Age of Ultron Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weak by comparison because he had the awareness to not put humans in harms way?
As Thor crashes a giant space eel into Grand Central Station. :funny:

Yeah his strength was comparible to Hulk who stopped a giant space whale with one punch. Just because his strength wasn't shoved down your throat as much as MOS doesn't mean he was "weak".

I agree, I'd like to see Thor's powers amped up a bit in each film.

Not only the final blow, I want him to give Ultron the best fight out of all of The Avengers. It was that was in the comics and Avengers: EMH so it would make perfect sense.
One of the big things when comparing Thor to Hulk or the MoS Kryptonians is his movement. Hulk and Superman move with pure power. For the most part, Hemsworth's Thor doesn't move with great speed or power. He moves like a normal human being. He isn't clearing hundreds of yards in seconds or punching/hitting with the kinda of movement your expect from someone who is super human. Hemsworth Thor is more "old school" super human. A lot of normal, not exactly real looking stuff, with the big moments being played up (kill shot on big monster in Thor or running Hulk through a wall). The same guy that is able to move that fast, is the same guy swinging his hammer like a normal human.

There is also when he swings his hammer. It looks prop like a bit too much. The most solid it looks is in the hero shots when it isn't moving or when Hulk was messing with it in the Avengers.

Last edited:
As Thor crashes a giant space eel into Grand Central Station. :funny:

Ahhh yes .... an empty station. Unlike the IHOP full of diners. :whatever:

Notice Thor was also the same guy who attempted to subdue the Hulk inside of the Hellicarrier instead of letting the fight escalate into a full blown brawl where many aboard the Hellicarrier could've been put in harms way.

One of the big things when comparing Thor to Hulk or the MoS Kryptonians is his movement. Hulk and Superman move with pure power. For the most part, Hemsworth's Thor doesn't move with great speed or power. He moves like a normal human being. He isn't clearing hundreds of yards in seconds or punching/hitting with the kinda of movement your expect from someone who is super human. Hemsworth Thor is more "old school" super human. A lot of normal, not exactly real looking stuff, with the big moments being played up (kill shot on big monster in Thor or running Hulk through a wall). The same guy that is able to move that fast, is the same guy swinging his hammer like a normal human.

There is also when he swings his hammer. It looks prop like a bit too much. The most solid it looks is in the hero shots when it isn't moving or when Hulk was messing with it in the Avengers.

Wut? LOL ......

You even mention "alot of normal, not exactly real looking stuff." OK bud, yeah everything about what Supes did in MoS was the pinnacle of realism.

ultron.jpg

They need to have this scene or something like it in the film.

Yeah Thor's movements don't really look superhuman, that's why I say his strength isn't as "in your face" as MOS Supes.

I also agree with Thor's hammer looking like a prop during combat, only in TA though because it looked alot better in Thor. It might be because of the longer handle, because Thor's hammer wielding in the first film was ALOT more impressive than in TA.

I would love to see Thor's powers amped up. even to MoS levels, I wouldn't have a problem lol

MOS Supes wasn't that much stronger than Thor, to be honest he didn't do much Thor couldn't. I'm certain Thor can lift every vehicle Supes lifted in MOS, as evidence by the fact of him stopping Hulk's punch.

The same punch that stopped a space whale in it's tracks, it's just that Supes strength was put on dispay more.

Ahhh yes .... an empty station. Unlike the IHOP full of diners. :whatever:

Notice Thor was also the same guy who attempted to subdue the Hulk inside of the Hellicarrier instead of letting the fight escalate into a full blown brawl where many aboard the Hellicarrier could've been put in harms way.
Actually there are people in the station. They are right in front of the camera when they crash in.

And he tried to subdue the Hulk because he didn't want to hurt Banner. Do you think when he was lighting up those space eels they fell backwards into the void? :D

Wut? LOL ......

You even mention "alot of normal, not exactly real looking stuff." OK bud, yeah everything about what Supes did in MoS was the pinnacle of realism.
I am not trying to start some sort of war. I am trying to describe the difference the best I can.

When Thor swings his hammer, it isn't like he is doing it in any sort of superhuman manner. He just swings it in what feels looks like a normal human manner. His movement is not especially quick or powerful. This doesn't look all that great when compared to Hulk, the MoS Kryptonians or even Killian in Iron Man 3. They move with a strength and ferocity Thor is missing.

Look at Hulk running through the Helicarrier, Faora flash stepping down the street, Killian fighting Iron Man, or Superman and Zod slugging it out. It is what is missing from Thor's superhumanness imo.

Now it wouldn't really come out that much if not for those "Super" moments like the Hulk tackle or the incredible Kill Shot in Thor. They kinda of set an expectation.
Yeah Thor's movements don't really look superhuman, that's why I say his strength isn't as "in your face" as MOS Supes.

I also agree with Thor's hammer looking like a prop during combat, only in TA though because it looked alot better in Thor. It might be because of the longer handle, because Thor's hammer wielding in the first film was ALOT more impressive than in TA.
The hammer movement definitely looked better in Thor. Which is funny, because I like the design of the Avengers hammer a bit more, but as you said I think the extra length made it look a little loose when he was swinging it about.

I just want more lightning in these next two films. The man is the God of Thunder. It feels like it should be his main weapon.

I am not trying to start some sort of war. I am trying to describe the difference the best I can.

When Thor swings his hammer, it isn't like he is doing it in any sort of superhuman manner. He just swings it in what feels looks like a normal human manner. His movement is not especially quick or powerful. This doesn't look all that great when compared to Hulk, the MoS Kryptonians or even Killian in Iron Man 3. They move with a strength and ferocity Thor is missing.

