Ultimate DC

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
Okay, All Star has the best of intentions. Take the best parts of a character's history and put them together in a brand new storyline. So far; All Star Batman doesn't have that. If he does, somewhere, where is it? Superman does, Wonder Woman is planned to have it, and Batgirl may not have it but like Wonder Woman they're not really known beyond what we know now.

But when it comes down to it, you look at what Marvel did to their Ultimate line with the characters and the update in their history, and add that with Wizard's proposed Ultimate DC idea, you start to wonder why didn't they just do an Ultimate DC. While I myself in my history have said I semi-like All Star Batman, I would rather have that than All Star. And if not an Ultimate in the title, well then I would accept All Star but make the characters and continuitys together and not seperate.

So what would you expect if they did an Ultimate DC line? Come up with ideas of what-ifs with DC's actions, or come up with your own ideas on what these characters would be like in their Ultimate incarnation. If you can, you could post up what the costumes may look like if you don't like or see an alternative to the proposed Ultimate DC costumes from Wizard.

Superman.gif

Kal-El of Krypton
Ambassador

The Planet Krypton did not explode, and as such, its inhabitants would live, including Jor-El and his family. Years later, he and his brother Zor-El attempt a flight to the planet Earth with an expiremental space-craft. Returning to Krypton a year later, they decide to take their families along (as well as some others) to the planet Earth and move in, to share their Kryptonian knowledge with the world.

Kal-El grows up in the city of New Kandor, a hidden city on Earth, fully aware of his Kryptonian heritage. Under the effects of the yellow sun he gains superpowers, and for a long time uses them to protect the city. Now, with the excistence of New Kandor revealed to the public at large, and an influx of Kryptonians who are re-locating, Kal-El has moved to a global perspective where he serves as the Ambassador of Krypton and New Kandor, and agreed to become the chairman of a UN-sanctioned Justice League.

Batman.gif

Bruce Wayne of Earth
Surgeon

Bruce Wayne's parents did not die, but instead were saved by Jor-El who, with the use of the powers he gained under the Earth's yellow sun, took a trip on the world, only to save the lives of the Waynes in Gotham City's Crime Alley.

Young Bruce Wayne would grow up to go to med-school, and studying under Dr. Charles McNider (former war-time superhero Doctor Mid-Nite) would become one of the best surgeons in the world. Once approached by CIA to perform surgery on some of its most secret operatives, Bruce Wayne became the target of a conspiracy to overthrow the government. Resorting to martial arts skills that he had picked up as a kid, Bruce Wayne also used his keen intellect and uncovered the entire scheme. Inspired by this deed and his mentor, Bruce Wayne created the identity of the Batman.

With the formation of the Justice League, Batman has unofficially become one of its members, the UN keeping his involvement a secret. Officially the Batman does not exist.

WonderWoman.gif

Diana of Themyscira
Ambassador

Diana of Themyscira is an Amazon, and serves as the female race's greatest warrior. After a short conflict between Themyscira and the UN, Wonder Woman agreed to join the Justice League and become the Amazon Ambassador.

She is a warrior at heart, and has found herself to feel strangely comfortable around men with a similar warrior spirit.

Aquaman1.jpg

Orin of Atlantis
Ambassador

Although bearing the curse of Kordax, the one known as Aquaman would return to his native Atlantis to rise as its rightful ruler. Seeing the decay and pollution of the waters, Aquaman has sometimes led missions of warfare to the surface land, but has mellowed after Atlantis joining the UN.

Orin serves to be the UN ambassador of Atlantis, and also keeps his part-time job as King of the waters, leaving most duties to his advisor Vulko. Of all the Justice Leaguers, he is the most absent, dividing his time between his kingship and his role as superhero.

GreenLantern.gif

Guy Gardner of Earth
Green Lantern of Space Sector 2814

When Abin Sur crashlanded to Earth, he sent his ring out to choose a worthy succesor. Social worker Guy Gardner was closest, and was picked to become the new Green Lantern. After training on Oa, Guy returned to Earth, and has since acted as the only 'legitimate' superhero on the planet, serving not only the UN but also the Guardians of Oa.

