underrated 70s and early 80s films

echostation

Superhero
Reaction score
Hello Mafisos, was wondering if anyone could please recommend some good underrated 70s to early 80s films? The only genre I'm not looking into is horror or psycho killer type crap.

I was told by a few friends recently that they saw Heaven's Gate and they actually really really liked the film apparently despite it being a massive bomb when it came out... so I'm hoping to check that out, I also hear Brazil or Time Bandits? are both meant to be great...

if anyone could recommend such films that may not have done too well at the box office but were actually hailed later on or good films overall, please recommend some!!! thanks! :boba:

Nighthawks - 1981 - Sylvester Stallone and Billy Dee Williams as NYPD cops and Rutger Hauer as the villain

cool i'll defn check out nighthawks as i've heard others talking about it on here too, saw the traielr and it looked interesting, sly looks really diffeerent and I was suprrised that i hadn't heard much about the film at all!

Have any of you seen heaven's gate?

Have any of you seen heaven's gate?

I have not seen it, but you got me interested in it now: a western directed by Michael Cimino (The Deer Hunter) starring Kris Kristofferson, Christopher Walken, John Hurt, Brad Dourif and Jeff Bridges.

Some films I'd recommend:

And Soon the Darkness (1970)
Atmospheric Brit thriller. Soon to be remade.

The Mechanic (1972)
Not your average hitman film.

Sitting Target (1972)
Oliver Reed and Ian McShane play escaped convicts. This is pretty rare though. See if you can find it. I saw it at a film festival.

The Hunter (1980)
Steve McQueen as a bounty hunter. His last film too.

Hello Mafisos
what's a mafiso? anyway..

175pxscarecrowmoviepost.jpg

Scarecrow (1973)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman