Age of Ultron Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everyone seem to think that Thor will fight the Vision? Is there something I missed?

Why does everyone seem to think that Thor will fight the Vision? Is there something I missed?

Whilst it doesn't mention it in the collider interview, it is specifically stated in other reports that on one of the days there was a press visit they were shooting a large fight between Thor and Vision.

They asked him about the fight with Vision and Hemsworth said "it takes place in Avengers tower".

When Collider, HitFix and several other media sites visited the secret London set of Marvel's forthcoming Avengers: Age of Ultron last year, they had witnessed the filming of a battle scene between Chris Hemsworth's Asgardian Thor and Paul Bettany's android the Vision. About the sequence, which apparently takes place under the "the upper balcony of the main room of the Avengers Tower set," the Aussie actor says, "This is their first meeting, and as you can see, it's conflicted. It’s a big fight scene."

Finally, Hemsworth was asked if Thor's power is amped up in Age of Ultron. "Yeah, I mean in this instance [with the Vision] you see it’s hand-to-hand combat because if someone of his equal strength or moreso than him, so he can afford to do that," says the actor. "Whereas with the people who were far less capable than him and not as strong, I said, 'You know, let’s make sure he’s picking up cars and throwing them and ripping things in half and spending a bit more time up in the air and using the elements as opposed to being stuck kind of in a hand-to-hand sort of fist fight with the bad guys.' So yeah, I think it keeps getting kind of amped up and then the stunts become more elaborate. Yeah, we see him fly a bit more."

Last edited:
that is interesting. why avengers tower i would like to know. this movies timeline is perplexing lol

I wonder why Thor only wears armor around his arms for one scene (Avengers Mansion; presumably after Ultron's first attack on the group) and goes on the entire film without them?

Everything Hemsworth said in that interview is what I wanted to hear regarding Thor in AOU, I am really looking forward to the more varied fight scenes and showings of power, plus, of course, Thor vs Vision!

Seconded!!:up:

When I read that Hemsworth asked for Thor to lift/throw cars and rip things in half I was like WOW.

The part about him going off and helping The Avengers figure out what's going on is also great. Not to mention staying in the air more and using the elements. :wow:

When I read that Hemsworth asked for Thor to lift/throw cars and rip things in half I was like WOW.

The part about him going off and helping The Avengers figure out what's going on is also great. Not to mention staying in the air more and using the elements. :wow:

Yeah, feats of strength/power without Mjolnir are a must.

Hulk finally gets a piece of "PUNY TIN MAN" and Thor and Vision go toe to toe. Check and check.

that is interesting. why avengers tower i would like to know. this movies timeline is perplexing lol

Most likely scenario: Ultron corrupts Vision at the beginning of the movie.

I also like the fact that they'll seemingly utilize the fact that thor is perhaps the most knowledgeable person in the group given his centuries' worth of experience and how they're trying to emphasize that thor simply isn't one of the muscles for the group.

"Will he lift cars, and then rip them in half? That would be cool. Maybe he cuts loose like Hulk did in TIH.

If Hulk destroys your car, it's covered by insurance. If Thor destroys your car, your insurance doesn't cover it, since it's an act of God.

Yeah, feats of strength/power without Mjolnir are a must.

The Avengers was on the right track but the feats were kind of subtle. Then TDW came along and made Thor revert back to being over dependent on Mjolnir.

I've always thought that if the first Thor film had the production budget that "TDW" had, along with having ILM work on its effects instead, then it would have been the PERFECT Thor film at this point in time.

Kenneth got Thor's character in terms of his personality, power, and family dynamics better than any director has (thus far).

Thor unleashed tornado and lightening powers from his hammer as well as sending it through dozens of frost Giants in Thor 1. Yeah, I'd like to see more of that.

Thor was fighting a magic elf powered by an infinity stone, and Thor was actually hanging in there. What could Vision possibly do to him?

Thor was fighting a magic elf powered by an infinity stone, and Thor was actually hanging in there. What could Vision possibly do to him?

Well there's the fact that Vision can phase through solid objects, which can be used as a means of inflicting serious injuries/pain to Thor if he phased his hand inside Thor's body.

I've always thought that if the first Thor film had the production budget that "TDW" had, along with having ILM work on its effects instead, then it would have been the PERFECT Thor film at this point in time.

Kenneth got Thor's character in terms of his personality, power, and family dynamics better than any director has (thus far).