Forsaking his secret identity, Guy has become one of the most promising Green Lanterns, dividing his time between the Justice League and his Green Lantern duties, spending a lot of time off-world for both groups, either protecting other planets or doing monitor-duty.

Flash.gif

Barry Allen of Earth
Police scientist

It was inevitable. One of Krypton's scientists found a human/kryptonian hybrid to be possible, and as an experiment injected various pregnant mothers with a strange mix of Kryptonian genes. Of all infected, it would be only Barry Allen's mother that would survive and produce offspring.

Inheriting the superspeed that came natural to Kryptonians under a yellow sun, Barry Allen broke all speed records but sought his refuge in police work, becoming a scientist. Eventually his powers matured, to even surpass those Kryptonians that had been around longer than him. He truly became the fastest man alive.

Seeing a potential to do good, and inspired by the war-time hero Jay Garrick (the first Flash), Barry Allen followed in those footsteps and became the second Flash.

MartianManhunter.gif

J'onn J'onzz of Mars

If the existence of the Batman is classified, the Martian Manhunter's even moreso. Arriving on Earth after his planet's destruction, J'onn assimilated himself into Earth Culture, adopting the identity of John Jones. Ultimately, he would be captured by the government, and was used as a mass-telepathic tool, serving as a large information-broker.

With the formation of the Justice League, J'onn has served as the team's co-ordinator, and has helped them out on some adventures, unbeknownst to them. Even to the Justice League, the full extent of his existence remains a secret.

(vol. 1)
New Kandor is growing and growing. More and more Kryptonians are travelling to Earth, and the population keeps increasing by the day. While Jor-El, acting as the ruler of New Kandor, must contemplate what to do with this influx, his son, is fighting alongside the League against the Appellaxan invasion.

Seven aliens have come from the heavens in order to use the Earth as battleground for their power struggle. With the Justice League already formed, the Appellaxans are quickly taken care of and an alien invasion is averted. The League is heralded all over the world, except in the Metropolis offices of Lex Luthor.

Seeing that, although an Appelaxan crisis has been averted, the steadying influx of Kryptonians can not be a good sign, Lex Luthor starts to openly discredit the League, and creates his own counter-organisation. K.R.Y.P.T.O.N.I.T.E. is formed, as a public group that oppose the coming of the Kryptonians. The group is funded mostly by the elite of society, amongst them Lex Luthor, Oliver Queen and Bruce Wayne, who all openly wear a black bandana with a red K on it.

After another succesful mission with the League, Superman is bombarded with questions by the press, as well as a group of protestors who do not stick to only throwing questions at him. Although he is openly defended by the other public members of the League, it is to no avail, as the anti-Krypton movements gain in members by the day, as fear for other superpowered Kryptonians grows.

Meanwhile, Bruce Wayne struggles with his place amongst the League. Openly funding K.R.Y.P.T.O.N.I.T.E. while working alongside Superman is leaving him in unrest, and he eventually decides to travel to New Kandor. There, he stumbles upon three Kryptonians, obvious criminals, who have figured out means of getting powers on the planet, and are using solar technology to do so.

Returning to the League, Batman rallies them to prepare for the three Kryptonians, and his already fragile alliance with Superman has crumbled. Eventually, after a League meeting, Superman stays behind, using his X-Ray vision, finding out Bruce's true identity.

"Bruce, how can you support that group?"
"Considering you just proved my point, how can I not?"

Finally, sufficiently powered, the three Kryptonians start to wreak havoc on the planet, and the League is called in to take care of them. Meanwhile, Jor-El has decided that his actions have brought this upon Earth, and that ultimately, it's his responsibility. He starts to prepare for the evacuation of New Kandor, and for its citizens to return to Krypton.

The battle with the three Kryptonians is fought across the world, as Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash and Green Lantern are narrowly able to defend themselves against their combined powers. The recent tensions with the Anti-Kryptonian movement has had its effect on the group, and they work less as a team.

While the League fights the Kryptonians, Bruce has once more travelled to New Kandor, in search of a way to take out the criminals. There, he finds Jor-El's own diary, and in it, it is revealed how Jor-El saved the lives of Martha and Thomas Wayne, and his sadness at seeing Bruce funding K.R.Y.P.T.O.N.I.T.E.

