Ultimate Avengers 3 Ideas

BobJM

Uncle Charlie
Reaction score
Since UA2: Rise of the Panther just came out (a great sequel to an already good film), I thought it would be fitting to post ideas of a third installment. I know that Marvel is currently developing an Iron Man and Dr. Strange film, but you never know.

Here it is:

ULTIMATE AVENGERS III: BETRAYAL

Across the globe, the Avengers are trying to rebuild a damaged world due to the recent Chitauri attacks. However, when a Hulk sighting is discovered, the Avengers are assembled at SHIELD HQ to take down their former ally.

Unbeknownst to the Avengers, however, is the real threat. Black Widow, second-in-command and a powerful ally, has a hidden agenda involving the terrorist organization HYDRA.

Armed with stolen knowledge of Iron Man's suit designs, thanks to Widow, HYDRA develops their own version: Crimson Dynamo.

The Avengers must now go up against not only HYDRA's army of soldiers and Crimson Dynamo, a greater power than Iron Man, but they must face reality and attack one that they love.

In an adventure that will bring the Avengers half way around the world, bonds will be broken and lines will be drawn as the heroes go up against their greatest challenge yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, what do you think?

The main baddies would be:

Crimson Dynamo
Black Widow
HYDRA Leader (Viper, maybe?)
HYDRA soldiers

I think it'd be a cool way to cap of a trilogy, to find out that one of their own has been a spy all along. And with Captain America and Widow dating (UA2), this could lead to a very emotional climax.

Captain vs. Widow

Iron Man vs. Crimson Dynamo

Avengers/SHIELD vs. HYDRA

I like that story, but I really hope the next film concentrates on Thor.

Also I hope Pym is not really dead. He hasn't created Ultron yet.

Not a bad idea, although I have grown weary of the "teammate betrays the team and they have to fight them" plot point from the ULTIMATES/ULTIMATES 2 comic, where that plot point has been all but done to death. I like Widow enough here that just up and making her an evil mole would seem like a waste. About the only way I could see it as working would be if they played it a bit like how Bendis is playing Spider-Woman in NEW AVENGERS; a spy for HYDRA because of some dark secret, but she doesn't want to be because she's grown to like their cause and so on (and Steve). It would make it more interesting then her just going bad.

Of course, the leader of HYDRA is Baron Wolfgang Von Strucker, who may seem repeatitive as yet another Nazi-esuqe bad guy. I like attaching Crimson Dynamo, though. I think it is about time the Avengers fought a team of villians, y'know, bad guys whose members can match the Avengers. Considering Thor betrayed Odin, for instance, maybe Loki actually gets PERMISSION from the gods to set about against him, for instance.

Even with Pym dead, you could still get Ultron out of him; you could claim that a program for AI was "in his notes" or something and someone else decides to carry on his work, unleashing the evil andriod onto the world. I could easily see Wasp doing that to sort of try to honor his memory by seeing some of his inventions through.

Not a bad idea. I'd like to see more of HYDRA, but I'd also like to see a team of villians a la' the Masters of Evil. Considering that HYDRA are no match for the Avengers (or even one of 'em like Cap), I could easily see them doing what Fury did, seeking out superpowered folks who believe in their cause to pit against them. And if you wanted to link Crimson Dynamo in there, why not take a que from ULTIMATES 2 and bring in Abomination (so Hulk could get in there). In fact, the entire "villian team" from ULTIMATES 2 could work, just without the anti-Bush bleating. Schizoid Man, Swarm, etc, they all are already made designs.

Dread said:
Not a bad idea, although I have grown weary of the "teammate betrays the team and they have to fight them" plot point from the ULTIMATES/ULTIMATES 2 comic, where that plot point has been all but done to death. I like Widow enough here that just up and making her an evil mole would seem like a waste. About the only way I could see it as working would be if they played it a bit like how Bendis is playing Spider-Woman in NEW AVENGERS; a spy for HYDRA because of some dark secret, but she doesn't want to be because she's grown to like their cause and so on (and Steve). It would make it more interesting then her just going bad.