Agreed, the first Thor is still the better movie though, by far in my eyes, but if it had a slightly bigger budget it could have been even more amazing.

I really hope Branagh comes back to do Thor 3.

It seems like a large portion of Thor's involvement in this film will deal with him dreading the arrival of Ragnarok, hence why he may choose to leave Earth at the end of the film.

Chris keeps talking about how Thor is going to realize the "big picture" and how there are other (and potentially bigger) things that need his attention and I think he's talking about Ragnarok.

Is "Ragnarok" that big of an event?

Either that or the infinity war.
He speaks of Age of Ultron happening too conveniently.

Most likely scenario: Ultron corrupts Vision at the beginning of the movie.

Actually that's pretty unlikely I would think.

Ultron won't be corrupting Vision at the beginning of the movie. He will probably create him first.

The Avengers was on the right track but the feats were kind of subtle. Then TDW came along and made Thor revert back to being over dependent on Mjolnir.

Alan Taylor had no idea what to do with the character. He just tried to make it like game of thrones.

Well there's the fact that Vision can phase through solid objects, which can be used as a means of inflicting serious injuries/pain to Thor if he phased his hand inside Thor's body.

I hope that stunt doesn't get over done. And I hope it's not a good fight, then Vision just sticks his hand inside Thor and Thor is down for the count. I want a good fight. I would assume Thor beats Vision though because how would they even get Vision reprogrammed? Banner and Stark (and probably scarlet witch) have something to do with Vision turning. I don't think he randomly has a change of heart, he must get destroyed or disable before.

I hope that stunt doesn't get over done. And I hope it's not a good fight, then Vision just sticks his hand inside Thor and Thor is down for the count. I want a good fight. I would assume Thor beats Vision though because how would they even get Vision reprogrammed? Banner and Stark (and probably scarlet witch) have something to do with Vision turning. I don't think he randomly has a change of heart, he must get destroyed or disable before.

I suspect the Thor vs. Vision fight will be used to establish how powerful Vision is, and I agree that it needs to be a good fight.

I personally want Ultron to create Vision, but wouldn't mind if the Banner and Stark link comes from them reprogramming Jarvis beforehand. I also want to see Vision develop his own ideas and be shown to realise that Ultron has evil intentions and become a good individual on his own.

Either that or the infinity war.
He speaks of Age of Ultron happening too conveniently.

I like this. We don't need Thor as some big dumb jock, but a warrior/God with thousands of years of experience and knowledge.

Actually that's pretty unlikely I would think.

Ultron won't be corrupting Vision at the beginning of the movie. He will probably create him first.

Actually, Vision will be created by Tony Stark and Bruce Banner.

Alan Taylor had no idea what to do with the character. He just tried to make it like game of thrones.

Marvel needs to prove themselves with Thor 3. Thor 1 was alright, TDW was just bad. Thor: Ragnarok is supposed to be the lynchpin of the phase 3 films. It better be epic. They better hire a damned good director this time as well as a massive budget and do Thor Justice. I don't want to see any of Earth for the entirety of this film. Develop existing characters and introduce some new ones such as Valkyrie, Balder, and Amora.

Not according to Whedon. Ultron creates Vision. That's what he said.

I suspect the Thor vs. Vision fight will be used to establish how powerful Vision is, and I agree that it needs to be a good fight.

I personally want Ultron to create Vision, but wouldn't mind if the Banner and Stark link comes from them reprogramming Jarvis beforehand. I also want to see Vision develop his own ideas and be shown to realise that Ultron has evil intentions and become a good individual on his own.

I hope that Vision's power is established against the entire team in their first encounter with him. Him, together with other foes, could both surprise and overwhelm them.

Imo it's cooler if Thor goes up against Vision when he's already established and Thor is chosen to try to deal with him after they've had time to assess what happened the last time. It sets the stakes higher and therefor makes the fight more special.

Mjölnir;30787485 said:
I hope that Vision's power is established against the entire team in their first encounter with him. Him, together with other foes, could both surprise and overwhelm them.

Imo it's cooler if Thor goes up against Vision when he's already established and Thor is chosen to try to deal with him after they've had time to assess what happened the last time. It sets the stakes higher and therefor makes the fight more special.

I'm thinking Ultron sends Vision after Thor specifically, and the drones after the others, perhaps a the same time as Hulk fights Hulkbuster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"