Seeing the error of his ways, the Batman arrives on the battle, and is able to use a drainer of solar energy to sap the powers of the Kryptonians. In the moment however, a young reporter called Jimmy Olsen is able to photograph the Batman. While the battle was fought however, New Kandor has been evacuated. Waiting for his son on a hill top nearby New Kandor, is Jor-El.

The departure of the Kryptonians has gone past Kal-El, who has been in continious hiding from the public, and later, fighting the criminals. Batman points him to where Jor-El is. Kal-El intends to travel back with his family too Krypton, but Jor-El urges him to stay, and prove that not all Kryptonians are criminals.

One month later, the League has all but been disbanded:
- Superman remains sitting on that hill-top, looking at the stars.
- The existence of the Batman is now public, but has been declared dead by the government. Bruce Wayne has been spending a lot of time with his parents.
- Guy Gardner has decided to leave Earth and patrol his sector.
- Aquaman returns to Atlantis, seeing how the surface people can quickly turn against its heroes, and outsiders.
- Wonder Woman and Flash (as well as the Martian Manhunter) remain in the service of the UN.

Issue titles:
Issue #1 Invasion! (And Justice For All: Part I)
Issue #2 Origin Of The Justice League! (And Justice For All: Part II)
Issue #3 The Justice Society of America! (And Justice For All: Part III)
Issue #4 Fan Mail (K.R.Y.P.T.O.N.I.T.E.: Part I)
Issue #5 (K.R.Y.P.T.O.N.I.T.E.: Part II)
Issue #6 (K.R.Y.P.T.O.N.I.T.E.: Part III)
Issue #7 Justice League No More! (End Of The World: Prologue)
Issue #8 All Good Things Come In Three (End Of The World: Part I)
Issue #9 (End Of The World: Part II)
Issue #10 (End Of The World: Part III)
Issue #11 (End Of The World: Part IV)
Issue #12 The End (End Of The World: Conclusion)

Story-arcs:
And Justice For All (#1-3): Opening arc that introduces the League and their members.
K.R.Y.P.T.O.N.I.T.E. (#4-6): Middle arc dealing with the rise of the Anti-Kryptonian movement.
End Of The World (#7-12): Closing arc that deals with the three Kryptonian criminals and the departure of the Kryptonians from Earth.

29 mintues after my posted to write all that? That was quick.

Although the Krypton not destroyed thing, and it affecting most of the superheroes, reminds me of Ratner's/McG's Superman movie idea. Which, what I'm saying is, that idea is bad.

Thats because he's written it before. This is like the millionth Ultimate DC thread.

After thinking about it, I have my own ideas for Ultimate DC. I think you might like it as well. I will be taking what was good (the couple that were good) from that Wizard Ultimate DC pitch but then blend it with other eras, mediums, similar to All Star but with more sense, more starting with what the characters would be like at first and then lead them into what are they are and became.

So expect my ideas later but still feel free to reply to this.

why is it that every time someone posts something 5 people show up to say that it is the millionth time someone has posted this. Guys by posting here you are keeping this thread going. besides how many people look back through the pages to find boards to chat on. not me i grab ones that have been talked on in the last day or so.

why is it that every time someone posts something 5 people show up to say that it is the millionth time someone has posted this. Guys by posting here you are keeping this thread going. besides how many people look back through the pages to find boards to chat on. not me i grab ones that have been talked on in the last day or so.

So its our fault you're a lazy *******?

It's not so much that this is the millionth thread that bugs me, it's that people are still so damn hung up on the idea of an Ultimate DC. It isn't going to happen! All Star proved that much. And considering half the people here don't even like Ultimate Marvel, it flabbergasts me even more.

Again, I mean no offense to you, Binker, you woolly little nerf herder. I'm speaking only of the comic reading community in general. At least on this site.

^I'd really have to agree. It feels like we get at least two Ultimate DC threads per month or something, and someone will invariably post those damned Wizard pics, and then people will go through the exact same complaints that have been made about those pics and origins that everyone already agrees with, and then someone's going to bring up All-Star even though All-Star really has little to do with the Ultimate Marvel universe, and then everyone makes out with some kangaroos.

That last part was really my own wishful thinking.

