Unproduced Batman 2 Script by Sam Hamm

I was just getting ready to write the exact same thing. Great moments, but when Batman talked, I heard Chris Reeve's voice.
Silver was tons better than Vicky, though.
And Robin was totally unnecessary.
The whole film just didn't feel... big enough, just a 3-part issue of Batman. Not cinematic enough, you know?

Yep. Have you read Frank Miller's YEAR ONE Script?
Its good, but it seems to be set in the 70's for some reason, and why on gods green earth did He screw with the origin that way?

I mean, the comics of YR1 are perfect, granted, they needed fleshing out for a like action movie, but WTF? You know.

I didn't really like it, I'm glad it never got made. Big Al? Please. the YR1 comic as great for what it was: a comic. A near perfect translation of it would be a disaster, IMO.

favorite parts of this script:
batman on horseback
the opening scene
interesting way of bringing robin in
penguin more comic accurate
the end fight in wayne manor

favorite parts of this script:
batman on horseback
the opening scene
interesting way of bringing robin in
penguin more comic accurate
the end fight in wayne manor

I agre with everything except for Penguin being more comic accurate. Then again, I hate the comics' Penguin.

I didn't really like it, I'm glad it never got made. Big Al? Please. the YR1 comic as great for what it was: a comic. A near perfect translation of it would be a disaster, IMO.

Right, but the parts he took from his own comic like the curruption in the GCPD and Gordon were gold. My point is, where Miller differed from ther comic he sucked. Obviously a direct translation was out of order, but if the parts he had expanded on were beeter, could ahve been good. As it stands, it sucks, but has some nice moments.

Right, but the parts he took from his own comic like the curruption in the GCPD and Gordon were gold. My point is, where Miller differed from ther comic he sucked. Obviously a direct translation was out of order, but if the parts he had expanded on were beeter, could ahve been good. As it stands, it sucks, but has some nice moments.

This, I can agree with.

Sounded alot more like a sequel then Returns ended up being.

Well, since it was written by the same guy who did B89, it's logical, however, I believe it wouldn't have gone well. Imo, the best situation BR's script should've ended up would have been the best of both scripts and not (almost) total disregard for the Sam Hamm one.

I read this years ago and always felt the idea for Batmans family having made it's fortune by his grandfather stealing Gothams money waaay in the past to be a pretty cool idea, and the Penguin and Catwoman in search of this lost treasure, taking them right to the Batcave was cool too. The thing I liked the most was that it recognized the prior film and built off it, rather than each film almost being a reboot from ground zero.

Did you post that out of disagreement to my post? Just asking.
Because I saw it and all I saw was a crossover between 300 and Sin City (no surprise here), whiich I'd hate for a Batman movie. I still stand by my point, and more now than before, after this video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"