Question for all those who have seen "Ultimate Avengers 2" DVD...

Dr. Fate

Avenger
Reaction score
Do you apporve of the Captain America/Black Widow romance in the animated feature "Ultimate Avengers 2"? Yes? No? Undecided?

I'm curious to see what others think.

I had no problem with it.

Did you take it as - they have already started a relationship and only showed them kiss at the end - or - the Widow was wanting to start a relationship and the kiss at the end was the start of it?

I personally took it as they have been working on a relationship between the 2 movies and it's just heating up now. I wish it had been made a little more clear.

^ thats basically how I took the evolution of Cap/Black Widows relationship as well. An attraction between the two characters was alluded to in the previous UA movie, but nothing came of it. It's apparent that Black Widow cares a great deal for Steve, to which Steve usually reacts coldly. But by the end of UA 2, we see that Steve has finally accepted what has happened to him, and has decided to move on. His budding romance with Black Widow perfectly conveys this I think. So no. I dont have a problem with it whatsoever.

I found it to be an interesting little romance because both are soldiers who are products of past wars. Capt. America was a product of WW2 and Black Widow was a product of the Cold War (which ended at least when the USSR disbanded in the 90's, if not earlier). If anyone could understand what Steve was going through, it would be her, the only other "enhanced soldier" there (Nick Fury was a commanding general, not the same). It was a nice original twist for the DTV's.

No problems there. It's much easier for a cartoon than having him pursue Wasp...

i've no problem with the cap widow romance ,but isn't her given name NATASHA not"natlia"?

yeah, I didnt understand why they changed her name...

Just curious to see what you guys thought, seeing as how the Ultimates storyline pushed the Widow in Iron Man's direction.

This isn't The Ultimates. These movies are nowhere near the Ultimates at all.

I want to know how T'Challa and his father were able to turn into were-Panthers.

TheVileOne said:
Which is why I hate the fact that it rips off the Ultimates line-up and characters :cmad:

TheVileOne said:

I want to know how T'Challa and his father were able to turn into were-Panthers.
I haven't read the Ultimates books...so I didn't know how close they were to the original stories.

So...the were-panther stuff isn't something addressed and answered in the books...because I was wondering about that myself.

C. Lee said:
I haven't read the Ultimates books...so I didn't know how close they were to the original stories.
The first one actually follows the generally plotline on Ultimates 1 & 2 with a lot cut out.
So...the were-panther stuff isn't something addressed and answered in the books...because I was wondering about that myself.
Can't help ya here.

I would have liked the Panther thing answered in the movie...but otherwise I enjoyed it. I really like the idea of stand alone animated movies based on comic book characters being released.

C. Lee said:
Y'know how Fox went and edited out half of the movie for the Daredevil theatrical cut? That's pretty much what they did to The Ultimates in making UA. :o

I really think reading The Ultimates beforehand ruined any liking I could've had for UA. :(

CConn said:
Y'know how Fox went and edited out half of the movie for the Daredevil theatrical cut? That's pretty much what they did to The Ultimates in making UA. :o

I really think reading The Ultimates beforehand ruined any liking I could've had for UA. :(
I watched UA, really liked it. So much so I went out and bought Ultimates 1 and 2. Read them, sat down and watched it again. Now I loath UA with every fiber of me.

CConn said:

Yeah--I mean, I knew they would cut some parts out, like the Pym vs. Jan bought and Hulks more "interesting" actions, but they REALLY gutted the universe BAD. They might as well called it The Avengers, because with the exception of Fury being black, Thor being an activist, and the first few minutes, there's almost nothing from The Ultimates in it.

I didnt mind the Black Widow/Cap thing at all.

MaskedManJRK said:
Yeah--I mean, I knew they would cut some parts out, like the Pym vs. Jan bought and Hulks more "interesting" actions, but they REALLY gutted the universe BAD. They might as well called it The Avengers, because with the exception of Fury being black, Thor being an activist, and the first few minutes, there's almost nothing from The Ultimates in it.

Yeah,the 1st one was classic bc it followed the book more, this sequel seemed like the writers freestyled the script, leaving us with senseless deaths and illogical romances.

CConn said:

After reading this, I'm really glad I read The Ultimates after I saw the animated version. :spidey:

Can anyone explain why Black Panther could turn into a actually panther?

MaskedManJRK said:
It's not that I minded it was different from the comics - I could except things like that. It's just they removed 90% of the most interesting, and enjoyable things about the comic.
Superboy Prime said:
After reading this, I'm really glad I read The Ultimates after I saw the animated version. :spidey:
Huh. If you read The Ultimates at any time, I would think it'd ruin your enjoyment of UA. :o:(

I like UA for what it is, an amalgamtion of the Ultimates and The Avengers. It wasn't nearly as good as the Ultimates, but you wouldn't have nearly enough time to develop everyone to the point where you didnt hate every characters guts in an hour and a half animated movie. The thing with Ultimates is that without enough time to get in these peoples heads, the general public would end up thinking ever last Ultimate is a d**khead.

I like UA for what it is, an amalgamtion of the Ultimates and The Avengers. It wasn't nearly as good as the Ultimates, but you wouldn't have nearly enough time to develop everyone to the point where you didnt hate every characters guts in an hour and a half animated movie. The thing with Ultimates is that without enough time to get in these peoples heads, the general public would end up thinking ever last Ultimate is a d**khead.

The Joker said:

Arent they? :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"