The thing about Ultimate DC is, it's a nice thought... but it's never going to reach fruition. It's been tried so many times, and since DC seems so keen on continuing All Stars as it's answer to Marvel's Ultimate, I think it's as close as we're ever going to get. The only form that Ultimate DC is ever going to actually exist in is through fan based ideas on the concept.

That said, I'm going to post my own ideas at some point because I'm bored as hell.

Here is my ULTIMATE SUPERMAN. Keep in mind, I used ideas from my Superman origin ideas, and then combined it with new ideas just for this and the Wizard pitch.

ULTIMATE SUPERMAN:

THE ORIGIN: Staring out: a green planet explodes and a small ship rockets to the outer reaches of space, and then heads to Earth landing in a Smallville Kansas field. Adopted by Martha and Jonathan Kent, the infant is raised like any other child, but the Kents soon learn their adopted son Clark is anything but ordinary. Under the Earth's yellow sun, he's developed powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men.

THE CHARACTER: Clark is friends with Lana Lang and Lex Luthor, from their high school years. He has just graduated from the universityhas been offered an entry level job at the Daily Planet, which he takes. When he arrives in Metropolis, it feels like a dream come true and is excited to be in the city. He does not know anything of his Kryptonian heritage. When his powers surfaced, he kept it a secret of his parents and friends and used it in secret for his fun. He has done research and he doesn't believe himself to be an alien. Instead, he looks at various books involving possible people, possible theories, that may explain his powers. The one he believes that could be what he is is from Friedrich Nietzsche' Super-Man theory. While he rejects what Nietzsche' says about this super-man rejected the soul (which Clark is not like that) the fact of a super-human sounds like its what he is. Since that theory is in his mind, he decides to use the word "Superman" as his alter-ego.

AS THE SUPERHERO: Clark, at night, is a costumed viligante. He was never like this in his high school years, nor in his university years, he starts this when he's in Metropolis. He wears something just like what he wears in Smallville now of a blue T-shirt with a red jacket. The only difference is that he wears his hair back (no "S" yet) and wears sunglasses with the jacket's hood over. Blue gloves with black boots. Combination of serveral clothing ideas. After a couple of appearences, he decides since he likes being a "super" hero he makes an "S" shield and puts it on his blue T-shirt.

HIS POWERS: From his teens to somewhere in the middle of the first arc or second arc, his powers are of the physical level only. He can leap 1/8 a mile, run as fast as a train, telescopic vision, super breath, hearing and strength. After the first or second arc, his powers grow more. Flight, super-speed, heat vision/X-ray vision, etc. He's not very scared of these new powers and feels even more excited of things he can do now than before. I want there to be a scene where Superman fights a gang and shows to the people who are seeing him his powers. Once he uses his heat vision of a car who is about to ram him, and explodes after the passengers jump out, he turns around and sees everyone scared of him. That's where he learns a lesson and starts to change himself as the superhero. Ironically, this happens around his 30th birthday.

AS A KRYPTONIAN AND HOW HE GETS THE COSTUME: After the incident where everyone is scared of him from his new powers, he goes home at Smallville and finally reveals to his parents his long secret of having super-powers. As a surprise to him, the Kents reveal to him another secret which blows away Clark's super-man theory: he is an alien. Pa Kent shows him a pod located in a hidden second storm cellar. Inside is nothing but a crystal. Clark thinks he should be mad at his parents for not telling him but he then feels he should blame himself for not telling them his ablilties. In the end, Clark thanks his parents for tellign him and gets a clear view of who he is. Returning to Metropolis, Clark is asleep when the crystal comes to life and lights up. Clark awakes to see the crystal in the air and shows him with a white beam. He then appears in the artic with the crystal now in his hand. Flashes of visions enter his head from the crystal and he gets the feeling to lay it down, which he does. The crystal releases its kryptonain micro-machines to create a Fortress from the inside-out.

There, in front of him, Clark sees the crystal becoming a computer console. He touches it and it lights up, then like before he is hit with a beam that causes him to change clothes and appear somewhere else. He is on Krypton. In his mind he is Clark, but outside and not in control of his actions, he is Jor-El. He watches as Jor-El talks to the council, then hearing the sounds, and then going home to Lara to put the baby, Kal-El, in the ship. The same ship Clark saw at the Kent storm cellar. Then as the ship leaves, Jor-El kisses Lara and are engulfed in flames. Clark screams as the feeling is so real he feels he is in flames. But then he is snapped out from it and back in the Fortress.

