Question for all those who have seen "Ultimate Avengers 2" DVD...

CConn said:
Huh. If you read The Ultimates at any time, I would think it'd ruin your enjoyment of UA. :o:(

Nope. Not at all. I can enjoy UA for what it is. :super:

samurai black said:
Yeah,the 1st one was classic bc it followed the book more, this sequel seemed like the writers freestyled the script, leaving us with senseless deaths and illogical romances.
I admit the 2nd one did feel kind of disjointed -- plus Giant-Man's death seemed to lack the necessary impact that a heroic death should have.

C. Lee said:
I haven't read the Ultimates books...so I didn't know how close they were to the original stories.

So...the were-panther stuff isn't something addressed and answered in the books...because I was wondering about that myself.

There isn't even an Ultimate Black Panther in the books yet. Just goes to show how much they care about the actual Ultimates source material.

Why they even call it Ultimates, I have no idea.

Make no mistake people, there is nothing "Ultimate" about these Avengers at all. They are more like The Avengers more than anything else.

I don't really mind though since Ultimates sucks anyway. Marvel and LGF were smart enough to see that Ultimates straight up as animated movies would not sell as broadly.

Did anyone else find Giant-Man's death emotionally underwhelming?

TheVileOne said:
There isn't even an Ultimate Black Panther in the books yet. Just goes to show how much they care about the actual Ultimates source material.

Why they even call it Ultimates, I have no idea.

Make no mistake people, there is nothing "Ultimate" about these Avengers at all. They are more like The Avengers more than anything else.

I don't really mind though since Ultimates sucks anyway. Marvel and LGF were smart enough to see that Ultimates straight up as animated movies would not sell as broadly.
That's interesting...I had assumed that the movies were following the books. In any event, I like the movies...so maybe I should stay away from the books altogether.

Dr. Fate said:
The way they played him up as such a big jerk...I guess it really didn't bother me much that he died.

LOL that was true for me too. I was like "He died? good, he deserved it."

As for both movies, I love the thor character most, I want to know more about him, that's why I wish this whole thing were a tv series so they'd have more time for character development because obviously in their running time, there's little time to give all of them their own spotlight . Cap gets the most since the first movie and here it's he and Panther who are the focus. The rest are just hanging around mostly having some soap opera drama. Hulk's was pretty good, though I don't really like this version of banner. He seems like a jerk in the first avengers that I was kinda glad he was trapped in this one.

Well anyway the fights and the blood, and cap getting shot more than 50cent and still fighting, aww man that was some cool stuff.

I was mildly surprised when he died, but I didn't really care.

I was happy Tony lived.

Also, how was Thor able to revive Tony and not Giant-man? And why did he revive Tony instead?

I was under the impression Thor recharged Tony's life support systems.

I thought that was pretty cool with what Thor was able to do there. I was even more happier when he was being interrupted by Odin etc. Awesome stuff there.

So have they announced whether they'll make a UA3? Hopefully this time Hawkeye will be introduced.

And no I had no problem with Steve and Widow getting together.

C. Lee said:
That's interesting...I had assumed that the movies were following the books. In any event, I like the movies...so maybe I should stay away from the books altogether.
thata a good idea c.lee

You never see what happened to the rest of the invading aliens all around the world either. After they basically leveled everything.

TheVileOne said:
You never see what happened to the rest of the invading aliens all around the world either. After they basically leveled everything.
Actually, as soon as they destroy the "mothership" thingy above Wakanda, you see alien vessles around the world just start collapsing. I remember this, because I got a good laugh out of the fact that London Bridge(?) remained in tact throughout the entire invasion, but didn't get destroyed until the aliens were defeated.

Well that wasn't in the version I saw. No London Bridges falling down.

I think the hippie lines about Thor were stupid considering Thor in Ultimate Avengers isn't a hippie activist.

TheVileOne said:
Well that wasn't in the version I saw. No London Bridges falling down.
Are you sure? Just after Giant Man and Iron Man fall from the exploding space ship, you see the sky start to clear all over the world.

Once again, no London bridges. I did see this at Comic Con. Which was good because I didn't have to waste any money on the DVD again :) .

Dr. Fate said:

Yes I did. I was hoping he would smack his wife around a little so that we could get a Cap vs Giant Man fight. Oh well. :csad:

As for the movie itself, I saw it at Comic Con in San Diego. I'm glad I saw it for free, I won't be buying this movie. I think it would have been better if it followed the books and not seem like the second half of the first movie.

Spidey Rules 2 said:
Yes I did. I was hoping he would smack his wife around a little so that we could get a Cap vs Giant Man fight. Oh well. :csad:

As for the movie itself, I saw it at Comic Con in San Diego. I'm glad I saw it for free, I won't be buying this movie. I think it would have been better if it followed the books and not seem like the second half of the first movie.
maybe it WAS the second half of the first:ninja:

Dr. Fate said:
Do you apporve of the Captain America/Black Widow romance in the animated feature "Ultimate Avengers 2"? Yes? No? Undecided?

I'm curious to see what others think.
I had no problem with it. I could take or leave it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"