Universal and Hasbro sign multi-picture deal

So um, when the market acts right again, I need to buy some shares? :ninja:

Excellent, maybe now the Cabbage Patch Kids will get a big screen treatment :woot:

Excellent, maybe now the Cabbage Patch Kids will get a big screen treatment :woot:

That would be a horror film. :csad: And I'm not even being funny...those things scare me. The urban legend about how they come to life at night and choke the **** out of you.

I actually would love to see a Monopoly movie much in the same vein as Clue. Come on a tongue in cheek movie about capitalism especially in this climate, there so much potential there if they don't **** it up.

Richard Attenborough IS Moneybags.

I actually would love to see a Monopoly movie much in the same vein as Clue. Come on a tongue in cheek movie about capitalism especially in this climate, there so much potential there if they don't **** it up.

Cant Rat Race be sort of considered a Monopoly movie ? Racing around to win the money prize

That would be a horror film. :csad: And I'm not even being funny...those things scare me. The urban legend about how they come to life at night and choke the **** out of you.

200px-Cabbage_patch_kids.jpg

"Come play with us Terry.."

There's a reason they bond their arms and legs in those packages.

I thought Ridley Scott was already attached to make Monopoly.

I thought Ridley Scott was already attached to make Monopoly.

I never read that, that'd be cool though. Someone mentioned Rat Race, the problem with that is that it was a vehicle for a bunch of washed up actors/actresses. If they made a monopoly movie they really should go with a no-cast.

1. Link please

2. Or Pic

I had one when I was a baby.

:huh: Universal made that deal a little late didn't they? Sort of missed the big two toy brands from Hasbro. I guess they can use ummmmm Action Man. But really who wants an Action Man movie. Maybe they can do a Rom the Spacenight movie or something, maybe even micronauts if Hasbro has the rights to them?

Here are some of the Hasbro properties. I have highlighted the ones I think would make good movies:

#
# Army Ants
# Battle Beasts
# Beyblade
# Built to Rule (abbreviated BTR)
# Cabbage Patch Kids (1989-1994)
# C.O.P.S. 'n Crooks
# Easy-Bake Oven
# FurReal
# G.I. Joe
# Iron Man
# Incredible Hulk
# Jem and the Holograms
# Jurassic Park with the 2005 toyline being the most recent one
# Littlest Pet Shop
# Lincoln Logs
# Lite-Brite
# Marvel (Starting 2006)
# Mr. Potato Head
# My Little Pony
# Play-Doh
# Pokémon
# Spider-Man Origins
# Spider-Man 3
# Spirograph
# Star Wars
# Tinkertoys
# Transformers
# Waddingtons
# World Wrestling Federation (1990-1994)

* 13 Dead End Drive
* Axis and Allies
* Battleship
* Candy Land
* Cranium
* Clue (Cluedo)
* Diplomacy
* Dungeons & Dragons (Roleplaying Game)
* The Game of Life
* Magic: The Gathering (Hasbro's top-selling brand)
* Monopoly (best selling board game ever according to the Guinness Book of World Records)
* Mouse Trap
* Ouija
* Pictionary
* Risk
* Rummikub
* Scrabble
* Trivial Pursuit

Don't shoot me, but I'd love to see a Scrabble Rom-Com.

Monopoly sounds like it could be a great deal of fun as well.
Jem and the Holograms could be awesome, but something tells me it'd get Hannah Montanaed into nothingness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"