He learns about Krypton from the console by taking a sick day from the Planet. He reaches a data point of the Kryptonian military and sees the battle uniform of the color blue with whatever symbol of that soldier representing his home. Clark likes this costume and then tells another computer area to recreate it with some changes (like his new "S" shield design which is of Kingdom Come and a cape). Its created and when Clark returns to Metropolis, he shows up with his new costume as Superman.

SUPPORTING CAST:

Lana Lang - she is still Clark's girlfriend at the beginning of the series. She is in France as she is in art school. Even though Clark & Lana believe they can handle a long-distance relationship, Clark having feelings for Lois and Lana seeing old friend Pete Ross and the romatic bonding they have causes Clark & Lana to break up from beign boyfriend/girlfriend. Later on, they will become and stay as friends.

Lois Lane - the tenacious and clever reporter who Clark is attracted to. She, and Clark, are protégés of Planet senior writer Perry White, the man who mentors Lois and Clark in their work and since he and Lois are friends, he mentors Lois on her personal life too. She has this way of being friends with Clark and then quickly becoming rivals then changign back to friends when it comes to reporting, like the mysterious Superman. It is then revealed later Lois in a military family and how her father was over protected from her, she wanted to get out and do things that normally her father didn't see her doing. As for Clark & Superman, Lois is attracted to both. Clark is someone who understands her and takes her seriously while Superman is prince-charming to her. Lois ends up fighting within herself because as much she likes to be Superman, the relationship would be hard to keep and mostly likely not work. Whereas with Clark, it would work. So its a battle within herself. And she is VERY smart. And is shown when she thinks of Superman and sees Clark and gets.....an idea.....in 10 seconds.

Lex Luthor - A billionaire industrialist who re-emerges after a four year disappearence from public life. He and Clark are old high school buddies who are still friends in Metropolis. When he is with Clark, or in public for that matter, he is seen like the newspapers who say bad things about him are all lies. But once he is not with Clark and inside his company, he is shown otherwise. He becomes greedy to get the money from developing weapons and sites for either the military or the public. But when he is doped, he sabotages the other himself so they will have to use his creations. When it comes to Superman, he takes a more human approach. At first he doesn't care for Superman but after things like his new powers and the people being scared, he gets involved most likely from fear. He then creates many situations and designs to either combat or study Superman. Because he points out the question of "what will we do if this thing takes over the world?". So at first he will be similar to the army against the Hulk but then it will get serious with him when Superman himself finds out and reveals Luthor's evil and scheming plots which results in Luthor losing (not alot) of money and resources. It is then that Luthor changes and plots on killing Superman. This creates a dilemma for Clark as while all thsi happens, he is still friends with Luthor but enemies with Suprman.

Daily Planet Editors George Taylor & Perry White - George Taylor is the old editor to the Daily Planet. Perry White is the new co-editor. Taylor is more of a strict editor than White is but when health problems forces him to leave the Planet with White becoming the sole editor of the whole newspaper. He is mentor to Lois & Clark and their friend.

Jimmy Olsen - A 22-year old computer programmer for the Daily Planet who got kicked out from his mother's house because he was lazy from finding a job and spent time on the computer. He has a crush on Lois Lane and could be having thought sabout her when he is waiting for something or on a break and Lois is in the room. When he is told to help Lois & Clark on assignment, he is given a camera to do pictures which Jimmy finds boring. A couple of adventures involving Superman makes him change job postions to photographer.

Although the Krypton not destroyed thing, and it affecting most of the superheroes, reminds me of Ratner's/McG's Superman movie idea. Which, what I'm saying is, that idea is bad.
Why, thank you. I'm glad you actually took the time to read through it and look on how I would plan on executing it. But, y'know, I'm glad that your idea of giving constructive criticism in a thread you yourself created means you just get to make broad general statements.

So, y'know, I haven't read your bit, but I'm sure it sucks.

Thats because he's written it before. This is like the millionth Ultimate DC thread.
Score!