Of course, the leader of HYDRA is Baron Wolfgang Von Strucker, who may seem repeatitive as yet another Nazi-esuqe bad guy. I like attaching Crimson Dynamo, though. I think it is about time the Avengers fought a team of villians, y'know, bad guys whose members can match the Avengers. Considering Thor betrayed Odin, for instance, maybe Loki actually gets PERMISSION from the gods to set about against him, for instance.

Even with Pym dead, you could still get Ultron out of him; you could claim that a program for AI was "in his notes" or something and someone else decides to carry on his work, unleashing the evil andriod onto the world. I could easily see Wasp doing that to sort of try to honor his memory by seeing some of his inventions through.

Not a bad idea. I'd like to see more of HYDRA, but I'd also like to see a team of villians a la' the Masters of Evil. Considering that HYDRA are no match for the Avengers (or even one of 'em like Cap), I could easily see them doing what Fury did, seeking out superpowered folks who believe in their cause to pit against them. And if you wanted to link Crimson Dynamo in there, why not take a que from ULTIMATES 2 and bring in Abomination (so Hulk could get in there). In fact, the entire "villian team" from ULTIMATES 2 could work, just without the anti-Bush bleating. Schizoid Man, Swarm, etc, they all are already made designs.

I've never read an Ultimates comic, sorry but its true. So, I really haven't heard of anything you just posted. The only thing I did know that was comic accurate was Widow's betrayal. And I wouldn't have her be truly evil. She would so attached to SHIELD and her fellow Avengers (Captain America, mostly), that she almost forgets why she is here. I would have the ending like Hawkgirls in the Justice League movie, Starcrossed. She would have, in the end, helped her fellow teammates but in the end, realizes that she will never be truly trusted again. She leaves the team. OR There's always the noble thing about sacrificing your life to save the ones that you've planned to kill.

I think the idea of having another team go up against the Avengers is a bit too campy. It's too, blah (in my opinion only). Plus, that would be a lot of characters to tackle. But, with all of HYDRA's advanced weaponry and sheer number of soldiers, they pose of formidable threat against the Avengers. With Cap and his emotional baggage, I'm to believe that he would go after Widow himself, just as Iron Man will go after Crimson Dynamo. That leaves Wasp, Thor, and (another character I'd like to have introduced) Hawkeye to fight off an army of soldiers.

Plus, it would be a great departure from the tired Chitauri/world domination thing.

Oh, I do agree with you on the fact that Baron Strucker should not be head of HYDRA (way too many Nazi's already). I was thinking about Viper, but I want someone a bit more threatening. I know that may sound sexist, but I want someone to go fist to fist with Fury.

Have Hydra init and possible add the red skull. Or maybe the masters of evil.That would be nice. But more than likely I could see them going to asgard.

I think there's no reason it couldn't be Baron Strucker.

But if I wanted to do another plot, I'd dial it down a notch and instead go into the realms of Avengers plots rather than Ultimates plots. I'd do Immortus or Loki with their godlike and strange abilities to provide a contrast.

Willowhugger said:
Marvel is steadily improving.

I point out UA is still loads better than Fantastic Four.
They need to start over and do what DC is going to do. PG-13 straight adaptions of comic stories.

ShadowBoxing said:
They need to start over and do what DC is going to do. PG-13 straight adaptions of comic stories.

First of all, I hope Marvel doesn't take advice from DC anytime soon. Second of all, you are never going to get a word for word comic book adaptation, animated or not. DC might have the same title and everything, but I can gurantee there will be some changes. (I mean, seriously, look what they're planning on doing with Green Latern)

Tony Stark said:
Also I hope Pym is not really dead. He hasn't created Ultron yet.

The Hank Pym that "died" was really a synthezoid created by Ultron to infiltrate the Avengers as he kept his "father" held captive. Ultimate Avengers 3 should be based on a REAL Avengers book...

0785107746.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Introduce Vision, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver and give Thor his real hammer!

ShadowBoxing said:

Dude, PG-13 crap is still crap.

Yes, Operation: Galactic Storm would kick ass.

But no offense do you want to watch an 1:30 long story of people trying to knock up Mantis?

Willowhugger said:
But no offense do you want to watch an 1:30 long story of people trying to knock up Mantis?

Trying or succeeding?

