flaws, it’s a perfectly enjoyable piece of fluff. UA2, on the other hand, is a tedious, plodding presentation that feels much longer than it’s 73 minute running time, leaving you squirming in your seats and likely reaching for your remote. I wish Marvel and Lions Gate much success with their direct-to-DVD business model, as I’d love to see other characters make the leap from the comics to animated features. However, if UA2 is the best they can do, then we’re all better off with the New Warriors cartoon that might have been than a creative debacle that might be.
-----------

:( :( :mad:

boywonder13 said:
Also, fans will be glad to hear that the violence hasn’t been toned down at all. It’s actualy surprising that this little feature has nastier, bloodier fights than any of the X-Men movies.
Sold!

I knew this film was going to be bad....

it all went down hill when thor didn't have a beard and the hulk picked up thor's hammer....

tsk....

of all the comic lines one can ruin, it had to be the ones which were pretty much word for word perfect for screen adaptation...

bah...

aw man. everything is a disappointment latetly.

U.S War Machine said:
You know I didn't see Ironman in the trailer.

Yeah, but he's in War Machine armor in this flick.

November Rain said:
I knew this film was going to be bad....

it all went down hill when thor didn't have a beard and the hulk picked up thor's hammer....

As the Hulk should, besides, if you want to be a stickler about it, it's not the "real" Thor if that makes you sleep better at night.

I was kinda "meh" about the first one till the Hulk wiped the floor with everyone, then I loved it!

BTW, how much Bruce Banner and Hulk you see in this?

Oh sorry, I didnt write this review. I found it online.

boywonder13 said:
Oh sorry, I didnt write this review. I found it online.
On the second link, a poster named "Ken" even disagrees with this review
(and claims that THOR will do more in this movie than Hulk does)
. In the end, I think the folks who didn't like UA 1 won't like UA 2, but those of us who liked UA 1 might still be entertained. Or at least that we all have to judge for ourselves.

Plus...it can't be as horrid as BRAINIAC ATTACKS.

Dread said:
*Shudders* The horror.... The horror.. :(

Dread said:
. In the end, I think the folks who didn't like UA 1 won't like UA 2, but those of us who liked UA 1 might still be entertained. Or at least that we all have to judge for ourselves.

I was really disappointed with the lack of depth or the treatment Thor received in the first film.

You're also right. Nothing could be as horrid as Brainiac Attacks except maybe the Hanna Barbera Superfriends.

dpm07 said:
I was really disappointed with the lack of depth or the treatment Thor received in the first film.

You're also right. Nothing could be as horrid as Brainiac Attacks except maybe the Hanna Barbera Superfriends.
Hulk got a lot of focus in UA 1, second only to Cap. Having him step back a bit so another character who didn't do much in UA 1 gets more to do in UA 2 sounds like a good move to me. I'm all for more characters getting fleshed.

*sigh* Marvel should just stop wasting their money on this dreck and gather some real money for a full blown, photorealistic 3d animated Ultimates movie.

Nivek said:
As the Hulk should, besides, if you want to be a stickler about it, it's not the "real" Thor if that makes you sleep better at night.

I was kinda "meh" about the first one till the Hulk wiped the floor with everyone, then I loved it!

The Hulk is a steaming pile of crap.
He's a dead end story. ZzzzZZzzzz

Dread said:
Hulk got a lot of focus in UA 1, second only to Cap. Having him step back a bit so another character who didn't do much in UA 1 gets more to do in UA 2 sounds like a good move to me. I'm all for more characters getting fleshed.

Definitely. I completely agree. :up:

Nivek said:

all thors are real dammit....

:mad:

plus i haven't slept at night in ages.....:(:( the last stand is still giving me nightmares...

Everyone who liked the first one will like this one.

Dread said:

Good thing you put spoiler tags on that one. Didn't want to be spoiled to the fact that Thor does stuff.:rolleyes:

I don't know if this has been mentioned - but I'm not going to start a new thread about it.

LGF's marketing of this film is WAY off. This is NOT the first animated form of Black Panther. He appeared in the 90's Fantastic Four animated series' second season in an episode entitled Prey of the Black Panther.

You'd think these guys would do their research before going out and putting something into the marketing plan. Geez! :p

I'll buy it but only because it has Iron Man in it and because I'm a Marvel Cartoon Manic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"