Superman: Basically, he starts out as a more modern adept Clark Kent. He grows up with Pete Ross, Lana Lang, and Chloe Sullivan, like on Smallville. (However, he doesn't meet Lex until later on) But his progression from farmboy to city life is actually rather quick. About three months into his internship on The Daily Planet tabloid staff, desperately trying to be noticed by it's star reporter in Lois Lane, Clark is summoned back to Smallville only to be told of his alien heritage for the first time. It seems that Jor-El and Lara left a series of subliminal messages within an earthbound artic cave that may hold the key to Clark's true destiny.

Years ago, Jor-El and Lara traveled to Earth themselves in order to perform observational studies on humankind. In their time, they built the Fortress as a means to eventually teach humans about them, in order to instill a universal knowledge of all it's history, even off-planet. But they had arrived by teleporter... teleporters of which were destroyed not long after Jor-El and Lara returned from their Earthly studies, due to the impending destruction of Krypton, thus forcing them to send Kal-El to Earth by means of an escape pod.

Only possessing the abilities of super speed, strength, invulnerability, hearing, heat vision, and artic breath at this point, Clark goes on a long journey across the world, sending back a bunch of false accounts of a story he's covering to The Planet's editor, Perry White. But when he actually gets to the cave, Clark is shocked to discover that the place was already prepared with the last remaining pieces of Kryptonian technology. This includes a Navy/Crimson kryptonian battlesuit that binds itself to the DNA of any kryptonian who wears it.

After about a month of learning the messages engraved all along the cave and the language they're written in, Clark packs the suit and makes the journey back to Metropolis, with a newfound respect for who he is and where he came from. But he still feels as if he accomplished nothing, as he questions his place in the world.

Lex Luthor, a young megolomaniac who's obsessed with the concept of remaking the world in his own rather Shakesperian ideal, is the unseen leader behind Metropolis' newest mafia force dubbed 'Intergang'. John Corben acts as his consigliere and bodyguard, surveying all war projects used with Luthor's wealth. His plan is to have Intergang hold Metropolis for ransom so that he can stop them with his corrupted police force, thus saving the city and allowing for him to come in with his own changes that would eventually be put on a worldwide scale.

But once his plan is put into motion, Clark decides to spring into action for the first time, taking the suit, a red Kryptonian battle robe that he aqquired from the cave, and a strange diamond warshield that he places over his chest. Using his powers to thwart Intergang before Lex has the chance to stop them himself, Clark is instantly outed to the world as a mysterious, superpowered force. Renamed 'The Superman Of Another World' for the Daily Planet tabloid, Lois Lane makes it her goal to expose Superman for a menace that she sees him to be. (This is before they actually meet, inwhich Lois begins doubting)

Superman wouldn't fly at first, instead using his strength and speed to leap long and far distances. But eventually, he'd hone the ability to levitate, before gradually moving to flight.

Lex, felt beaten to the punch by Superman, decides to toy with him, testing out his various amazing powers with everything from flamethrowing terrorists to a 'Metallo' battlesuit donned John Corben. Eventually Superman confronts Luthor, but of course, Luthor escapes his convictions, actually instilling that he may be an innocent man in Clark's mind. (This would work out to be a massive betrayal on Lex's part, when he'd discover a rare radiation emitting from a batch of moonrocks at the ocean's surface.)

Lex's ultimate goal would be to use Superman to carry out his own reimagining of the world, trying to understand his powers so he can best them and force Superman to do his own bidding. But naturally, it'd take alot more than Lex would realise to carry this out. So after many failed attempts, Lex would make his own Superman... thus the birthing of the monster Bizarro.

Jimmy Olsen's role really wouldn't change that much. He'd be the geeky kid that Lois has to stand up for at every turn, something that Clark admires about her as he pines after her from afar. But her apparent hatred and perhaps even fear towards Superman keeps him at distance.

Martha Kent would be the only living family Clark would have, Jonathan dying long before Clark became Superman, which would prompt Clark's move to Metropolis... to get away from all of the memories. But in the end, it would be Jonathan's inspiration that would inspire Superman to use his powers for the good of all mankind.