BoBByJoMo said:
Since UA2: Rise of the Panther just came out (a great sequel to an already good film), I thought it would be fitting to post ideas of a third installment. I know that Marvel is currently developing an Iron Man and Dr. Strange film, but you never know.

Here it is:

ULTIMATE AVENGERS III: BETRAYAL

Across the globe, the Avengers are trying to rebuild a damaged world due to the recent Chitauri attacks. However, when a Hulk sighting is discovered, the Avengers are assembled at SHIELD HQ to take down their former ally.

Unbeknownst to the Avengers, however, is the real threat. Black Widow, second-in-command and a powerful ally, has a hidden agenda involving the terrorist organization HYDRA.

Armed with stolen knowledge of Iron Man's suit designs, thanks to Widow, HYDRA develops their own version: Crimson Dynamo.

The Avengers must now go up against not only HYDRA's army of soldiers and Crimson Dynamo, a greater power than Iron Man, but they must face reality and attack one that they love.

In an adventure that will bring the Avengers half way around the world, bonds will be broken and lines will be drawn as the heroes go up against their greatest challenge yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, what do you think?

The main baddies would be:

Crimson Dynamo
Black Widow
HYDRA Leader (Viper, maybe?)
HYDRA soldiers

I think it'd be a cool way to cap of a trilogy, to find out that one of their own has been a spy all along. And with Captain America and Widow dating (UA2), this could lead to a very emotional climax.

Captain vs. Widow

Iron Man vs. Crimson Dynamo

Avengers/SHIELD vs. HYDRA
Not bad, not bad.

as long as there are different villans I'm fine with it

YJ1 said:
The Hank Pym that "died" was really a synthezoid created by Ultron to infiltrate the Avengers as he kept his "father" held captive.
:confused: What are you on?

Chris Wallace said:
:confused: What are you on?

lol.

Seriously, however, I don't want these films (if they are to continue) to get all complicated with resurrections and such. Hank Pym died a hero and should remain dead. Have him be replaced with another Avenger such as Ultimate Hawkeye.

I do, however, think that whoever the Avengers go up against next, they should not only be more powerful and on a more realistic scale (Aliens:rolleyes:), but they should also have a more personal, emotional impact on the team. In the two first films, the Avengers were just fighting some bland alien race, with Captain America the only one who really has a grudge and history with. But if someone should betray the team, say Black Widow, that would lead to not only a great smackdown, but emotional turmoils.

Oh, I think we can agree the idea has merit. Plus it has roots in the comics.

BoBByJoMo said:
Ultimate Avengers 3 Ideas
Please no more Ultimates, enough already

Future animation and live movie projects should all be regular original universe

Not buying anymore Ultimate Avengers the second was a total was of time and money :down

Dude, I want all projects to be set in the same universe.

No keeping everything seperate. Bruce Timm had it right, it's all in the same universe.

I don't think the live action movie should be 'ultimates' but having an Ultimates-like cartoon doesn't hurt anything at all. And nothing can be in the origional universe because those stories have already been told, and no one's going to take two years out of their life to retell a story that's already been told well the first time...

That said, for UA3, I'd keep BP, and definitely add Ultron, and by the end of the Movie Vision... in fact in my version, a robot with V.I.S.I.O.N. software, designed by the late great Hank Pym would be added to the Team, and only later would all the castrophe be led back to him, and it be discovered his Ultron (Ultimate Electronics) hardware was 'reprogramming' the world on a Hank-Pym-like ego trip. Electronic and computer disasters, the armies of the world attack the Avengers, and use either Hydra or the Chitauri as a red herring. Or both. That of course would be my plot for the first live action avengers as well... (except without pym dead) but perhaps that's just me...

Iron Man was not Ultimate and Dr Strange looks regular to me; hopefully they go around and overlook all Ultimates from now on and even have a regular Captain America animation movie with regular WW2 and modern design side-wings and all, and a Thor animation too with the real costume design, real hammer, helmet on, red cape, staying as far away from the ultimate Village People design

i'd like to see red skull in the third one and have it tell of cap's invaders days too so the like of namor,torch,union jack and spitfire are in it too....
and when the threat of the red skull with a new team of super powered nazis emerges its up to cap and the ultivengers to save the day..but they'll need help from some old friends!!!

(basically slightly based on caps current stroyliner in captain america)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"