Look at Hulk running through the Helicarrier, Faora flash stepping down the street, Killian fighting Iron Man, or Superman and Zod slugging it out. It is what is missing from Thor's superhumanness imo.

Now it wouldn't really come out that much if not for those "Super" moments like the Hulk tackle or the incredible Kill Shot in Thor. They kinda of set an expectation.

I know what you mean, I hope that changes in Thor:TDW and Avengers:AOU plus the shot in my avy gives me hope. We'll have more to judge from when the new trailer is released next week and I have even higher hopes for A:AOU since I'm sure Whedon's seen MOS. :word:

DarthSkyWalker said:
The hammer movement definitely looked better in Thor. Which is funny, because I like the design of the Avengers hammer a bit more, but as you said I think the extra length made it look a little loose when he was swinging it about.

I just want more lightning in these next two films. The man is the God of Thunder. It feels like it should be his main weapon.

Yeah it's also strange because Hemsworth had more hammer training for Avengers and Mjolnir wasn't used nearly as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well also keep in mind Thor was weakened in Avengers by the dark energy.

Yeah, not finding much canon or logic in the comic tie-ins. Those are the same books that had Iron Man making small talk during the battle. If that was actually going on, they would have mentioned it in the film.

the other page, Now, granted it doesn't say it weakened Thor it does say that Odin was weakened by the energy and that Thor did SURVIVE the energy
sgpr.png

Yeah, not finding much canon or logic in the comic tie-ins. Those are the same books that had Iron Man making small talk during the battle. If that was actually going on, they would have mentioned it in the film.
yeah the only 2 issues. do you have them?

At what point was he to be showing the effect of this travel during the film? Because they never mention it. In fact, he seems perfectly fine.

yeah the only 2 issues. do you have them?
I have them. I have skimmed them. I lost a lot of interest when I saw the New York scenes. I hate it when people don't even try. Did like Loki's brief arrival home though.

They never did show or mention it during the film. I'm sure Marvel wouldn't have added that little tidbit if they didn't mean to use it later in some way. Besides Yost wrote it and Quesada was involved too so you know there's a tie there even if it wasn't mentioned in the film.
At what point was he to be showing the effect of this travel during the film? Because they never mention it. In fact, he seems perfectly fine.

I have them. I have skimmed them. I lost a lot of interest when I saw the New York scenes. I hate it when people don't even try. Did like Loki's brief arrival home though.

There are many good points in this thread.

First of all, Thor can be super amped up and still not make the other Avengers look like dweebs. The only thing MoS had on Thor were speed blitzes, and Thor never needed to speed blitz anyone. He really has yet to be challenged in battle in the MCU.

One of the easiest ways to have Thor still be able to show the full force of his power and still have the other Avengers rooted in an epic battle is to seperate the action. Thor can be using full force taking on Ultron with galatic blasts, lightning bolts, fists of fury and speed blitzes along with Hulk while the other avengers focus on rescuing innocent bystanders and coming up with a plan to take down Ultron.

A more powerful Thor hurts no one in this film. Just the Thor haters.

And I think the MoS battle scenes were completely logical. Tell me how was Superman supposed to stop the Kryptonians from engaging in world war against the humans? This was full scale war and that includes casualities.

The title of this thread says it all ...

I would love that line (or something similar) to be in the movie. Such a badass line and entrance by Thor.

I'm sure they wouldn't have Thor being weakened by the Dark Energy if they didn't have plans on inlcuding it in T:TDW. Now I could be wrong, but it would be a good explanation as to why Thor seems more powerful in the sequel.

They need to have this scene or something like it in the film.

ultron.jpg

Yeah indeed!

Ultron unlimited was a great Ultron story. I really recommend it for those of you who haven´t read it!

Thor really was toned down in avengers , remember how he fought the frost giants in Thor-1 and in Avengers he was just fighting the aliens alongside cap like a II supersoldier .
He wasn't looking GOD material at all even loki Joked about not being Immortal and testing Thor when he was trapped in the cell .

Who knows we might get Erik Thunderstrike Storyline ...

Thor really was toned down in avengers , remember how he fought the frost giants in Thor-1 and in Avengers he was just fighting the aliens alongside cap like a II supersoldier .
He wasn't looking GOD material at all even loki Joked about not being Immortal and testing Thor when he was trapped in the cell .

You completely misunderstood the point of that line Loki gave about testing their immortality.

Alright let's not go overboard now, clearly Thor was portrayed alot more powerfully than any super soldier. He caught a punch from Hulk, crushed IM's gauntlet, ran up the side of a mountain, and destroyed more leviathans than any other Avenger.

Not to mention, saving Cap's ash in that same scene and casually knocking a car down a city block.

Last edited:
Alright let's not go overboard now, clearly Thor was portrayed alot more powerfully than any super soldier. He caught a punch from Hulk, crushed IM's gauntlet, ran up the side of a mountain, and destroyed more leviathans than any other Avenger.

Not to mention, saving Cap's ash in that same scene and casually knocking a car down a city block.
In a way, Thunder strike might make a great Agents of SHIELD story. Have Erik find something that's charged from the cube and somehow absorbed Thor's essence and becoming Thunder strike, a street level hero.

You completely misunderstood the point of that line Loki gave about testing their immortality.
Yeah it SHOULD have been tested back fighting the Destroyer.

Remember the first issues of volume 2 where Thor was almost killed before being placed into Jake Olsen?

Who's hating? I personally thought there was just too much crashing through buildings and structures. I loved everything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"