Batman: Watching his parents murdered in a carjacking on Park Row Blv. of Gotham City, Thomas 'Bruce' Wayne IV would remain bitter at the world throughout his teenage years, believing it to be evil. The only people holding him back from overlapping madness would be his aide Alfred Pennyworth, his on-again off-again girlfriend/chilhood companion Julie Madison, and a friendly rival named Apollo "Harvey" Dent. Keeping him grounded up until the age of 18, Bruce would discover the horrible news that Julie was murdered along with her father by the mob boss Carmine Falcone.

Thrusted back into his angered state due to this, Bruce would use his wealth to try and escape who he is, believing himself to be somewhat of a curse on everyone he loves. But along the way, he encounters a french vigilante named Ducard taking out a gang of drug dealers. Seeing this as a possible solution for his troubles with criminality, Bruce asks Ducard to teach him his ways, to which Ducard accepts. It's revealed that Ducard has many vigilante followers, and thus, Bruce is thrown into the group as it's newest member. After a year with them in learning street combat and weapon usage, Bruce decides that he needs to learn more. Journeying to africa, He joins a tribe dedicated to the art of shadows and stealth.

Returning to Gotham at age 23 after finally feeling as if he has a purpose to use these skills to battle criminals, Bruce discovers that Gotham has been overrun with drug rings and the mafia. Carmine Falcone, using his influence to gain a spot in the mayor's office, has taken the city to an all time low. Angered by this, Bruce dons a dark mask and clothing in order to try and take them down. But he fails, and is almost killed in the ensuing battle with Falcone's goons.

Unmasked to their leader, Jack Napier, Bruce flees back to Wayne Manor for lifel. But Napier comes after him, knowing who he is. The battle and chase throughout the woods behind Wayne Manor lead Bruce and Napier to fall into a cave full of Bats. The Bats proceed to attack Napier and kill him, thus inspiring Bruce to use their frightful image through his own purpose.

Aqquiring his family owned hospital, Wayne Medical, Bruce runs it as it's financial backer alone, secretly using that as a front to gain access to it's advanced technology for his mission. Many of his gadgets end up being forged after customisation of medical tools, thus allowing for Bruce to only be limited by his own imagination when planning his assault on the Falcone mafia.

Bruce actually does take up a gun as apart of his expanding arsenal... One used by his father. He never feels comfortable using it unless he absolutely has to, to which he does on occasion. But mostly as a means of interrogation... not actual, lethal killing.

Using his wealth to build the suit, make the weapons, and allow for cheap-but-useful theatrics, Bruce becomes The mysterious Batman. Upon his initial first outings when he brutally injures key members of the Falcone mafia, Batman's exploits catch the attention of Police Commisioner James Gordon, who vows to bring the vigilante in, seeing him as more of an addition to the problem than a solution.

Gotham believes Batman to be a ghostly spirit that's haunted the city since day one, only now being angered by Falcone's corruption and 'lashing out' against the wicked of the city. This instills fear and mystique within the criminal camp, allowing Batman to act more freely and to his means in order to get the information he wants.

Bruce himself, per the advice of Alfred, adopts a more modern day playboy daytime persona, acting as a basically male version of Paris Hilton: A ditz who parties and flirts way too much throughout Gotham's nightclubs. This works to Bruce's adavantage, as he takes up residence within an inner-city penthouse, because every time he comes back from his nightly work as Batman, he's photographed by the paparazzi with messed hair and ruffled clothes, implying an alibi in itself for his disappearances.

Lucius Fox is the head surgeon of Wayne Medical, sometimes agreeing and disagreeing with his new, younger boss. But he suspects there's more potential to the young man than what meets the eye, prompting him to nearly discover Bruce's secret.

Alfred himself acts as more of a personal assitant to Bruce than a butler, always following him around on his buisness trips and visits to Wayne Medical. But behind the scenes, he supplies knowledge and information to Batman with a vast computer database built by the Wayne fortune.

The now DA Harvey Dent vocally opposes Batman, sighting him as the inspiration for all of the criminality in Gotham that follows once criminals like The Riddler, Catwoman, and the regious zealot known as The Monk begin to come out of the woodwork. This works in a bit of an irony, considering he eventually becomes insane, and dons a double sided mask as the vengeful Two-Face.

