(un?)Official Scott Summers/Cyclops thread

It's ironic because James went on to play high school pretty boys in roles between X-Men films. And NOW he's too old.

Another pointless change that would still have the same effect if they would have opened a comic.

Well not really because if it had been consistent with the comic and, ya know, THREE PREVIOUS MOVIES...
Wolverine wouldn't have been able to deflect DP's optic blasts with his shiney claws!

After Hugh Jackman, Will.i.am and Troye Sivian (young Logan) it turns out Tim Pocock is also a singer!:cyclops:

Transcript: X-Men Origins Wolverine - Tim Pocock Interview
Rebecca Murray from About.com Hollywood Movies at a special Los Angeles Industry Screening of X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Tim Pocock – 'Scott Summers'/'Cyclops' in X-Men Origins: Wolverine
So you're a trained opera singer – did I read that?

Tim Pocock: "Yes."

How does that prepare you to play Cyclops?

Tim Pocock: "Well, I do have a pretty nifty bit at the end of the movie where I get to scream my lungs out and I had the lung capacity to for it. No, I mean when I did the operas that was when I was a little bit younger. Obviously I was involved in the Australian Opera House. I was in over 100 performances on their stage there. And at the time, I really didn't take enough advantage. I was just having such a great time I didn't really think that much about it. But now that I'm here I see that it was such a great building block. It was what gave me my inspiration to become an actor. I got employed by them as a singer and obviously when you're singing in opera, it's not just standing on a stage singing. There is a bit of acting involved. And as I did it – I was working with them for about five years – I got more and more into the acting side of things. And I remember being on stage in one particular opera I was in called Billy Budd where the main character's being hung for a mutiny. My character is a midshipman and I started to cry on stage and I was getting really upset that no one in the audience could see because I was like at the back of the stage. I was like, 'I need a camera! Where's my close-up?' And so I was like, 'Yep, I'm going to be a screen actor now.'"

And that led to Wolverine.

Tim Pocock: "Yeah, exactly. A few years down the track I'd done some acting courses. I actually did a film course in filmmaking so that I could understand the process more. And yeah, just got the interview, got the audition and away we went on this huge journey."

Your first feature film and it's an X-Men movie. Can you top that?

Tim Pocock: "I hope so. I don't know, though. I mean maybe a sequel."

We know your character keeps going because we've seen the other movies. Did you try and copy anything that James [Marsden] did or did you make him totally your own because you are the first one?

Tim Pocock: "Yeah, definitely wanted to make him my own. I feel like he's a very different human being at that point in time. He's a teenager. What teenager is the same when they're 30 years old? And everybody has a transition moment in their lives. I think Cyclops' big transition moment happened in this movie. He goes from being a very troubled teen to becoming a leader throughout the course of this film. And I really enjoyed being able to do that and it was something that I spoke to Gavin [Hood], the director, about trying to bring that out of him because the script, as it was, it had the hints there. But it definitely could have had a little bit more so we spoke about how to bring that out. It was a lot of fun. I enjoyed the opportunity. I'm looking forward to seeing it, actually."

You haven't seen it?

Tim Pocock: "I haven't. I refused to see the leaked version and I was saving up for tonight. It's already started in Australia but I'm saving up for tonight to see it."
http://video.about.com/movies/Tim-Pocock-Wolverine.htm

Cyclops had a decent cameo and i liked the fact that he was one that led the rest of the mutants (with the help of Xavier) out of Stryker's base.

I'm still not clear on exactly why Cyclops was in this movie. To my knowledge, he never had any interaction with Wolverine or the Weapon X program, and didn't meet Wolverine until Wolvy joined the X-Men. Or am I missing something?

He didnt meet Wolverine in the movie either.

Well, what I meant was have any part of Wolverine's history.

Gambit, Emma, Blob, and Bolt didn't have anything to do with Wolverine's history either. It doesn't really matter to Fox.

I'm still not clear on exactly why Cyclops was in this movie. To my knowledge, he never had any interaction with Wolverine or the Weapon X program, and didn't meet Wolverine until Wolvy joined the X-Men. Or am I missing something?

He's there, like Xavier is, to set up the X-Men Origins: First Class film. Which is most likely the next X-flick at the moment. (But who knows really, they've been talking about the Magneto film forever & I highly doubt it will ever come.) Anyways, I know Scott has no place in Wolverine's origin, but if I get a few more moments of cinematic Cyclops regardles if it's a Wolverine, Spider-Man, or even a DC movie I'll TAKE IT! My fav part of the film was when he toasted all those soldiers. HA! I'm way to big a geek for Cyclops. Oh well.

I mentioned somewhere else that after Wolverine, Cyclops blasting Sabretooth off of the Statue of Liberty in X1 is kinda funny.

Gambit, Emma, Blob, and Bolt didn't have anything to do with Wolverine's history either. It doesn't really matter to Fox.

It doesn't really matter to me either. Movies are a different continuity. Unlearn everything you have learned:cwink:

I'm pretty sure the one and only reason why Cyclops is in this movie is because of all the negative fan reaction, myself included, to his treatment and death in X3:Last Stand. They prolly figured that sticking him in this movie would be a way make ammends and win back the hearts of Cyclops fans.

That and they set up X-men first class

I'm pretty sure the one and only reason why Cyclops is in this movie is because of all the negative fan reaction, myself included, to his treatment and death in X3:Last Stand. They prolly figured that sticking him in this movie would be a way make ammends and win back the hearts of Cyclops fans.

In that case their plan FAILED.

No offense to Tim Pocock but he's a poor substitute for James Marsden.

I think they brought Scott to this movie, as another way to connect (specially for the general audience) the other three movies to this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"