Gordon continues his quest to bring Batman to justice, despite the fact that Batman actually tries to convince him to join his crusade. Acting as somewhat of a lapdog for Deputy Mayor Gillian Loeb, Gordon is never truly able to go about the quest in his own way, thus Batman is never captured. But during a hostage situation at Gotham Elementary, where his two children are among the hostages, Gordon's mood is changed once Batman saves them.

The Batmobile is a modified nitro street racer, equipped with stealth modules and reinforced tires. Batman originally starts out with a motorcycle, but he eventually gravitates towards the car after the motorcycle is destroyed in pursuit of a ganglord calling himself The Joker.

The Joker is still as insane, but discreetly, hiding his face and features behind a harlequin mask as he taunts Batman with aristotle quotes and quips of irony, something he seems to be obsessed with, as demonstrated when he tries to murder Two-Face with an oversized replica of a silver dollar. His hair dyed green and the side of his face showing visible scarring, The Joker remains an enigma to even Batman himself as he tries to overthrow Falcone and his rival, Oswald Cobblepot. But eventually, Joker's primary concern becomes The Dark Knight, to the point where he only wants to destroy Gotham as a means of playing the ultimate irony against Batman in having a 'freak' destroy what he set out to save.

Bruce's psychiatrist would be a young Leslie Thompkins, who would deduce Bruce's true identity through their sessions. But for the sake of his quest, She keeps quiet about it, thus showing Bruce that there are some people in Gotham that actually look at Batman as a hero rather than a criminal.

(I'd post my Ultimate JLA, too, but JESUS ****ING CHRIST I typed too much as it is... :o)

So its our fault you're a lazy *******?
yes its all your fault. i balme my total lack of energy and vigor on you and your cohorts. its true. So tell me what happened? did you bounce around the boards looking for someone to attack, or did i just get lucky? Hey do you want me to turn around so you can kick me with my back turned?:whatever:

Me too man! I dont compare Ultimate to Ass-Star because it makes the Ultimate name dirtyer. It's like it craps on it!:D:D:D:D:D That's y I don' comparison dem.

yes its all your fault. i balme my total lack of energy and vigor on you and your cohorts. its true. So tell me what happened? did you bounce around the boards looking for someone to attack, or did i just get lucky? Hey do you want me to turn around so you can kick me with my back turned?:whatever:
Master Bruce: http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10956078&postcount=16
Master Bruce: ...Let's place our bets
Master Bruce: I say he's in third grade
Master Bruce: But only because he's an over achiever
CConn: The Council of One agrees
zer00: The Z-man peeked at the link then went back to looking for street fighter the later years part 2

Yes, we are watching you. And yes, we are mocking you.

^I'd really have to agree. It feels like we get at least two Ultimate DC threads per month or something, and someone will invariably post those damned Wizard pics, and then people will go through the exact same complaints that have been made about those pics and origins that everyone already agrees with, and then someone's going to bring up All-Star even though All-Star really has little to do with the Ultimate Marvel universe, and then everyone makes out with some kangaroos.

That last part was really my own wishful thinking.

The only good part of those pics is Wonder Woman. :o

So tell me what happened? did you bounce around the boards looking for someone to attack, or did i just get lucky?

I got lucky. The thing with idiots is, they usually aren't hard to find and even then, they find you, you don't find them. As seen in this situation. Have a good day.:yay:

I got lucky. The thing with idiots is, they usually aren't hard to find and even then, they find you, you don't find them. As seen in this situation. Have a good day.:yay:
you must have had a really hard time in highschool if you need to attack faceless people on messageboards. tell me were you beaten up in the locker room? Did you ever go to your locker between classes only to find jocks surounding it, laughing at you, harassing you? Does it still make you sick? Did you in the back of your mind wish that you could exact some dark revenge on them? I bet when you see someone here that has a different opinion than you you find that dark corner of your mind and you let out some of that poison that sleeps there.

you must have had a really hard time in highschool if you need to attack faceless people on messageboards. tell me were you beaten up in the locker room? Did you ever go to your locker between classes only to find jocks surounding it, laughing at you, harassing you? Does it still make you sick? Did you in the back of your mind wish that you could exact some dark revenge on them? I bet when you see someone here that has a different opinion than you you find that dark corner of your mind and you let out some of that poison that sleeps there.

OMG! You totally got me.:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"